Menu

Ignore this thread!

First call is to JJM and extreme firepower.

There is a hotline listed on the sight that you can call during business hours and that might help. Maybe. Dh said that usually if he went through the process to reset his password, he could get in. Are you still on your phone? I don't think that should matter, but we are talking about fafsa, so you never know. I also remember having issues with needing to have all different email addresses for all involved parties, and possibly different parent emails for each student? That's probably not an issue for you (yet).

(((Jean))) I am sending them my most potent Laser Glare of Certain Impending Death.

I used dh’s computer. But it had been locking me out of my computer previously anyway.

• Like 1

Glad they got it quick. Did they suggest anything you can do to keep it from coming back so frequently?

Join a convent.😂😂😂

Which, on some days sounds extremely appealing!!! Especially if it were in the mountains of France or northern Italy somewhere.

• Like 5

Wow, this is the second time in like a week that I've seen someone refer to primary school as early elementary school (this time someone over on the K-8 board). I don't think I'd ever seen someone use it like that before this week. In my experience, primary is Pre-K through 6th, secondary is 7th-12th, and tertiary is w/e education you do after high school. I mean, I don't think anybody is referring to mid-upper elementary as "secondary", are they? Confused. I'm also out of it because I didn't get enough sleep.

That is bizarre. Primary: K-7/8 depending on the system, Secondary: 8/9-12/13 depending on the system. Tertiary: University or technical level.

Oh my goodness, Slache! That kind of makes me wish I had balls, so I could donate one! 😂

And here my guy got his snipped. I wonder how much they'd give for a vasectomized one.

Dd19 passed out in her 8am class this morning. :svengo: She said she hadn't had anything to eat or drink and her professor starting talking about the time he cut his wrist and there was blood...

:crying:  I hope you gave her ice cream.

Why?

Why what? I can't remember why I quoted this one.

Yes. According to Wikipedia that makes him a Muslim.

Wiki: Jethro was a Druze priest.

Wiki: Druze is part of Islam.

Two different pages.

This is some idiot who wants to "prove" to the world that using "logic" he can justify the primacy of his religion.  :001_rolleyes:  And all the founding fathers were 100% Christian or mostly atheist, depending on which one you were. And also the Indians invented everything... or was it Egyptians... or what is Greek... or was it white people... you get the idea. That's the motivation behind silly edits like this.

Druze are not, to my understanding, Muslim, any more than Bahai are Muslim, though both sects sort of branched off from there.

Join a convent.😂😂😂

Which, on some days sounds extremely appealing!!! Especially if it were in the mountains of France or northern Italy somewhere.

I think I would have made an absolutely fabulous nun or better yet, sacrificial virgin. Unfortunately, they didn't have those when I was 12 so I had to complete Middle School with much less ceremony surrounding my sense of self-importance and drama, and eventually ended up, in spite of my dreams of sacrificing myself for the greater good, here, in a suburb waiting for pizza to get delivered.

:001_tt2:

Edited by Tsuga
  • Like 8

The turtle was mad at me, but he got through his chapter reading without much problem. I didn't like it when I was young either, but reading aloud frequently has been helpful to me as a writer. So there.

Reading aloud adds other dimensions and doesn't let your brain cheat its way through tough pronunciations (you have to choose something).  It is also a way to discover more of the music in the writing, and figure out expression.  I need to get back to reading aloud.  It's wonderful, and a form of meditation.

• Like 3

I like to listen to the news while doing stuff - chores, laundry, etc.

When I was in college I started setting my alarm to play NPR morning news and I think their calm voices helped me wake up better than anything else. Sleeping sleeping is someone talking what are they saying dow jones is up opec is meeting oh look it's morning. News doesn't give me anxiety or worry though. Dh avoids news and only checks it on weekends because it tends to stress him out.

Strangely enough, we rarely listen to music unless it's something we specifically want or need to hear (or are playing it ourselves).

