Menu

Ignore this thread!

Hi ladies back from my appointment and the bookstore.  Edpo, I found R&S grammar for younger Ds, an extra student textbook for R&S math, which he'll start next month.  I got the extra textbook because I fully intend to allow him to write in his.  I also found a copy of A History of Us the concise edition book A, I figures we could do that for history next year with a few longer books thrown in, books that I fully expect you guys to help me pick out.  Maybe throw in the Draw the USA book that's been on my Amazon wishlist for a year or so and call it good.  Thoughts?

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

What bookstore did you go to?

Are we still going to jump park and lunch Thursday?

Half price books, the only bookstore I can afford to go to right now, lol.  Yes!  We're still going on Thursday, I'm so looking forward to it!!

Edited by mama25angels
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Slache said:

I just called the police regarding my 74(?) year old friens who has gone missing. I've been calling her for 2 days and she always gets right back to me.

Her car is gone. I think maybe her recent dental surgery didn't go well and maybe she's at her son's higher than a kite.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, mama25angels said:

Hi ladies back from my appointment and the bookstore.  Edpo, I found R&S grammar for younger Ds, an extra student textbook for R&S math, which he'll start next month.  I got the extra textbook because I fully intend to allow him to write in his.  I also found a copy of A History of Us the concise edition book A, I figures we could do that for history next year with a few longer books thrown in, books that I fully expect you guys to help me pick out.  Maybe throw in the Draw the USA book that's been on my Amazon wishlist for a year or so and call it good.  Thoughts?

Sounds good to me.  I've never used History of Us, but my vote is always for what can get done.  For books along side, I'm a big fan of biographies for making connections across time periods and just generally making history feel more real.  I don't know what age your ds is, but for younger kids the Who Was? series has tons of books.  For older kids, books by Albert Marrin are pretty balanced and will often give them more to chew on than typical texts.  Marrin books are lengthier, so maybe only do a couple.  Just my .02.  But how fun to go book shopping!  Yay!  

• Like 3

Someone tell me if this makes sense.  Stoopid insurance won't allow dd's med at the dose the doc says is best for her.  So doc said to take two doses.  Except that the pharmacy doesn't even have pills in the smaller dosage so they gave us the bigger dose that the doc really wants (but told us to cut it in half).  So we do have what we want.  But don't tell the insurance company because stoopid. 

• Confused 3

7 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Someone tell me if this makes sense.  Stoopid insurance won't allow dd's med at the dose the doc says is best for her.  So doc said to take two doses.  Except that the pharmacy doesn't even have pills in the smaller dosage so they gave us the bigger dose that the doc really wants (but told us to cut it in half).  So we do have what we want.  But don't tell the insurance company because stoopid. 

Yes. This is common.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Slache said:

Since I won't be able to help with church secretary stuff this week we stopped by and I knocked it out real quick. Pastor's talking about having me work remotely. And he can't join us for Disney this time, thank goodness. I don't like how he said this time.

You seem to collect people with boundary issues. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Slache said:

Since I won't be able to help with church secretary stuff this week we stopped by and I knocked it out real quick. Pastor's talking about having me work remotely. And he can't join us for Disney this time, thank goodness. I don't like how he said this time.

"Remotely"? As in from Texas?? Or while you're visiting the Mouse??? Uh, no. I don't think so. Does he need a visit from some ITT members to set him straight? Asking for a friend...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Quoting myself to say that this is only going to work until the first time we have to refill the prescription.  Then the insurance company is going to tell us that we can't refill it yet because they actually can count how long it's supposed to last at the approved dosage.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Working remotely is good.  Hope your friend makes a great recovery.  

Should I just leave?  Y'all keep so many secrets from me!

What secrets? I'm not keeping secrets.

4 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

You seem to collect people with boundary issues. 

No, I think that since I'm bad at setting boundaries it's just more apparent in my day to day life. I promise I'm working on it.

1 minute ago, Ellie said:

"Remotely"? As in from Texas?? Or while you're visiting the Mouse??? Uh, no. I don't think so. Does he need a visit from some ITT members to set him straight? Asking for a friend...

I did this week's (24th) and next week's (3rd) I can do from Texas. We could use the money. My two complaints about the job are dealing with an attitude I would no longer be dealing with and the inconvenience of actually going there which I would no longer have to do. The building is old and often very cold or hot, the commute is terrible and since I don't drive we go after my husband gets off work and he is exhausted. Theoretically I could have done my entire job from home this entire time, but he wants someone there to physically make copies and distribute information upstairs. There is no longer anyone to do that except for him and he doesn't want to so he's having his wife do everything but she works full-time and doesn't know how to do what I do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Slache, that sounds like a good deal. How would you get paid?

I would probably do salary and get a quarterly check mailed. I don't make much now and since I won't be there to do all the random things I would get less and would prefer to just get a set amount and not have to track my hours.

• Like 2

We are back from the zoo. I am pickin' cold! It was cold there. And the wind was cold. And my kids were not dressed for it, so being the good mom that I am, I gave my coat to the girls to share and I walked around in just a sweater. Thankfully I had a scarf, which helped with the wind, but I am chilled to the bone. Thank heavens for COFFEE!!!!

And, I am very proud of myself. We went to In 'n Out, my favorite place, and I had a burger "Protein Style", which is without the bun. They wrap it in lettuce. It was fine. Not nearly as good as a regular burger, but still tasty and I was able to maintain my Low Carbness.  I've been doing very well, and I know I feel much better without all those carbs in my system.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm home sitting in my living room but I'm FREEZING. I feel very chilled.  

Went to Bjs today, did some tutoring, took delivery of a turtle. Tomorrow I have my Tech Tuesday as a makeup from last weeks that was cancelled for snow.   I also have to run to the fabric store to get green screen cloth.  I'm giving up on paint because even the best paint is getting all flaky from the kids banging it and stepping on it.   I have a workshop Saturday so I have to do it this week.

20190218_124527.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Dd's dojo is changing their schedule and offering more kick-boxing times and adult TKD.   I'm thinking of starting up kick-boxing again or trying out the TKD.  I'll have to see how it fits in the schedule but either option looks doable.

Go for it!

I've started taking classes at my kids' dojo, I got my yellow belt a couple of weeks ago 🙂

I've been taking dance classes with the kids as well. It's nice to discover that my body isn't quite as unresponsive as it has felt these past few years of being totally out of shape.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I have always wanted a dog that would sit at my feet.  And I now have it and love it.  But I didn't realize how hard it would be to avoid stepping on the dog!

(No dogs have been stepped on in the above scenario.  I am, however, getting good balance training.) 

Good dog!

• Like 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Tuesday!!!

School!!

DH is going to a trade show in Anaheim today and tomorrow. He’s driving down today and coming back tomorrow. At least the weather will be good. Because of all the weather we’ve been having the Grapevine (stretch of I-5 through the “mountains” that connects LA with the Central Valley) has had snow and accidents and road closures, but I think that should be fine now. But there’s no rain forecast until tomorrow night.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!  

Yay for coffee!

Yay for not going to work!  

Yay for going to work!

It's estimated that by the weekend we will have gotten 18" of rain so far in February.  The normal amount for the entire month is 5".  

Coffee!

18”? In February?? Holy Cow. 

• Like 1