• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

42 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I have leftover turkey and a cranberry/apple/orange fresh salad....but they were cooked in a kitchen with gluten exposure. I didn't use my special dishes/spoons.

The shrimp fajitas leftovers are gone, sorry. 🙂

Make more!

41 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I can bring earplugs too. I buy them in sets of 50 pairs. 🙂 

It is just ridiculous. I think today is the fourth day. We don't know if it's malfunctioning or a prank but it's always just after 5. It's blaring to us but it's not our building so all of the occupants of that building are outside freezing while they wait for the fire department because they don't want to go deaf. Today it took the fire department like 15 minutes to get here today.

My sweet baby huggabunch is sleeping over at a friend's house for the first time. Please pass the bunny slippers, smelling salts, willy nilly guy, and the Do Not Panic button.

Friend's mom is a very responsible mama.

I am a very brave hawk.

The cat is gloating. 😸

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I decided to run out to Michael's today for my planner stuff because dh decided to order pizza for dinner and I'm not a huge fan of pizza, so I could pick up something else for me when I ran to Michaels.  I thought about going to the local vegetarian/chinese food place, but then was heading to Michael's and there's a Panera in the parking lot.  After looking at the veggie/chinese and Panera menus, I suddenly realized there's also an Applebees in that parking lot and I love their oriental sesame chicken salad.  And I've been craving onion rings since we drove through Wendys for lunch on the way home from in-laws and Wendy's DOESN'T HAVE ONION RINGS!?!?!  Can you imagine that?   So I ordered car side pickup from Applebees, ate my onion rings and I'm full.  But the good thing about that salad is it still tastes yummy the second day.  I almost never finish it in one sitting so have it for lunch the next day.

I ordered my planner stuff from Amazon because Michael's didn't have anything in the Classic size in stock.

That was probably way more information about my dinner struggle than y'all needed to know.

I'm going to take a nice warm shower now.

• Like 9

I am back. We are going to crash at the "old" house for a while. Busy day. Talked with the therapist (blew his mind, he thought I was just a middle-aged, middle-class mom who was having a little trouble with her teenager. I showed him!!!) Picked up closing docs at the Title Company, went to the City Utilities and got trash and water transferred to our name, called Xfinity and had internet service transferred, had duplicate keys made, did a little moving. We moved the homeschool cubbies (uh oh, EdPo) and that's all nice and neat now. 

iTired.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

We're back home from the in-laws.  I feel like I should get a jump on my to-do list since it's still early, but I'm happy just sitting here with a cup of tea.

Tomorrow I have to run out to Michaels for some refills for my Happy Planner, and to the library.  My library actually has the anxiety book I was going to order from Amazon.  I figure I"ll check it out first then if it seems really helpful, I can buy it.   

Which Happy Planner do you use?

24 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

I decided to run out to Michael's today for my planner stuff because dh decided to order pizza for dinner and I'm not a huge fan of pizza, so I could pick up something else for me when I ran to Michaels.  I thought about going to the local vegetarian/chinese food place, but then was heading to Michael's and there's a Panera in the parking lot.  After looking at the veggie/chinese and Panera menus, I suddenly realized there's also an Applebees in that parking lot and I love their oriental sesame chicken salad.  And I've been craving onion rings since we drove through Wendys for lunch on the way home from in-laws and Wendy's DOESN'T HAVE ONION RINGS!?!?!  Can you imagine that?   So I ordered car side pickup from Applebees, ate my onion rings and I'm full.  But the good thing about that salad is it still tastes yummy the second day.  I almost never finish it in one sitting so have it for lunch the next day.

I ordered my planner stuff from Amazon because Michael's didn't have anything in the Classic size in stock.

That was probably way more information about my dinner struggle than y'all needed to know.

I'm going to take a nice warm shower now.

Well, now I want Panera. Their mac and cheese is to die for. As is their cheddar/broccoli soup. I also want onion rings. I love onion rings.

We are having chicken tetrazzini for dinner. I will be cooking for the first time all week. lol.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Write like the wind, Critter! 

Now you have that song in my head.

