Menu

Ignore this thread!

8 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I have some (steam-in-bag) riced cauliflower in my freezer and I don't know what to do with it.  I tried a pizza crust and it was bad.  I think I did something wrong.

My favorite is cauliflower fried rice (steam-in-bag cauliflower rice) with gluten free soy sauce, sesame oil, whisked egg, salt and pepper. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

My favorite is cauliflower fried rice (steam-in-bag cauliflower rice) with gluten free soy sauce, sesame oil, whisked egg, salt and pepper. 

That sounds yummy!  So do you steam the cauliflower first and then cook everything together in a pan with the egg?  Would olive or coconut oil work?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I'm going to bed. I wrote all the things. But apparently I wrote them mostly wrong. Hope to find out if it's really wrong, or just a little wrong. 

Hopefully it's only a little bitty teeny tiny bit wrong. Like, almost nothing wrong.  Have good sleeps!

• Like 2

Cinnamon did not want to go to her bunny bed.  We had three of us (Juliet, Dd and I ) all herding her and she kept elluding us.  Finally we got her cornered.  Juliet gave her face a good washing with her tongue before dd was able to grab Cinnamon and cart her off to bed. 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 2

Oldest dd came by last night to talk to dh about cars.  She needs to buy a car, it will be her first time buying one.  She currently drives the car we bought her when she was a Jr in high school.  It's a Jeep Liberty with over 200,000 miles on it and is pretty much on it's last legs.  Between work in one direction and school in the other direction (and far) she really needs a reliable car.  

• Like 2

I"m still not sure what I want to do with my first class today.  They are little guys - 4 to 7 years old.   I'm thinking either seed bombs (which I've done with other classes and will need to see if I have enough seeds), reactions (hydrogen peroxide and yeast and acetone with styrofoam - super messy), or ???

• Like 2

Good morning!

Lynn, that's the worst.  Maybe get in a nap today?

My bathroom counter has been clean for 3 months.

We have a field trip this morning to a nature reserve - we're going to learn about butterflies.  Seems a weird season to be talking about butterflies, but I'm sure it will be interesting.  My kids are often the oldest students on these field trips, but I am hopeful that they'll actually remember more of what is taught.  And they seem to enjoy it.

Coffee!

• Like 4

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!

I was so tired last night that I went to bed before 10.  (I usually go to bed between midnight and 1.)  I slept soundly until 3 am.  Then I was awake for several hours.  I did get back to sleep for a little while, but I still feel tired.  I may need to take a nap this morning.  😞

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!

I am up early this morning. I gots me a job interview in the Big City at 9:00am. Yes, I am nervous. Both about the job interview and the job itself. Going back to work for pay after 15 years is rather daunting. I’m excited, and with teenagers and going to Christian school and DS is going to be driving soon, there’s going to be more expenses, so we definitely need the $$ ,but.... I kind of like my footloose and fancy-free lifestyle.

The tree guy is coming this afternoon. Not only do we have like 15 redwoods and/or pine trees on our lot, we have 4 mature palm trees that are in desperate need of grooming. Hmmmm, I guess it is good I may be getting a job.

• Like 5

Seed bombs it is.  I decided the other option was way too messy and I want to wait until dd can be here as an extra set of hands and eyes.   I didn't want to drag her here extra early today when we are going to be here until 8pm tonight.  Maybe next week.

Whoo Hoo!  A seed bomb booya!

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 8

Tuesday morning musings-  yesterday was my third 10,000 day in a row. It's going to rain for the rest of the week but I would like to keep it up if possible. I have been continuing to research the whole 10000 step thing and it's linked to lowering bmi and improving insulin resistance. I am tired of spinning my wheels on weight loss and bloodsugars (and that whole viscous circle). 

The bad:  night time is very very painful. My joints were aching so bad last night. But nights tend to be painful no matter what, so maybe it is good to make the pain "count ". (Obviously if it seems to be leading to injury etc I will back off. ). In my experience the greater pain levels last for a month before my stupid body gets used to it. So 27 days to go. This is also why I am jumping from 6500 steps to 10000. I'd rather just go through the month of extra pain just once rather than each time I ramp up. 

