Menu

Ignore this thread!

After a 6-hour nap (broken up, so maybe 4 hours of sleep), my headache has been upgraded/downgraded (depending on how you look at it) from a Level 7 to a Level 4.

Anything worse than a Level 3 and I am not quite functional.  Dh came home from work early to take care of things here.  

• Like 4

They've already closed most of the schools in our area.  I go by the school district where my science center is located so I've already closed for tomorrow too.  I live in a deadend neighborhood on a deadend street so it's really hard for me to know what's going on with the streets, so I'd rather just go by the official decisions.  I have students coming from pretty far away too and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

• Like 4

Good morning!

Yay for trash disposal!

I can now sleep through the night without any knee pain!  🎉

I had a tornado dream last night.  We all made it into the closet of the bedroom in my parents' house, but I was annoyed because someone came and removed all the appliances and half the cabinets in my kitchen and were replacing the remaining cabinets with random, mismatched doors. 

It's raining.  It's going to be sunny tomorrow, but then rain for the next 10 days.  No snow.

Coffee!

• Like 6

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Tuesday!!!

The girls are going to my aunt’s house this morning to make Valentines.💕💕 They are going to have to do schoolwork when they come home and I hate being such a hard-nose about it, but they had yesterday off, tomorrow they have Enrichment Academy and they are all just barely at the halfway point in their curriculum. And I don’t want to be doing school all the way till 4th of July!!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Tuesday!!!

The girls are going to my aunt’s house this morning to make Valentines.💕💕 They are going to have to do schoolwork when they come home and I hate being such a hard-nose about it, but they had yesterday off, tomorrow they have Enrichment Academy and they are all just barely at the halfway point in their curriculum. And I don’t want to be doing school all the way till 4th of July!!

That is precisely what my oldest will be doing!  He'll have July off and back to work in August but, we'll only be working 3 days a week.

• Like 1

My Fitbit will now log "steps" taken on my glider exercise thing.  It took a couple days of awkward shuffling, but I think I finally have the hang of it.  My knees feel fine as long as I give my legs a good stretch afterwards.  And now I can resume watching Corner Gas while I exercise.

Exercise Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,
It just goes on and on my friends.
People started posting not knowing what it was,
And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends
You'd best come join it with your friends
'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze
And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there
They'll cheer you up so don't despair
The group is growing well as more people start checking in
And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends
It's better than a Mercedes Benz
It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too
Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on
with record-setting length and fun
It started twenty-four months ago from curiosity
and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...
And the place where one finds special friends,
the kind that have hearts that are strong and true
Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5

I don't know if our weather is as bad as they said or if it was a bust.  We have no plans to leave the house.   Facebook has equal amounts of people saying the roads are fine or they suck.  But the malls are closing early so maybe?

We're doing the books for the science center.  We haven't entered anything since August.  Whoops.

I still keep waking up with that lump in my throat and I feel kind of yucky but I'm pretty sure it's allergies at this point.  Still not fun but better than a cold.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JoJosMom said:

How much are tickets? Will there be snacks?

Tickets are $5. Of course there will be snacks..... rootbeer, COFFEE!!! and lots of chocolate. and pizza. and chicken strips with ranch dip. and taquitos with guacamole. and Ruffles with Lipton onion dip. and margaritas.

And Rocco and the boys will be doing the half-time show.😍😍

• Thanks 4

Ok I am going to insert a rant here against people who think that it is a good idea to drive their small economy cars in 20 inches of unplowed snow. Of course you get stuck!!!  And then because our roads are so narrow with cars parked on both sides of the street, no one else can get by. I had to back up all the way down two streets, out to a road where I could get some traction and then break new trail on untraveled streets just to get back home. I have renewed appreciation for my workhorse Rav4. 

• Like 5