"It is night! My body's weak. I'm on the run. No time to sleep. I've got to ride, ride like the wind...…."  Except I am substituting "Write like the wind" for "Ride like the wind". 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

"It is night! My body's weak. I'm on the run. No time to sleep. I've got to ride, ride like the wind...…."  Except I am substituting "Write like the wind" for "Ride like the wind". 

When I was in high school we would sing that song, except that on the radio it always sounded like, "It is night! My fart is weak!" and so that's how we sang it.  It was hilarious!😂

Points for quoting myself.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

33 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

Which Happy Planner do you use?

The classic size from me & my BIG ideas.  I've been using it for about 6 months now and I really like it.  There's enough room to write things without it being obnoxiously big.  I use page per day so I only have 3-4 months in it at a time, but a monthly spread on the months after that so I can still keep track of things.

28 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Well, now I want Panera. Their mac and cheese is to die for. As is their cheddar/broccoli soup. I also want onion rings. I love onion rings.

We are having chicken tetrazzini for dinner. I will be cooking for the first time all week. lol.

I LOVE the broccoli cheddar soup in a bread bowl.  I did almost get that, but I really needed onion rings.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

Are you going to stick with your TN?  I've been thinking about getting one but, I really want to see if I can use my planner for the whole year before buying something else.

I've been playing with it all day and have decided not to. I use publisher to print little booklets like a mom and teacher tracking thing and a habit thing and those don't fit in it. What I really wanted was a Leuchtturm1917* with a $90 case that I adore and about $30 in inserts making it an A5 traveler's notebook. The expensive parts are a one time purchase and I don't feel guilty spending the money but we haven't had it to spend since I picked it out. I think I'm going to buy my Leuchtturm1917 and glue pockets in it so I can combine my 2 notebooks and clipboard. Simplification!

*My fave is an A5 (standard) dotted notebook. The exciting part is that they have a pre-made index and the pages are numbered! Again, simplification. It's my thing. I was a fool not to swallow my mistake and just buy one last December.

• Like 1

More Bullet Journal opinions.

So, I've had an A4 (skinny) and it was fine but doesn't fit my booklets which are a new thing, and a large which was really cool, but lived at home because it was so big which was inconvenient. A5 is perfect but I love the multi-book concept so I want the stupid $90 case.

I had a difficult time knowing what went in the journal and what went elsewhere. I decided everything went where it made the most sense and then I never had to question where it was. My calendar is on my phone because we have a synced calendar. My fitness, activity, sleep, nutrition and menstrual tracking are all on my fitbit app because it goes there. Habit tracking, goal tracking, finances, and innumerous lists are in my bullet Journal because that's where lists go. My school planner is a small insert because I track stuff in drive. I haz a system. Sort of. It makes sense to me and that's all that matters. My bullet journal is utilitarian, not pretty.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

That is, in a sense, the writing life. 😂Only there ought to be something about fueled by caffeine and leftovers, because there's no time to cook.

• Like 4

I has writed all the things. Now I'm going to take my shower, and curl up with a garden catalog and pretend I have time to flit from my writing desk in my perfect Beatrix Potter house to my perfect Beatrix Potter garden. In reality, I'd be running from my beat-up, scratched-up desk with the tea rings and cough-drop wrappers on it to do battle with the squirrels robbing us blind in the sunflower seed department. Redneck writer.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Home again, home again, jiggety jig!

(we made better time coming home than on the way out, despite stopping 7 times vs. the 3 times on the way there. 🏆)

Hope your crew gets to feeling better soon. If it's anything like the super-cold I have, it's awful. 🤧🤒🤢

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I've been doing something fun every Thursday this December. I offer three first chapter critiques to writers, but there's a catch. They have to pitch me the story (because that's a good skill to practice) and the critique is only for positive things. No negative remarks. Only what the writer did well and why. I can't take credit for the idea (an editor came up with it and it took off). Sure is fun, though. Been thinking about how to implement this in writing this spring. It's completely different from looking for areas that need work. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

The classic size from me & my BIG ideas.  I've been using it for about 6 months now and I really like it.  There's enough room to write things without it being obnoxiously big.  I use page per day so I only have 3-4 months in it at a time, but a monthly spread on the months after that so I can still keep track of things.

I LOVE the broccoli cheddar soup in a bread bowl.  I did almost get that, but I really needed onion rings.

