Menu

Ignore this thread!

Still raining.  Cold, dark rain.  I forgot that dh has off work tomorrow.  I have to mentally prepare.  He and ds23 will probably go on a hike in the morning so that helps.

Dd16 got her official driver's permit in the mail, so now I can apply for her replacement S.S. card so she can get a passport.  Uff-da.  ((OMW!  It's portrait, not landscape.  It looks so weird!))

• Like 5

I am in pjs snuggled in bed and should be reading The Mill on the Floss, but instead I'm looking up September flights to Germany.  It's Imaginary Trip Planning.  This trip is just for dh and I to scope out the country before we bring all the kids along.  After a previously unknown relative leaves us a squillion dollars in their will.  We'll use whatever is left after buying the ITT Island Resort and the ITT Mountain Retreat.

• Like 4

Dh came home from his parents house and didn't want to cook dinner so we went to dinner at Olive Garden and invited my mom.   Then we came home and watched Infinity War.   I'll watch Ant Man and Wasp, and i think I'm caught up.    Not really an issue since I won't see any of the new movies in theaters.

Tomorrow I'm going to the science center to take delivery of a turtle, then two tutoring students and back to the rest of my to-do list.  We're supposed to get some "winter weather" tonight.  I can hear the ice hitting the skylight.

• Like 5

We were massively behind on laundry and today I washed the sheets and towels to get us through until the move. My sheets have been so full of holes for months and I've just been holding out hoping they make it. Now I'm getting purple sheets!

Tomorrow Matt's dropping me and all three kids off at the dentist, leaving us there to go get an oil change, then coming to get us so we can all pack more. We are running out of a few essentials like paper but I am refusing to go shopping!

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Oh no!  Hope it was an isolated thing, not full blown sickness!  💓

He (they) tends to throw up after every potluck. I think someone at church undercooks something and we've never narrowed it down. I think he's fine. I hope. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

WHERE. IS. MY. PASSPORT?!?!?!?!!

:angry:

Try a coat or jacket pocket. DH's was in his coat pocket one time when we were looking all over for it. Don't usually get on this thread but saw your question on the main page so had to suggest it. Hope you find it.

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Happy President’s Day!!! DH actually gets today off for the first time since.... let’s see... since George H.W. Bush was President. We’ll be going to the zoo later in the day.

I have school stuff to get done.😩 I am so behind this semester. I don’t know what is wrong with me. Well, I do know (all the moving and then the carp with DS1) but still, I am not on top of things, there are things I need to get done and I a) can’t find the time to do it; and b) don’t want to. I’ve always hate the administrative part of homeschooling - especially grading papers and stuff like that. Bleh.

• Like 4

Revising and writing today, but my brain is off this morning. Yesterday, I was transposing letters while typing. I do that when I'm tired and writing by hand, but seldom while typing. A minute ago I asked the boys why they didn't feed the chickens the squash I baked for them because it was still in the refrigerator. I used a metal pan, so the color was easy to spot. The boy told me he did. I said, no, it was still in the fridge. He said he did. I looked again. The metal pan and squash I distinctly "saw" where I'd put them yesterday were, in fact, gone. 

My brain is the black box where things go to rot. Either that, or I've gone down a rabbit hole in Wonderland again. Gah!

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, TCB said:

Try a coat or jacket pocket. DH's was in his coat pocket one time when we were looking all over for it. Don't usually get on this thread but saw your question on the main page so had to suggest it. Hope you find it.

20 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Try looking in the side pocket of your suitcase/carryon.

Deep breath.  It will turn up.  It's not an emergency, but as it turns out I need to send either that or my driver's license as proof that I can sign the paper for dd16 to get her replacement S.S. card.  :rolleyes:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

WHERE. IS. MY. PASSPORT?!?!?!?!!

:angry:

*slowly backs away from Laser Glare of Certain Impending Death*  Is it with your jewelry or travel-sized toiletries, by any chance?

We dentisted.

My church fired a minister, and I'm feeling much better, but a lot of people aren't. (Having learned some things about state laws, I'm not going to elaborate.)

DH is slowly getting better.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Slache said:

The kid's dentist cancelled again. They've canceled every appointment I've ever made since John was 2. I guess we'll just pay out of pocket when we get to Texas.

Did they give 24-hours notice?  They do know about your $50/patient appointment cancellation fee, don't they? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Did they give 24-hours notice?  They do know about your $50/patient appointment cancellation fee, don't they? 

That's what Matt said. They cancelled 10 minutes before the appointment. Sometimes they don't even call.  Healthcare costs are astronomical here and it's $450+ for a child's checkup and cleaning. I've tried sliding scale places etc. and it just doesn't work.

• Sad 3