Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning. I'm trying to use language. So far, I think it's working. Writing and revising today.  Every time I think I'm done, it's like the cycle starts all over again. But in two weeks, yep. Going to be done.  

Today I need to work through about 100 pages to deepen emotion language, but I was so wiped out with empathy for my protagonist yesterday, 100 was my absolute limit. Also writing about 2K for a new WIP to combat the stress, and then there's more synopsis work to do. Plus, I must gather the boys' books and decide what we are doing for summer term because I have money now, but won't have it later if I don't spend it as soon as I can. Fun times. See y'all this evening because not allowed to die.

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Good morning. I'm trying to use language. So far, I think it's working. Writing and revising today.  Every time I think I'm done, it's like the cycle starts all over again. But in two weeks, yep. Going to be done.  

Today I need to work through about 100 pages to deepen emotion language, but I was so wiped out with empathy for my protagonist yesterday, 100 was my absolute limit. Also writing about 2K for a new WIP to combat the stress, and then there's more synopsis work to do. Plus, I must gather the boys' books and decide what we are doing for summer term because I have money now, but won't have it later if I don't spend it as soon as I can. Fun times. See y'all this evening because not allowed to die.

I *may* have it figured it out by the time you get back, but just in case I don't, what is WIP?

28 minutes ago, Ellie said:

It's Friday!! And that means HULA!!! I enjoyed meeting and dancing with the haumana in California, but I missed my own. Looking forward to being with them today. ❤️

You really need to do a live streaming class for us ITTers one day.

• Like 3

I have done the things - medicine, 2nd sleep (a bit), Wizard of Oz practice, banished goat, made shepherd's pie for dinner, got lunch together, drank coffee and water.

After lunch we'll have story time, then leave for Old Lady Party, then home/change clothes/grab stuff/shepherd's pie in oven/more coffee & leave for wedding.  It's the first outdoor wedding of the season and the weather should be good.  I should bring a snack.

I got the booyah!  A Busy Day Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,
It just goes on and on my friends.
People started posting not knowing what it was,
And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends
You'd best come join it with your friends
'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze
And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there
They'll cheer you up so don't despair
The group is growing well as more people start checking in
And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends
It's better than a Mercedes Benz
It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too
Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on
with record-setting length and fun
It started twenty-four months ago from curiosity
and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...
And the place where one finds special friends,
the kind that have hearts that are strong and true
Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

I was at the Old Lady Party.  I think my friend, Ruby, has gone to live somewhere else.  She said about a year ago that her family was looking for an apartment for her.  The staff aren't allowed to tell me.  I miss her.

Time to put on the formal black clothes and head out to the fancy mansion wedding.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

"This your final courtesy call before we close your account and your full balance will become due."

It was a scam. Svengo.

1 hour ago, Renai said:

Who here is learning a foreign language as part of a family endeavor and would like to be part of a focus group to try out a language learning journal? 

I don't know anyone like that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wedding went well.  Outdoor weddings can be tricky because, depending on the space, the sound of a string quartet doesn't travel far.  But several people complemented us on the music, so that's good.  It was an easy wedding - only one actually requested piece and they just left it up to us to play whatever for prelude, the recessional, and the postlude/cocktail half-hour.  We have another wedding at the same place in 3 weeks, but they are being super specific about the music, which apparently will include Bohemian Rhapsody.  Svengo.

I took my medicine.  The Barkley Bladder is still being a little twitchy, but much better.  

• Like 5

I've been Spring Cleaning this week.

In between taking care of kids.

It's Spring Break locally so all the kids' activities are off for the week. Yay for less driving 🙂

General Conference for our church is tomorrow and Sunday, we'll watch the broadcast both days. We have a new church President as of a couple years ago who likes to announce new changes in conference (such as reducing church from a three hour block to a two hour block, the big announcement last conference). It will be interesting to see if anything momentous is announced this time; most changes have been to internal programming and structures, often aimed at making things function better on a worldwide scale.

Edited by maize
  • Like 4

Morning.  Happy Saturday.  I woke up way too early but I guess that's good since I have a lot to do.   Mostly cleaning the house since it's been seriously neglected lately.   Dh won't be back until Monday afternoon since they were able to schedule an evaluation for his dad Monday morning.    With him gone, I'll actually get a lot more done.

I think I've decided to ask my mom to come to Connecticut with me.   But I told dh then I want to go alone in July/August.  Or take a trip with him.  He can fish and I can shop for books.  

• Like 4

I need to find some shirts to wear for my classes/summer camps as it gets warmer.  I have air conditioning but I still need short sleeves.  During the year I wear mostly long-sleeve science themed tshirts, with a few flannel type button downs thrown in.  I have some tshirts - my 4-H ones mostly, a few short sleeve button downs, but I'm going to need more.  And many of my 4-H shirts are older so a little stretched.  I feel like short sleeve tshirts are more casual than long sleeve tshirts (which I realize may not make sense?).   So, I'm trying to find something just a little bit nicer than a tshirt.  Do you think henley style (3 button) or baseball shirts (colored sleeves) or football shirts (striped sleeves) are nicer looking than just plain tshirts?  I was looking at getting some polos, maybe with my logo but they were expensive and felt a little too "I work at Target".  

