Menu

Ignore this thread!

You don't know the power of the Aussie....Bwahahahaha.

Seriously, I hope she stays a Rottie for Jean, because I have an Aussie, and she'll still be bouncing when she's fifteen.

The first day I got Rocky, he was literally bouncing off the walls for hours and hours.  This never stopped really.  Even at 14, he would quiver at the effort of sitting quietly for me.  Juliet is busy and has lots of energy but there is no comparison between her and Rocky. 

I'm trying to figure out why they think that she is part Aussie. 

• Like 2

I am Back!! Good visit at the dermatologist. No henky moles. And she always admires her handiwork when she looks at my melanoma excision. The scar is barely noticeable and she took out a huge chunk of my leg.

Jeannie, that puppie is positively adorable. What a little sweetie. We had a Rottweiler mix when I was growing up. Best dog evah!!

Prairie, I vote for what would serve you best.

• Like 5

I added some mineral stuff to my flower patches. Hopefully the rain will soak it into the soil. There are a bunch of green bulby things coming up, including what I think is a giant purple Allium. Most of the peonies have disappeared. There is still one dead-looking clump over there, but I don't know what happened to the others.

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2

The first day I got Rocky, he was literally bouncing off the walls for hours and hours.  This never stopped really.  Even at 14, he would quiver at the effort of sitting quietly for me.  Juliet is busy and has lots of energy but there is no comparison between her and Rocky. 

I'm trying to figure out why they think that she is part Aussie. 

Sometimes shelters/rescues see in the dogs what they think prospective families want to see (i.e., obvious pit mixes are billed as "lab" mixes.) Maybe they were trying to counteract the Rotti (mis)perceptions?

ETA: Her face does have the look, though.

ETA again: Evwy time I wook, I wanna smooch dat noz! :001_wub:

Edited by JoJosMom
  • Like 4

Sometimes shelters/rescues see in the dogs what they think prospective families want to see (i.e., obvious pit mixes are billed as "lab" mixes.) Maybe they were trying to counteract the Rotti (mis)perceptions?

ETA: Her face does have the look, though.

ETA again: Evwy time I wook, I wanna smooch dat noz! :001_wub:

Her face isn't as square as most Rotti's I know.  She's napping now near where I am.  She's so stinkin' cute.  At first she would get up whenever I did to make sure that I wasn't going too far away but now she's securely asleep. 

• Like 3

Her face isn't as square as most Rotti's I know. She's napping now near where I am. She's so stinkin' cute. At first she would get up whenever I did to make sure that I wasn't going too far away but now she's securely asleep.

Our rott was mixed with some Doberman and German Shepherd. She wasn’t nearly as squat and chunky as most rotts. Her head was more narrow. Her coloring was all Rottweiler, though. And she had the sweetest disposition. She loved cats and would regularly be seen curled up with the cat on a frosty morning. Her name was Dixie and we loved her.
  • Like 5

Dad update: (Dad is ok...)

Wednesday morning, Dad took a drastic turn for the worst. He had been horribly agitated and aggressive Tuesday night and Mom's presence was making it worse, so she came home to sleep a bit. She was at the hospital by 7 and as soon as she saw him, she demanded a CT Scan. I got up there about 10:00 and he looked AWFUL. His breathing was horrible. I can't even think about it or I'm bawling. 
Anyway, within 30 minutes of having the results, Dad was whisked away for surgery. They had to remove part of the skull to relieve the swelling. It literally went from "The possibility of surgery is high" and mom saying "Call your sister" to me walking back into the room and seeing the neurosurgeon telling mom what we had to do. 
Before I walked in,  it was this conversation: 
DR: We need to take your husband back for surgery to relieve the pressure. 
Mom: Can I call my pastor? 
DR: There's not time. 
Mom: Can I call my daughters?
DR: There's NOT TIME. It's NOW or he WILL die. 

I have never been so terrified in my life. He came out of surgery and is more alert and responsive than he was before the surgery. I'm still hesitant to leave his side, though he looks a million times better than he did on Wednesday morning. 

