Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Dd is drawing an octopus for my 94 year old mom. I hope that doesn’t freak her out. 

I hate those things. It is my worst nightmare to be swimming and an octopus wraps it's nasty tentacles around me and it's all slimy with those suckers and that big ol' nasty head with those scary eyes.  Ugh. I hate octopuses.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

OK, Ima go now. I probably broke some board rule about too many inane posts all in a row.

But this whole thread...

*shrugs*

We scouted. I unloaded some free samples from DH's work, so that was good.

I need to get so much done tomorrow!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

So, in the assortment of responses, they have a little trophy thing. And I've always used that as "you get a prize" type of response. I'm using my regular computer now and apparently it's "Thank-you". Why do you give a trophy to someone as a "thank you"? I'm still using it as "you get a prize."

I've known and chosen to ignore the ''thanks'' for a while now. In my head, it means, ''you win the internet.''

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

So, in the assortment of responses, they have a little trophy thing. And I've always used that as "you get a prize" type of response. I'm using my regular computer now and apparently it's "Thank-you". Why do you give a trophy to someone as a "thank you"? I'm still using it as "you get a prize."

Me too.  Or thank you.  Or whatever.  We're flexible and open to interpretation.

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Well, I cleaned my kitchen, picked another bouquet of daffodils, scoured Pinterest for more gallery wall ideas. I've had a relatively productive afternoon. I need to make banana bread now.

🏆

3 hours ago, Slache said:

Ahhhh! Willy nilly-ing! Hi! That's me! No. Yes. I have no idea what the Hades is wrong with them.

Two more sleeps!  Then plenty of time in a car with singing children!

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I made banana bread and now I am working on a flyer-invitation to our Neighbor Party Sunday night.

A real party?  Whew.  You are so brave!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

I updated two ages in my signature.  Not sure why they weren't right; their birthdays were in October and December.  

Productivity is a bit low today.  But you say drinking hazelnut coffee counts?  Off to make some decaf.....

This is why my signature has birth years rather than ages; I got tired of updating...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Humph day!  Coffee!  Rain, and lots of it!

Yay for saving the bunk bed!  Yay for being ready for pod packing!

Maize - on the music practice issue - is it more difficult for those who homeschool or more for those who go to school?  (You have some of both, right?)  For a long time, I required my youngest to do music practice first, before school work.  Now, I let her choose when she does it.  For the three who take lessons, "practice" is a block in their school planner.  I don't know if that's helpful.  Or if you were feeling more JAWM.  I have ok-ish EF skills (okay, I struggle a bit with task initiation, lol), but I totally feel the lack when it comes to making up for everyone else's, lol.  

• Like 6

Good morning!

A Very Loud and Bright Thunderstorm woke everyone up this morning.  Too early.  The creek out back is almost up to it's lower bank.  I have to go check the park across the street.  If it's a lake, we're in trouble.

I need to make two phone calls.  I'm taking dd16 to the Big City this morning to see The Crucible.

Maize, as Lynn used to say, it's hard being the frontal lobe for the entire family.

Coffee!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Good morning!  !!  I had a hard time waking up this morning, but I slept about 8 hours.  I want more.

Going to work.  And I need to fold laundry.  

This is going to sound like a stupid question, BUT...I learned to read music as I learned to play instruments.  Dd took a couple years piano lessons, but was little, and a semester of guitar lessons.  Both kids have had me doing basic piano instruction at home.  Dd is self-teaching piano now, but asked me for more instruction in reading music.  How do I do that?  Do I just use the music theory books from piano?  Or what?

Depending on what she knows and what she needs, flash cards might help with note recognition and speedier recall.  

• Like 2

Good morning!  I'm up late, this is getting to be such a habit!

We have the usual suspects today regular lessons, grocery pick up, piano and freezing my butt off tonight at soccer practice.  Don't tell anyone but, we're going to play hokey from church tonight and go to soccer so he can get his uniform, he's so excited for it this year.  I did our taxes last night, we're getting a refund!!

Angi, I use flash cards to help with note reading

Maize, I have my Ds practice right before break or snack, that way he's motivated to do it!!

• Like 5