I want something that doesn't look too casual or sloppy, but I'm doing very messy science so they can't be too nice or expensive and need to wash up easily.   I'm probably overthinking this.  

• Like 2

Good morning!

I slept really well last night.  Today I will help the girls go through clothes tubs today to find summer clothes.  I want to stop by Goodwill to pick up rat bedding since it's half price day.  There is an Eagle Scout ceremony and dinner this afternoon that some of us will attend.  

Coffee!

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

I need to find some shirts to wear for my classes/summer camps as it gets warmer.  I have air conditioning but I still need short sleeves.  During the year I wear mostly long-sleeve science themed tshirts, with a few flannel type button downs thrown in.  I have some tshirts - my 4-H ones mostly, a few short sleeve button downs, but I'm going to need more.  And many of my 4-H shirts are older so a little stretched.  I feel like short sleeve tshirts are more casual than long sleeve tshirts (which I realize may not make sense?).   So, I'm trying to find something just a little bit nicer than a tshirt.  Do you think henley style (3 button) or baseball shirts (colored sleeves) or football shirts (striped sleeves) are nicer looking than just plain tshirts?  I was looking at getting some polos, maybe with my logo but they were expensive and felt a little too "I work at Target".  

I want something that doesn't look too casual or sloppy, but I'm doing very messy science so they can't be too nice or expensive and need to wash up easily.   I'm probably overthinking this.  

Well, this is basically a t-shirt, but Eddie Bauer has 50% off right now which makes their nice, normally $25 t-shirts $12.50.  I get the mens because I like them better than the womens.  

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

I'm sitting in my rocker on the back porch, listening to the rain, wind chimes, and chickens.  The dogs are not wanting to leave the porch to go potty.

My Rose of Sharon bushes that I thought were dying have green leaves!  The chickens had cleared them of buds as soon as dh planted the bushes, but they have risen above!

It always makes me so happy when a plant I thought was lost revives!

So far this spring my chickens seem mainly interesting in eating the dandelion leaves. That I am happy to encourage!

They ate my pumpkins last year though, I need to improve my garden fence.

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Saturday!!!!

Busy Saturday. Meeting at 9:30 at Starbucks with my cousins to plan our family reunion this summer, then lunch at my Aunt’s house.

Last night was campfire night for Awana T&T Girls. It was a lot of fun. They did a cute craft and roasted s’mores and we sang rounds around the campfire. Those girls can sing and they love to sing and it was just beautiful. Sometimes I bemoan that I don’t have a guitar to accompany them, we sing everything a capella, but they still do a fantastic job. Their favorite one to do is “Father, I Adore You” as a 3-part round and it gives me shivers every time I hear it.

• Like 5

I haven't been sleeping because of the snore monster and today I slept in until 10:30! :mellow:

5 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

I was assuming kids.  But now I think she meant the bars.  😂

Me too! I just thought "I have so much to learn from this woman."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

I was going to suggest Eddie Bauer tees.  I get the women's though.  I just ordered eight, because half off and I had a $10 coupon.  Although one is for ddil and one for her mom because we're having mom, Mimi, and granny shirts made with the kids names on them.  The others are all mine!!  I have some already and love them!

I had $10 off too!  So I ended up with two shirts for $15.  I like the mens because they are longer and they feel sturdier to me.  (I tried the women a year or so ago, XL so it would be longer and not clingy, but then the neck was bigger than I liked.  I suppose I could just lose weight, lol.).  Anyway, Yay for fun shirts for your family!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

Scrub tops? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Cleaned:

Kitchen (except floor), living room, den, ds12 room, kids bathroom floor swept, my bedding, my dresser drawers (and a bag made for goodwill), foyer, hall, and litter scooped.  Dd is cleaning her carpet now.

Wow!  One trophy isn't enough!  🏆🏆🏆

• Like 2

I'm back!  Started at True Value for a small tomato cage (for the peonies) and a watering can, but they didn't have small cages and their water cans were all over $22.  Nevermind that.

Goodwill next and got a bunch of bedding for the rats (we use pillow shams for the small floor trays and quilted baby blankets for the large floor tray) and also found a skirt and shirt for the girls and a pair of nice shoes for ds14.  I have never gotten through the Goodwill half-price day line so quickly!  While I was there, dd12 texted me to ask if she could go help do volunteer work at a house up the street.  Turns out it was a group from Both Hands - they raise funds to help families with adoption costs by doing projects for widows.  They are painting her house and tidying up her yard and planting flowers and things.  We did this a few years ago to help some friends adopt their little boy from China.  

Then I braved AFSA and got a $3 watering can, decided to improvise with the larger tomato cages I already have, and finally remembered to buy ds14 some index cards for his research paper.

The living room is covered in piles of clothes, tubs of clothes, bags of clothes, and laundry baskets of clothes.  You'd think we had 20 girls living here.

• Like 3