The good:  boy, I really hope that there is some good. I did feel more energetic over all yesterday and less stiff. Once I got up and around. And I got more done. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

12 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

That sounds yummy!  So do you steam the cauliflower first and then cook everything together in a pan with the egg?  Would olive or coconut oil work?

12 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I don’t steam it first but cut the bag open and stir fry it. One of the Bird’s Eye bags had the fried rice recipe on the back. 

If you don't need super low carb (and to make it more family and budget-friendly), you can mix half cauliflower/half brown rice. Add ground pork (or chicken or tofu), egg, and a bunch of veggies and it's dinner. You can stir-fry it in whatever oil you want. I tend to use peanut oil for Asian food, but I have used coconut and avocado oil, because I have them. Ghee is yummy, too, but I mostly use that for curries.

I love food.

Perhaps that's why I'm fat?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Three hours?? Nobody is taking this thread seriously!!

I had my interview this morning. I think it went well. I chatted away. I think I came across as very enthusiastic. That’s a good thing, I hope. Now, I will just wait.

The tree guy came and went. I liked him. He’s going to groom our palm trees. Said everything else looked good, so that’s good.

DS has orientation tonight at the Christian High School. So, I guess we’ll be doing that.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Three hours?? Nobody is taking this thread seriously!!

I had my interview this morning. I think it went well. I chatted away. I think I came across as very enthusiastic. That’s a good thing, I hope. Now, I will just wait.

The tree guy came and went. I liked him. He’s going to groom our palm trees. Said everything else looked good, so that’s good.

DS has orientation tonight at the Christian High School. So, I guess we’ll be doing that.

Yay!  That's so exciting!  🎉

• Like 2

From Lori D.:

I have to confess, this was the way I ran homeschool, too. Morning routine for kids was get up, get dressed, make bed, have breakfast, brush teeth, start school -- BUT, start by gently easing in with "together time" full of interesting odds and ends and fun "brain warm up" puzzlers. (The whining at our house came after lunch about having to finish up with afternoon subjects, lol. So that's when I instituted a second very short (15 min.) together time ofsomething fun to ease back into "round 2".)

I'm kinda digging the idea.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Renai has stuff on her calendar.  It's right up there! /\

That class was my daughter's, not mine! The only thing on my calendar is to write, and that was for a specific project. Since I'm undiagnosed ADHD, my brain is working on three projects, my hands are working on two, so I needed to get that third project on paper. It's okay, it's all nonfiction, so I just may pull it off.

4 hours ago, JoJosMom said:

What calendar do you use, Renai?

That one is the calendar on my phone (Android). It syncs with my Google calendars. I mostly refer to the calendar on my computer though (Macbook), because I sometimes add things on there that don't sync to Google (Google can't read my pc calendar) for some reason, although the pc pulls from my Google calendar. It's weird.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Yay for good interview, Krissi! 🏆

Leafy green seeds have been planted.  (Along with some leftfover flower seeds from last year.)  I got through round 1 of The Wizard of Oz.  

Next I need to put together a Van Dinner for the kids and then we're off to youth orchestra.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Yay for good interview, Krissi! 🏆

Leafy green seeds have been planted.  (Along with some leftfover flower seeds from last year.)  I got through round 1 of The Wizard of Oz.  

Next I need to put together a Van Dinner for the kids and then we're off to youth orchestra.

We’re off to see the wizard. The wonderful wizard of Oz. We hear he is a whiz of a wiz, if ever a wiz there was. If ever oh ever a wiz there was the Wizard of Oz is one because... because, because, because, because, because.... because of the wonderful things he does....

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

Unpopular opinion: We have Costco here, but I don't think it's worthwhile. It happens to be near Trader Joe's, also not worthwhile. They happen to be near The Melting Pot, which I could be talked into. 🙂

In my experience Costco on Sam's Club prices seem to be fairly consistent across the nation so whether Costco is worth it seems to be dependent on location.