Menu

Ignore this thread!

31 days and I am still fat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you taking body measurements?  Remember, muscle is denser than flab, so you could be losing inches and not losing much weight.

• Like 1

Maize, DH installed an app called AppLock on DD's phone. The app can be used to lock down specific things, and to temporarily unlock (for one-time use) or remove the lock on specific things. DH says to be sure to lock the play store, and don't let anyone watch you unlock anything by password, pattern, whatever you set. He also says wipe your fingerprints off the screen before handing it back.

DD has, for the most part, earned her way into having full access again, but the app is there ready and waiting should we decide it is needed again.

Thank you!

• Like 1

:seeya:

I didn't sleep well last night, so I didn't get up until 11.  Then I still took my afternoon nap.

Dh bought me roses and chocolate for Valentine's.   :001_wub:

And then he helped me make dinner.  I made pasta and he made fried zucchini.  The zucchini was sooooo good.

I'm hoping to sleep better tonight, because I can't keep sleeping until 11...

Edited by Junie
  • Like 7

I didn't sleep well last night, so I didn't get up until 11. Then I still took my afternoon nap.

Dh bought be roses and chocolate for Valentine's. :001_wub:

And then he helped me make dinner. I made pasta and he made fried zucchini. The zucchini was sooooo good.

I'm hoping to sleep better tonight, because I can't keep sleeping until 11...

Sounds like Mr. Junie done good!!

I hope you sleep well, too!!

• Like 2

I have lost six pounds in those 31 days. I’m still fat.

Six pounds is awesome!  

We’re looking at puppies.

:svengo:

Cute ones. A 2 month old Australian shepherd/ Rottweiler mix.

Oh, aussies are SO cute!  We will need pictures!  Stat!  With a cute-po warning!  

• Like 2

The morning weather report predicted the afternoon temp might reach 81 degrees.  Granted, that's for Houston proper and our temps will be a little cooler.  Still, that means upper 70s for us are likely today.  I am wearing crops today.  And leaving my feet bare until I have to leave the house.

Cat-po:  I let her sleep without the booties on last night.  I made her stay in this morning until she finished ALL of her last dose of antibiotic, and have now let her go outside.  It is amazing how stressing a fussed cat can make a household!  Maybe we can all sleep without her deliberately waking us up now.

Sounds like DD16 is tromping away on the treadmill upstairs (yay!).  She says some YouTube dude she likes has inspired her to get into better shape.  Okay, I'll gripe less about all her talk about him if she is actually getting tangible benefits....

• Like 5

31 days and I am still fat.

Me, too

Me too.

Oh, wait, I didn't walk....

Oh, yeah. What Lynn said.

FTFY.  

But wait! It was Ducky for the win, with her reminder of AWESOMENESS. You rocketh, Jean!

We’re looking at puppies.

Jealous! Need help shopping?

Cute ones. A 2 month old Australian shepherd/ Rottweiler mix.

Duh. That's sorta definitional.

• Like 6

Mandatory afternoon naps Slache and Junie and any and all who didn't sleep well last night. Including me. Caffeine.

I sent three query letters out this morning.

I have 2000+ words to write.

Art today.

Must finish a book that has to go back to the library this Saturday. Actually, I ought to finish it today and get going on my book for O--a collection of short stories about my favorite mountains.

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Friday Eve!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

8:15 Dermatologist appt. in the Big City!!😩😩 (i’m Just a little worried is all!! I truly love my dermatologist)

((Slashie)) I hope maybe you can get a nap in today!!

Junie - yay for sleep. Boo for headache.

AMJ - 81 degrees is bordering on too warm!! Especially for February.

Jeannie - yay for cute puppies!!

Renai- your music didn’t show up for me.

JJM - be strong.

Critter -let me get this straight, you are reading books that the titles go by the letters of the alphabet??

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5

Good Morning!

I slept pretty well last night.   :hurray:

However, I woke up with a headache.   :glare:

Today is going to be a bit crazy.

I think I'm going to plan something easy-peasy -- hot dogs, maybe -- for dinner.  

Liked for good sleep and planning easy-peasy.   :grouphug:  for the headache.

DH won't be joining us for dinner this evening.  The girls and I might go eat Mongolian grill for supper, after Aikido.  That way I can focus on school and Dad today, and cross meal prep off the list for the day.

• Like 3

14yo dd has a bad headache.  She called it a migraine, but it's not.  (Don't tell her I said so, but I don't think she knows what a migraine is.)  Anyway, I think it's congestion.  So, she took a decongestant and a shower and fell back asleep.  Dh didn't sleep well, so he's back asleep.  It's really quiet here this morning!  

• Like 1

That's In The Mood, you heathen! Glenn Miller rocks! Or jazzes! Or something!

When I was younger I liked swing dancing, but never got to do much of it.  Now my knees and ankles won't cooperate anymore.

My grandfather used to play with Russ Henniger's orchestra, traveling around SD and surrounding parts, until he settled down as a newspaper printer to support a growing family.  He would still play in the town band, putting on free performances at the town's band shell in the summer.  When we visited him we would go listen to the band play.  Lots of fun!

• Like 3

JJM, it's not my fault NBC used a chicken to sing that song as a sign on every morning. It's stuck. And I will always hear a chicken singing it (though a bit slower). It's just the first part it sung.

You aren't the only one who has that version stuck in their heads!

Just sayin':  Searching Google for "NBC chicken in the mood" at this time of year gets many OTHER results....

• Like 5

14yo dd has a bad headache.  She called it a migraine, but it's not.  (Don't tell her I said so, but I don't think she knows what a migraine is.)  Anyway, I think it's congestion.  So, she took a decongestant and a shower and fell back asleep.  Dh didn't sleep well, so he's back asleep.  It's really quiet here this morning!  

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Hugs for all headaches booya(h)!  (said quietly, in deference to the heads)

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 4

I just scheduled a dentist appointment at a practice that I don't really like.  I would love to take her to her usual dentist, but he doesn't do sedation.

We took dd7 there last year to have some teeth filled.  The consult was fine.  Then when we made the appointment, we had to have another dentist in the practice because the one who just did the consult told us it was her last day before she went back to school.  Grr.

We prepared for the sedation.  Dh took off work because I was afraid I would not be able to carry a sedated dd7.  The dentist looked in her mouth and said that he wouldn't do the work because he didn't think it was bad enough.  Grr.

And then they still charged us for the visit.  Grr.

I have a feeling I was a bit unpleasant to the poor woman on the other end of the phone.  :(