The crazy thing is that the doctor who has been the one in charge of all of this actually felt so confident in Dad's recovery that he went to DC for a presentation that he had scheduled. He called to check on dad and was shocked with the events of the day. He ended up having the nurse find mom and he talked to mom for a very long time. He said that surgery this "late in the game" with an injury like this is extremely rare and that the only thing he can think of is that Dad had a series of small strokes and that caused more issues. The dr flew back this afternoon and said he would be at the hospital immediately to go over the files. 

It's going to be a very long road and I'm here for at least another week. 

Edited by Southern Ivy
  • Like 8

Dad update: (Dad is ok...)

Wednesday morning, Dad took a drastic turn for the worst. He had been horribly agitated and aggressive Tuesday night and Mom's presence was making it worse, so she came home to sleep a bit. She was at the hospital by 7 and as soon as she saw him, she demanded a CT Scan. I got up there about 10:00 and he looked AWFUL. His breathing was horrible. I can't even think about it or I'm bawling.

Anyway, within 30 minutes of having the results, Dad was whisked away for surgery. They had to remove part of the skull to relieve the swelling. It literally went from "The possibility of surgery is high" and mom saying "Call your sister" to me walking back into the room and seeing the neurosurgeon telling mom what we had to do.

Before I walked in, it was this conversation:

DR: We need to take your husband back for surgery to relieve the pressure.

Mom: Can I call my pastor?

DR: There's not time.

Mom: Can I call my daughters?

DR: There's NOT TIME. It's NOW or he WILL die.

I have never been so terrified in my life. He came out of surgery and is more alert and responsive than he was before the surgery. I'm still hesitant to leave his side, though he looks a million times better than he did on Wednesday morning.

The crazy thing is that the doctor who has been the one in charge of all of this actually felt so confident in Dad's recovery that he went to DC for a presentation that he had scheduled. He called to check on dad and was shocked with the events of the day. He ended up having the nurse find mom and he talked to mom for a very long time. He said that surgery this "late in the game" with an injury like this is extremely rare and that the only thing he can think of is that Dad had a series of small strokes and that caused more issues. The dr flew back this afternoon and said he would be at the hospital immediately to go over the files.

It's going to be a very long road and I'm here for at least another week.

I’m so glad they got him into surgery in time! Good for your mom pushing for the doctor’s attention.

:grouphug: May he continue to recover. :grouphug:

• Like 5

Thank you all. He's not out of the woods yet, but I'm hopeful. 

Newest update that we just posted:

Dad had an MRI today. It did show that he had 2 small strokes since Monday. The two small clots are in the right side of his brain and embedded. They will not move and will not grow. 
Dad is responding well to movement. He continues to be sedated and may continue being sedated until tomorrow. He will definitely come out of sedation tomorrow.

He has pneumonia infection in his left lung which is being treated with antibiotics. The nurse began nutrition via his IV this afternoon.

Our prayer is that he will not be agitated when he is awake tomorrow. Please, please pray!!

• Like 7

The person who is replacing me said she knows how to type and use the programs. She does not know how to type or use the programs. She told Pastor she will work on Tuesdays and told me she will not because she is going to have to have her new husband there to do everything so she does't have to get out of her chair because she has bad knees. She is the church gossip and as secretary she will have access to everything. Do you want to know how much money each member tithes? Or how about who asks the church for money and how much they get? Because I have access to that. I told him not to hire her. I told him. At least we're moving when she takes over.

• Like 4

The person who is replacing me said she knows how to type and use the programs. She does not know how to type or use the programs. She told Pastor she will work on Tuesdays and told me she will not because she is going to have to have her new husband there to do everything so she does't have to get out of her chair because she has bad knees. She is the church gossip and as secretary she will have access to everything. Do you want to know how much money each member tithes? Or how about who asks the church for money and how much they get? Because I have access to that. I told him not to hire her. I told him. At least we're moving when she takes over.

:svengo:

• Like 4