Menu

Ignore this thread!

57 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

5k and dog park done. I was chatting with the dogless guy who comes to hang out with the dogs (his dog died). He told me that his name is “S.O.B.”  Um... I’m not calling him that!   

Ask if you can call him "S.O.W."!  Son of a Wesley.  :biggrin:

29 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

There's a lull in the rain so we're outside.

I think your weather is heading our way tomorrow.  Today is absolutely gorgeous.  Yet here I am in my living room going through clothes tubs.  The girls are gone, so this is my chance to quietly rid our house of probably 5 tubs of clothes.  I think I have another hour.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Scrub tops? 

I was looking into a scrub jacket with my logo for a lightweight options when the AC is too chilly.  My mother has an embroidery machine but we've run into some hitches with the logo and I need to rework it.  I was thinking of the jacket with logo and just a bunch of science themed shirts, with a few plain ones for backup.   

I've ordered from Eddie Bauer twice since January but mostly long-sleeve stuff.  I wasn't thinking Spring/Summer yet since it's been so cold here.   I bought a couple pairs of PJ pants,  a pair of jeans, some long sleeve shirts.

I used to work as a CNA and scrub pants are the most comfortable thing EVER.    

I've done multiple loads of laundry, put away the clothes from previous loads that have been sitting out for (over?) 2 weeks, went to the AFSA, stopped by the science center to feed the fish and found out my cleaning person did the pile of dishes I left yesterday that I was expecting to do so YEAH!, made dinner (boxed mac and cheese).

I'm mainly working on putting a 125 slide Powerpoint presentation on Excel into a format that I can print as a guide for the class to take home.  Our last day is Monday.  I think I"m down to 35 pages.   I should only need 4 copies. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Slache said:

You people have made me painfully aware of every time I say sucks or crap.

At least you're not cussing anyone out.

Different families have different boundaries. We just have to respect one another in THIS space. Your family is your own (as is mine). 😘

• Like 2

We have gone through the apartment and thrown every large thing in the back of the truck and taken it to the dump. Old toys, old bed frame (from Dancer's old room), old love seat, and anything else that I could find to throw out. The place is still cluttered, but I now have a place to work, for sorting and stuff. A lot of stuff.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, myblessings4 said:

They gave me an extra bacon cheeseburger if you want it.  I saw that they have a Texas bacon cheese double whopper!!!

Sure!  I'm allergic to it, but since I'm not really eating it anyway I'm sure it's delicious.  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I planted my tomatoes today. Our new house has no place for a garden. Too much shade, so, I planted two tomato plants in large pots and put them on the driveway in front of the garage door that houses DH’s non-operative ‘69 Grand Prix. That’s the only place that gets a decent amount of sun.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

You ARE on antibiotics, though, yes?????

Yes ma'am!  I just realized that I'm about to get a visit from my least favorite aunt, and I may be getting some twitchiness from that.  Bah.

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

I planted my tomatoes today. Our new house has no place for a garden. Too much shade, so, I planted two tomato plants in large pots and put them on the driveway in front of the garage door that houses DH’s non-operative ‘69 Grand Prix. That’s the only place that gets a decent amount of sun.

Yay tomatoes!  I can sympathize with your shady, garden-unfriendly yard.  The Celebrity tomatoes you recommended last year were my best plants!  They were in pots on my back deck.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

Morning. My upper back is out, right between the shoulders, and I have 100 pages to read and line edit for emotion today. I expect to add things like "stabbing pain" "despair like a dull ache", and "anger pulled his muscles tight" but I'll try to moderate myself...

Other than that, caffeine, writing, revising, and taking another swing at the synopsis for my sequel again today. Get that to my writing buddies tomorrow maybe and see if it makes reasonable sense and sounds interesting. Because I haven't written that book yet...

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

19 minutes ago, Renai said:

Oohhh, grass....

I know, right?  Our yard is mostly clover (with pretty purple flowers right now), leftover fall leaves, dirt, and wild strawberries.

Angie, what's your recipe for broccoli salad?  I was thinking about making it for Easter Sunday dinner.

• Like 3

Our "yard" is basically a wild flower meadow, aka weeds.  We live on the side of a mountain and it's very very rocky.  Partially shady with pine trees with roots that seem to kill off everything.  We don't bother with grass and ours tends to get much longer than that before it gets mowed.  Some of those weeds, um flowers, grow super fast.

