Menu

Ignore this thread!

4 hours ago, Slache said:

I cried when I said goodbye to my foster family. Dad just got a giant van (he's weird) and is letting us use it instead of a budget truck on moving day to load up the kids at the pod place.

I don't know why I said we were putting the kids in the pods. The kids are like the only things that we are not putting in the pods. We are putting our stuff in the pods. The kids are going in the car. Maybe on top if there's no room. Please pray for good weather.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I already have a foot of snow 

Bring it to me!

1 hour ago, Paradox5 said:

My parents live on the side of a mountain in Idaho. The snow has been falling and accumulating off their deck for days. My mom loves snow but says "Enough already!"

I can;t post a picture but to us Texans, it looks pretty. They can keep it, though.

I want 3 feet of snow one weekend a year.

• Like 1

Good Monday Morning!  That seems like an oxymoron.

Three classes and two tutoring students today.

I'm kind of hoping for a snow day tomorrow but really not.  I'm off next week for Presidents day week.  If there's a work-off holiday, I take off the week to keep all my classes on the same schedule except for snow days.  Easier to keep track.

• Like 5

I woke up with a lump in my throat again.  It went away by mid-day yesterday so I'm assuming it will do it again.  I think it's from my throat drying out while sleeping.  I did sleep with a cough drop in my mouth last night.  I do that sometimes, tuck it in my cheek so I won't choke.  It helped a little.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Junie said:

Hi Slashie!!

I'm on the East Coast.  I'm supposed to be awake.

Why are you up?

And stop yelling.  You'll wake up the kids.

Because dog.

I discovered that the reason she's been waking me up at 2 is because she doesn't want to wait until her father wakes up to get a treat. He's been giving her a treat in the morning after she goes pee so she's been getting up earlier and earlier to go out. Guess who's not getting treats in the morning anymore!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

No.  We're hoping here, too.  I wish Jean would share some of hers!  Even an inch would be something to celebrate!

Oh, Jean's sharing, all right. 😒

11 hours ago, Slache said:

Am I the only one hoping for like a foot of snow?

Come to my house. We should have close to a foot and a half by Wednesday. Of new snow. We also have a frozen base of...a lot.

Normally, this would be fine, but the Boo wants to go to a Junior Preview Day at Willamette on the 23rd. I was hoping to take the little car, because it would be easier on her back. But, no, it's looking like the ancient Sequoia with studded tires is gonna be the thing. 🤨

• Like 6

Good morning!  My day is off to a bad start already, the boys are not up and technically, neither am I, I slept horribly last night.  I didn't fill in the planners over the weekend so, I'll need to get that done this morning.  I need to do a store run or grocery order, one of the two because we've been dining out entirely too much , I can't believe how behind I am and I haven't even started yet.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

This morning isn't going great. My wrist is killing me thanks to the weather coming, I forgot my phone, and one of the computers I need for class this afternoon isn't working.

Dh will bring my phone and his computer to me at lunch time but it's still made the morning a little nuttier than it needs to be 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Monday!!😩 but..... it is a holiday. Technically our charter is taking the holiday on Friday, I guess to get a 4-day weekend in there, but I desperately need today off, and the local schools are taking today off and my little girls are dying to play with their friends from the old neighborhood, so, we are taking today off.

No snow here, but it’s frosty out.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

It’s a holiday?  What holiday?  I feel like everyone knows something that I don’t. 

12 minutes ago, JoJosMom said:

Me, too. President's Day is next Monday, and Lincoln's birthday is tomorrow. What's today?

Lincoln’s Birthday. The “official holiday” is next Monday, President’s Day, but schools are taking today off, too.

And this is an official “Hail to the Chief” Booya/h.

Edited by KrissiK
It’s a Booya/h Baby!!!
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Local schools are off here too today - but because of the snowpocalypse.  I have been accused of being draconian by some neighbors because we do school anyway.   😉 

"You do school through the summer? That's not fair!"

"Your kids are so advanced. You're so lucky."

:dry:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I guess I will make lunch  now. Two neighbor girls left, DD1 still has her friend over and another of her friends is coming over this afternoon. The three girls seem to have a good time when the are together, so that's good. And I've even been getting stuff done today. Paid some bills, organized the checkbook and got onto Excel and got my budget under control.  I hate using cash because I have a hard time with receipts. It's so much easier when I have checks and a credit card bill to consult.😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mama25angels said:

Are extended vehicle warranties worth it?

It's going to depend on the cost of the vehicle, the cost of the warranty, and the likelihood/cost of repairs. We bought an extended warranty on the Kia (purchased 2 years ago), because the cost of a computer failure would be horrendous, but a fraction of the warranty.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

I have only bought one once and it was worth it.  It was for a used (year or two year old car) car.  That was years ago, so I don't know if they're worth it anymore.   I would never FINANCE a warranty, though.  Who's getting a new car?

No one, the warranty on ours is nearly up and they wanted us to extend it at $200 initial payment and $149 for 24 months.  I had to tell my Dh no because we could just set that money aside and fix the problem as it arises and not have a monthly bill and $100 deductible.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

No one, the warranty on ours is nearly up and they wanted us to extend it at $200 initial payment and $149 for 24 months.  I had to tell my Dh no because we could just set that money aside and fix the problem as it arises and not have a monthly bill and $100 deductible.

Holy cow! Definitely run from that!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Problem:

I need to have 2 mattresses and 3 sets of bedding delivered to San Antonio, along with like a shower curtain and other things. We cannot have them delivered to the apartment until we get there but don't want to sleep on the floor while we wait for them to get there. I am not willing to drive 4 hours round trip to pick them up from those of you in this thread that are semilocal after 10 hours in the car that day. Amazon lockers only hold items for 3 days before returning them. What's the solution? I will not buy mattresses locally because it will cost significantly more.

Eta: Okay, I think we're going to pay for a month of prime because Angi told me about a thing where you can pick your delivery date with Prime. I can have things delivered the day before into a locker and just pick them up at my convenience.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 3