• Like 2

Our furnace is dead. I think I smelled it dying last night. We have another one but I don't think it can keep up with the whole house. Someone's supposed to come out today, but then we'll have to pay him. 

Edited by Paige
  • Like 2

I have washed and sorted 6 huge totes of outgrown girl clothes. I only have 13 more to go!  :svengo: I've put it off for about 10 yrs and it keeps accumulating but it's so much work. I can't haul it to Goodwill because the thought of breaking up my matching and coordinating twin clothes breaks my heart. And DH wants me to sell them which was sort of the deal and how I justified buying super cute pricey clothes. 

But the mountain of 3-6mos alone is staggering. 

• Like 3

No, like into your FB status. It's based completely off of your phone.

I got I am a totally

And when I kept going using suggestions I got this:

I am a totally incompetent parent to have such a non compliant kid And the older kids had flown the co-op bank of America Merrill lynch,

So...

I do have some rather non compliant kids but I don't equate compliant kids with competent parenting and I rather value a certain degree of non compliance so I think my phone does not know me well.

And bank of America Merril lynch would be a lousy merger name.

• Like 5

I have washed and sorted 6 huge totes of outgrown girl clothes. I only have 13 more to go! :svengo: I've put it off for about 10 yrs and it keeps accumulating but it's so much work. I can't haul it to Goodwill because the thought of breaking up my matching and coordinating twin clothes breaks my heart. And DH wants me to sell them which was sort of the deal and how I justified buying super cute pricey clothes.

But the mountain of 3-6mos alone is staggering.

Sale them in lots--baby clothes, toddler clothes, etc.

Do you have a local parents of multiples Facebook group or some such?

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Saturday!!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Slept in late!!!!🛌🛌🛌ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Cats are fussing over food bowls. I gave Chester his own food bowl yesterday and now he thinks he belongs. He’s Growling at this big white and orange Tom we’ve been seeing recently. ðŸ±ðŸ±

No real plans for today. Maybe do a litttle yard work and a little housework. Of course we gotta go to the Afsa to get groceries and stuff for tomorrow’s game. I have no idea what i’m Going to do with myself on Sunday afternoons after tomorrow until September.

• Like 3

You get the decide that for yourself. ;). But as an educator, I believe that some of life’s important questions and issues can be disturbing but yet have immense value in grappling with.

You are not allowed to be that profound this early in the morning. It’s in the ITT handbook, right after the “no dying†clause, but just before the safety regulations for using Susan’s helicopter. Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5

I like to listen to the news while doing stuff - chores, laundry, etc.

When I was in college I started setting my alarm to play NPR morning news and I think their calm voices helped me wake up better than anything else. Sleeping sleeping is someone talking what are they saying dow jones is up opec is meeting oh look it's morning. News doesn't give me anxiety or worry though. Dh avoids news and only checks it on weekends because it tends to stress him out.

Strangely enough, we rarely listen to music unless it's something we specifically want or need to hear (or are playing it ourselves).

I listen to the news and talk radio (same station) all day long. Well, not during school, so generally during the afternoon.

I did my Russian for the day. Russian is hard. Duolingo doesn’t really teach the alphabet first - they expect you to learn it by immersion. Which is good for some people, I guess, but I really need the alphabet first.

Imma gonna make some flash cards from the First Words Book I ordered.

Coffee!

• Like 4

I did my Russian for the day. Russian is hard. Duolingo doesn’t really teach the alphabet first - they expect you to learn it by immersion. Which is good for some people, I guess, but I really need the alphabet first.

Imma gonna make some flash cards from the First Words Book I ordered.

Coffee!

I admire you for learning Russian. I wanted to learn Greek, too, and I started the kids in it, but the whole “learning another alphabet†thing just bogged me down. I think I would have stuck with it if I wasn’t studyIng Latin, too, but i’d Gotten far enough in Latin where I wanted to just run with that.
  • Like 1