Menu

Ignore this thread!

The car people are coming to haul away the car.  I am working on a budget so we can start browsing around town for used cars.  When is our tax refund getting here?

Lisa just called in regards to my non-existent credit card account.  Maybe I should have stayed on the line to talk with her - she might need a recipe for cheese sauce.

I moved all the Eastern Redbud clippings upstairs - poor dh is going nuts with allergies this week.  No wonder he couldn't remember where to put a stamp on an envelope.  :biggrin: The bradford pear out front is budding, which is the first warning of impending allergy misery.  

I practiced my harp and did the glider.  Imma do the glider a bit more and then have a sandwich.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

We need a music-themed food to bring to a pot luck dinner on Sunday.  It can be any part of a meal - main dish, side, salad, bread, dessert, etc.  For instance, someone is bringing Chicken Chord On Blues (chicken cordon bleu).  Someone else is bringing some kind of lettuce salad.  Ideas?

Beans- the musical fruit. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, lanalouwho said:

Me: *Gives explanation of today's math lesson* Okay, do you have any questions before you start the worksheet?

Logan: yeah, I have a question. Do I have to do the whole thing before I can take a break?

My kids question would be: Now how do you do this??

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

EdPo:

We did a science experiment today. Woohoo. I have to turn the thing in as a work sample to our charter teacher. It was awesome. Pictures and everything. The experiment was on how salt changes the density of water. I am very proud of myself as a home-educator this morning. Totally makes up for the entire week of semi-slacking off.😂😂😂👏👏👏

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

We need a music-themed food to bring to a pot luck dinner on Sunday.  It can be any part of a meal - main dish, side, salad, bread, dessert, etc.  For instance, someone is bringing Chicken Chord On Blues (chicken cordon bleu).  Someone else is bringing some kind of lettuce salad.  Ideas?

On top of spaghetti, all covered with cheese...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Wastin’ away again in Margaritaville!!! Lookin’ for my.... lost shaker of salt!!!

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

EdPo:

We did a science experiment today. Woohoo. I have to turn the thing in as a work sample to our charter teacher. It was awesome. Pictures and everything. The experiment was on how salt changes the density of water. I am very proud of myself as a home-educator this morning. Totally makes up for the entire week of semi-slacking off.😂😂😂👏👏👏

OOOO! You should follow that one up with the egg osmosis experiment. 

https://www.scienceworld.ca/resources/activities/naked-eggs-osmosis

https://www.stevespanglerscience.com/lab/experiments/growing-and-shrinking-egg/

https://sciencing.com/egg-osmosis-experiments-distilled-water-salt-water-11910.html

We did it with varying concentrations of Karo.

But first you need to make naked eggs. Make lots, for extras. They're so.much.fun. Try packing one in kosher salt for a week, or so! 🙂

8 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Tomorrow you'll have a nice ice rink for skating and hockey and whatnot.

That's been our driveway all winter. Did I mention that for a while there Lexi was ice skating to our house? Both Nonna's drive (about 1/4 to a 1/2 mile) and ours were total ice sheets. Now they have a layer of snow over the ice.

• Like 4

Phew!  I just shoveled along the road to free up space for my garbage and recycling cans to be put out.  They are doing a special pick up tomorrow. 

Plus I had to free up the storm drain to handle all the water that is now starting to flood (just slightly) because snow runoff didn't have anywhere to go.

Plus I was trying to clear a space for the mail truck to actually reach our mailbox.  We haven't had mail in about four days.  As it was, I didn't beat the mail-lady but I did go out to her truck to get it from her.  Except - and I think this is weird - instead of delivering all of our backlog of mail, they just delivered the mail that was for last Tuesday. 

Now I'm exhausted.  I think that I need some "Great British Baking Show" therapy. 

• Like 5

My girlfriend is off signing divorce papers since her husband finally left her after walking all over her for a decade. I hope he gets an STD and his thing falls off.

Matt's out to lunch with a bajillion coworkers. I'm ill. Stressed? Exhausted. This time next week we should be closing in on Anaheim. The kids are kind of falling apart emotionally so we're telling them about that tonight in an attempt to raise their spirits.

• Like 2

How come there were only four new posts since I was last on here?  It feels like it's been forever.   Where is everybody!!???!

Oldest dd came over and we did her taxes and her FAFSA.   Once we got the FAFSA to let us sign on, it was relatively painless.   Turbo tax charged her because she had student information to add.  Next year we need to just do it through the IRS.   

Part of what I need to do this weekend is continue entering information into Quickbooks for the science center.  We have to send it to our accountant soon.   Too Many Numbers <<willy nilly>>>

• Like 4

I feel the need to explain this because I'm open about our financial struggles. We got tickets on layaway for black Friday for not very much money (in Disney speak) and my dad helped a lot, I think more than half, but we were going without an apartment anyway, we had to pay for a hotel anyway and we were driving right past it. I acknowledge that this looks like the stupidest decision we could possibly make, but I promise it's nowhere near what you're imagining. I just feel like the whole thing looks utterly stupid and I didn't want you to see us that way.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Slache said:

I feel the need to explain this because I'm open about our financial struggles. We got tickets on layaway for black Friday for not very much money (in Disney speak) and my dad helped a lot, I think more than half, but we were going without an apartment anyway, we had to pay for a hotel anyway and we were driving right past it. I acknowledge that this looks like the stupidest decision we could possibly make, but I promise it's nowhere near what you're imagining. I just feel like the whole thing looks utterly stupid and I didn't want you to see us that way.

It's not a stupid decision.  I probably shouldn't have teased you about it.  I know that you agonized over whether to do it or not and I knew that you had help paying for the tickets.  I hope you have a wonderful time!!

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Junie said:

It's not a stupid decision.  I probably shouldn't have teased you about it.  I know that you agonized over whether to do it or not and I knew that you had help paying for the tickets.  I hope you have a wonderful time!!

That wasn't directed at you. We're telling Pastor tomorrow and I'm a little Willy nilly.

Thank you! I plan to gain 10 pounds and be very sore.

• Like 4

Okay, It's after 1am and I'm awake waiting for my snake to realize I put her dinner in her tank so she'll eat it.  It's in the same container its always in, put in the same corner it's always put in, she was already awake and looking for it.  She just can't seem to find it.  I try tapping the tank near it but she notices where I'm standing instead and pays attention there.   Ugh.

Okay, I really stayed up this late finishing my book and then suddenly remembered I had her dinner thawing in the kitchen but still.  The least she could do was hurry up and eat so I can go to bed.

Okay, so I could go to bed without her eating.  She'll eat them when she gets to them and I really don't need to stay up.  I can take the container out in the morning. 

• Like 4

Good morning!  Coffee is ready!

Slachey, listen to Lynn!  Your dad paying at least half can absolutely be called "dad treating us".  Enjoy your time there!  We are so happy you have this opportunity!

Dh and I are going to church to talk with other people about being old and getting older and ds23 is bringing ds14 to his merit badge classes.

Coffee!

• Like 5