Menu

Ignore this thread!

Two new query letters writ and in the file to send next week. I'm kind of waiting on the backlog of queries to thin out just a hair. Wrote 1000 words on the sequel. That monster is going to need as much or more intensive editing than the first book. There's so much going on it's hard to keep track of it all. I've got short stories to work on next and then I've got to brave the beast and tackle school planning for next week.

• Like 5

Church was dh and my first date. It was Wednesday, though, so no family visit after. But church then lunch after would be good.

Us too!

Well, actually the set-up was church. It was a group lunch after church, with dh purposely seated next to me (the visitor) at the Mexican restaurant. 

Dh called later that day to invite to coffee/dessert.   

5 minutes later the guy seated on the OTHER side of me called.  Apparently he was one of the few there who didn't about the set-up.   :lol:   

• Like 4

Us too!

Well, actually the set-up was church. It was a group lunch after church, with dh purposely seated next to me (the visitor) at the Mexican restaurant.

Dh called later that day to invite to coffee/dessert.

5 minutes later the guy seated on the OTHER side of me called. Apparently he was one of the few there who didn't about the set-up. :lol:

Oh my!! Well, that’s a little awkward!!😜
  • Like 1

It would appear that I am allergic to quinoa.

Which especially sucks because I was kind of liking those TJ's Quinoa and Blackbean infused chips.

#isaidsucks

Oh no!

Are you sure it is the quinoa?

At least that is not a super common ingredient.

I'm typing on my new computer.  It works but every now and then does something weird.  Like the speakers won't work and the external speakers I hooked up worked for about a half an hour and then quit working.  And I'm having an occasional glitch while I'm typing (it will erase what I said or the cursor while suddenly jump to a different place in the document.) 

• Like 3

Mine would be full of words unfit for this site. I've given up.  #forestlife

:lol: Why garden when you can dig up roots in the forest and dandilions in your yard?

No.

See previous answer.

I’m sure I have. I love starting journals. But I never finish them,

Sounds like me! I feel the urge, though. And I found a bunch of free printables online.

• Like 3

The IRS finally accepted my tax return!

It apparently didn't like the fact that I had two middle names listed for one child. Once I resubmitted with the middle names deleted it was happy.

Methinketh this is discrimination against multiple name folks.

• Like 8

Slache, how are you doing today?

You would be proud of my girls (dd9 & dd11). They KonMari-rolled all their clothes back into their drawers! Their drawers actually close! And they can see everything that's in them! 😊

Better. Thanks.

Yay! If they did it right it will last, but if they did it wrong it won't. Also, if you have an Alex it won't. Has anyone seen my socks?  

Day 21 step goal demolished.

And no, Slache, I haven’t drunk the bone broth yet. I make myself do that at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You used to post about them at the same time. I need more consistency from you.

I bought bone broth 2 weeks ago. Haven't been able to make myself try it yet.

I love it. True story.
  • Like 3

Why?

Wasn't your oldest born in 1984? It'd make a great high school assignment, and then you could read and discuss it together. 

Okay, he probably graduated high school a little while ago already, but, never too late, no?

So hypothetically, if a young man starts dating, when and how does he start bringing her around his family?

When? About 3 weeks before the wedding. How? By managing to fill out a lot of paperwork for the US govt and paying the filing fee. 

• Like 2

<Me> Stuffed beyond capacity, "I know I said I'd make popcorn, but..."

<Turtle One> Ate ravenously at dinner, "Oh, boy! Popcorn!"

<Turtle Two> Ate ravenously at dinner, "I want popcorn!"

<DH> Ate ravenously at dinner, "Yay! Popcorn!"

:mellow: How do they do it?

• Like 5

On when to bring a girl home: I didn't meet DH's folks until I came over to do job interviews. At that point we were already pretty much set that things were serious at that point. It was April, and a sweet, moonlit night. I took my shoes off to walk across the lawn. Watched some rodeo with my future father-in-law and future mother-in-law was a little shy with me. Later DH told me that MIL took him aside when I was off to bed for the night and said, "I like that one. You keep that one."

:001_wub: I have awesome, awesome in-laws. Grateful every day for that gift.

• Like 11

“You’re not a very fun mom. You’re not quite the mom I was expecting when I came here.â€

Says my 7 year old. She was 10 months old when she “came hereâ€.

I about died laughing.

Although I kind of think my feelings should be hurt.