I mean are you using Supermom or Trendsetter, etc... or are you using one of the extension packs?  I'm using the faith edition planner but, I have the budget extension pack, the wellness extension pack (which I adore) and the monthly extension pack (because I just wanted to try it out).  I've fallen into the planner deep end in a bad way, lol.

27 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Hope your crew gets to feeling better soon. If it's anything like the super-cold I have, it's awful. 🤧🤒🤢

Have you had a sore throat, beyond coughing-soreness?  Some People are worried they have strep.  I don't *think* it's strep, but I will probably take someone in tomorrow to check just in case.  Dd12 has had strep that didn't cause a very high fever and she was feeling bad, but not bad like I remember with strep.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Have you had a sore throat, beyond coughing-soreness?  Some People are worried they have strep.  I don't *think* it's strep, but I will probably take someone in tomorrow to check just in case.  Dd12 has had strep that didn't cause a very high fever and she was feeling bad, but not bad like I remember with strep.

Sore throat that felt scalded for two days. Congestion that would not let go. Coughing so hard my ribs hurt. On and off low grade fever. Face hurt from sinus pressure everywhere. Then I lost my voice Saturday and here it will be Saturday again and I still sound dreadful. 

Worst part is a toss-up between not being able to breathe and not being able to sleep because coughing yourself awake.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Sore throat that felt scalded for two days. Congestion that would not let go. Coughing so hard my ribs hurt. On and off low grade fever. Face hurt from sinus pressure everywhere. Then I lost my voice Saturday and here it will be Saturday again and I still sound dreadful. 

Worst part is a toss-up between not being able to breathe and not being able to sleep because coughing yourself awake.

Ugh.

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I have a good cheddar/broccoli Panera interpretation recipe for the instant pot. Did I get it here? IDK, but we eat it weekly. I shred my carrots in the food processor to make it, and use Costco’s frozen broccoli. No flour, so it’s GF...but yes to cream and cheese.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

Those look nice and affordable!

I think I'm going to get one. I've wanted one for 2 years but could never find them for under $90. These are 1/2" too tall and 1/2" too wide so I kind of stumbled on them. I'm not going to complain about the size if I can get one for $25!

It's a spoiled Slache sooya!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Slache said:

I think I'm going to get one. I've wanted one for 2 years but could never find them for under $90. These are 1/2" too tall and 1/2" too wide so I kind of stumbled on them. I'm not going to complain about the size if I can get one for $25!

I know what you mean!  Check etsy and see if you can get some custom inserts for a reasonable price.

• Like 1

Seriously?  It is 11:35 pm and our phones (including ones put on Do Not Disturb by sleeping family members) all started beeping furiously.  Apparently 9-1-1 is down statewide.  Which I realize is a problem if you need it but it seems weird to wake people up from sleep to tell them about it.  (I was not asleep since I forgot to drink my bone broth earlier and am doing it now.)

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Seriously?  It is 11:35 pm and our phones (including ones put on Do Not Disturb by sleeping family members) all started beeping furiously.  Apparently 9-1-1 is down statewide.  Which I realize is a problem if you need it but it seems weird to wake people up from sleep to tell them about it.  (I was not asleep since I forgot to drink my bone broth earlier and am doing it now.)

Same here. Mine just lid up though.

• Like 2

Good Morning!  COFFEE!!!  Swim! 

Slache, yay for cheaper planners, but I'm getting lost in your on again, off again relationship with your vacuum cleaner.  😂

Susan, yay for getting home.  Hope everyone feels better soon!

Krissi, yay for cooking.  I mean, yay for YOUR cooking (not mine, lol).  Comfort in familiar things and all that.  And Yay for moving school bins.  Move your kitchen next and you're golden! 

Toto, yay for onion rings!!!

• Like 5

Good morning!

Slache, would you mind sending me a picture of how you have your trackers in your bujo?  I'm trying to get ideas on setting mine up.

Angi, enjoy your day at work!!

Susan, glad your home safe and sound, hope you guys feel better soon!

Ladies, I got some news that threw me for a loop last night, everyone is still alive but, I do need some big prayers and positive thoughts.

• Like 6