Woke up about 8am after going to bed around midnight.  I can't seem to sleep in anymore.  I need the alarm to wake at 7am at least some of the time but I'm definitely awake by 8am.  I guess I've gotten into a routine.

Run to the science center to feed animals, more laundry, cleaning, setting up classes, setting up school should be about it for today.  I'm looking through my Great Courses list and think I'm going to have both kids watch some math stuff.  Both are struggling a little bit and I think it may help.  Algebra 1 for ds, Fundamentals of Math for dd.  That and/or some Kahn Academy.

• Like 6

Good morning!  

How are you doing today, Jean?

I am not at church.  The family left me here to sleep.  The thunderstorms may be popping up here and there through the day.  I'm planning to make avocado toast for lunch with the naan I got on clearance.  Avocado blended with some lemon juice & salt, tomato slices, and bacon.  If there's a decent lull in the rain we may go for a hike or at least take the basketball to the park court across the street.  I bought a basketball at the AFSA yesterday.  Not sure why. Could be a case of Barkley Bladder Delirium.  

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

I am extraordinarily groggy this morning. Need lots ofmCOFFEE!!!~D

Sunday!!!

CHurch!!!

This afternoon i’m Taking the girls shopping in the Big City for spring/summer stuff. They have been saving their $$ all winter for this trip and are very excited.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I know, right?  Our yard is mostly clover (with pretty purple flowers right now), leftover fall leaves, dirt, and wild strawberries.

Angie, what's your recipe for broccoli salad?  I was thinking about making it for Easter Sunday dinner.

Our yard is dirt. 😞 

38 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

My yard project later this summer will be putting some kind of stone around that bed and around the Dogwood tree.  It's hard to find stone to match our house stone, sort of.  Any ideas?  A contrast would be okay, too.

20190407_084253.jpg

Enrique says use flagstone.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Yes ma'am!  I just realized that I'm about to get a visit from my least favorite aunt, and I may be getting some twitchiness from that.  Bah.

Yay tomatoes!  I can sympathize with your shady, garden-unfriendly yard.  The Celebrity tomatoes you recommended last year were my best plants!  They were in pots on my back deck.

Good girl, for being on antibiotics!!!

I planted Celebrities, too. They are the best tomatoes.  Mine are still little, but they have flowers on them, yay.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

So, up on its side with something behind supporting?  Or something else?  They are quite flat in the pics.

Booya.

I totally misunderstood what you meant when I asked him. I'll have to ask again. Sorry.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

So, up on its side with something behind supporting?  Or something else?  They are quite flat in the pics.

It would probably be easier for me to send him to do it. He's explaining to me how to do it using diagrams!

He says Home Depot sells stones similar to what's on your home, but that is the last thing that gets used. (This conversation includes: ditch, cement, block, waterproofing, stone, other words I pretended to understand (jk)...) The way he's setting it up, it will last longer than your home! So, when do you want him?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Home from church and lunch.  We ate out so oldest could have a nice meal before driving back to college.  

Our front yard has lots of weeds.  Well so does the back.  And they're getting thick and clumpy, so should probably be mowed soon.  Also, we have moles.  And a dog who tries to dig for moles.  

• Like 4

Lunch today is cordon bleu. I split the breast down the middle and stuffed them with proscuitto/swiss rolls, instead of the violent, beat-the-breast method. Plus, I'm lazy. Dh and Gymnast are walking in the river, and I need to decide what we'll have for sides. Plus, I'm working on a book cover on Canva. I'm pretty bad at it, but I'm getting better. 😂

• Like 4

The last load of laundry is in the washer.  All the laundry in the house will be done.  For like, 5 minutes anyway.   

Tomorrow's classes are planned, kids school is set up for the week, I'm eating leftover pasta for dinner, kids are eating other versions of leftover pasta.  I'm ready to settle in with a movie or a book, not sure which.  I want pretty mindless so I'll probably go with a movie.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am here. Took the girls on our semi-annual shopping trip to the Big City. Lunch at In ‘n Out and the girls are all happy with their purchases. I got Easter dresses and sandals for the girls. The only one who got a swimsuit was my Baby. We found one adorable swimsuit at Target. It was the only one of its kind and it happened to be in her size. And it is absolutely adorable.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1