• Like 13

Yes! I finally figured out what book series I read when I was 10-11yo or so. I'd tried Googling it a few times before, but somehow, The War of the Roses, England, children's books, series, historical fiction, etc (Googled in Dutch, because I read the Dutch translation, even though I was pretty sure it was translated, I wasn't sure if it was translated from English), wasn't getting me anywhere (was mostly getting me Philippa Gregory). Anyway, it's the Mantlemass chronicles, by Barbara Willard. Naturally, our library doesn't have the first book in the series (though it's debatable which book is first, since what most places claim is the "first" book wasn't the first book published), but anyway. By publication date, the Lark and the Laurel is first, but otherwise, Miller's Boy is first, and the latter sounds like it's more likely to appeal to boys, so, I ordered it from Amazon, because I'm not sure at what point it might or might not appeal to my kids.

• Like 2

Have you ever made a gardening journal? What kinds of stuff did you put in it?

I have a boring gardening journal. The first thing I did was find the planting guide from our county extension office. It was the first year (or maybe second) I was going to plant, and thought I should know something about the area. I have a tiny journal, so shrunk down the pages, printed it out, and glued them in the first pages.

After that, it was just a matter of deciding what I wanted to grow and where. I can tell where I started reading "Square-foot Gardening," "Lasagna Gardening," or "Corn loves Tomatoes" (or something like that).

I have lists of what I was thinking of growing, where I bought seeds, but mostly just the diagrams where I plot where I was going to put everything. Those are in pencil because...things happen. Every once in a while I have a note like "Japanese black tomatoes were prolific!" 

ETA: I still have and use the same journal. I started it around 2005 or so.

Edited by Renai
  • Like 2

I just pretend that sportsball doesn’t exist.

Except when deciding whether to order pizza. 

I made French toast for dinner. I was going to make it for lunch, but since it was after 6pm...  :leaving:

The IRS finally accepted my tax return!

It apparently didn't like the fact that I had two middle names listed for one child. Once I resubmitted with the middle names deleted it was happy.

Methinketh this is discrimination against multiple name folks.

Huh. I don't think we've ever had an issue with that. Then and again, I don't file; DW does. I'm sure I would've heard about it if there were an issue. That said, this year's taxes haven't been done yet, and probably won't be until, uh, April. 

• Like 3

I'm ketchupped. But no ketchup with the French toast - that'd be gross. The French toast was with sugar and cinnamon. Also, DW said it didn't have enough egg. I told her American French toast is way too eggy. 

I also Russianed this morning. I'm almost exactly halfway through RS - that is, I'm almost halfway through level 3 out of the 5 levels. Ikslo, I'd definitely look at the alphabet with the pronunciations some, but, it's not too hard, at least it isn't if you have some clue about the Greek alphabet, since it's similar. 

ETA: my spelling still sucks though.

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 5

Edpo:

I'm contemplating Conceptual Physical Science by Hewitt for Celery next year. He said he wants Astronomy, but naturally, there are no decent Astronomy textbooks at his level - it's all just living books and kids stuff, or AP/college level, which would be (seriously) pushing it. I know I could just do living books, but I'm thinking maybe trying a textbook would be good? The last 3 or so chapters of that book are about Astronomy, and I'm thinking I could probably do those first... 

• Like 2

Yes! I finally figured out what book series I read when I was 10-11yo or so. I'd tried Googling it a few times before, but somehow, The War of the Roses, England, children's books, series, historical fiction, etc (Googled in Dutch, because I read the Dutch translation, even though I was pretty sure it was translated, I wasn't sure if it was translated from English), wasn't getting me anywhere (was mostly getting me Philippa Gregory). Anyway, it's the Mantlemass chronicles, by Barbara Willard. Naturally, our library doesn't have the first book in the series (though it's debatable which book is first, since what most places claim is the "first" book wasn't the first book published), but anyway. By publication date, the Lark and the Laurel is first, but otherwise, Miller's Boy is first, and the latter sounds like it's more likely to appeal to boys, so, I ordered it from Amazon, because I'm not sure at what point it might or might not appeal to my kids.

I think we read a book by Barbara Willard last year.  Hold on, let me check....  Oops, no, I was wrong.  It was Ransom for a Knight by Barbara Leonie Picard.  

• Like 3

I think we read a book by Barbara Willard last year.  Hold on, let me check....  Oops, no, I was wrong.  It was Ransom for a Knight by Barbara Leonie Picard.  

I'm really losing it.  We have read books by Barbara Willard, I was just remembering the wrong one.  We've read Son of Charlemagne and Augustine Comes to Kent.

• Like 3