Menu

Ignore this thread!

Church shooting in TX

Thank you.  They did have it on the morning news, though they were talking as if all of their viewers were already in-the-know about it.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  to everyone there.

• Like 3

Good morning!

Bedtime is 7:30 for my younger 2 and 8:00 for the middles. I have been told recently that that is too early to send kids to bed. Today we have Lessons, music lessons, children's choir, and orchestra rehearsal for me. I should probably practice the music.

Coffee!

Kids need their sleep.  That's when they grow, and when their brains process stuff and develop more connections.  Send them to bed at whatever time works best for the lot of you.

• Like 2

Good Friday morning! Oh, wait...it's Monday. Well, good morning, anyway.

I made waffles, and the kids are watching Pete's Dragon while I drink copious amounts of coffee. In about 5 minutes, while they finish their movie, I will do the cleaning things and preparing things, then we'll work on some lessons.

DH and I read about TX last night. Then we watched Baby Driver. The juxtoposition of violence was too much for me. I'm not usually squeamish, but I was almost actually ill. I think I'm taking a Hollywood break for awhile.

The getting-laid-off stress storm seems to have faded now, and we're looking at making plans. My DH is such a good man. His struggles with his illness just kills me. Thanks for all the hugs and prayers and good thoughts and unicorn/giraffes.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  for you both.

• Like 2

Good Morning!

:leaving:

My littles go to bed about 9.  The older two girls at 10.  Ds17 at 11 (or whenever the ballgame is over).  They usually run about half an hour late getting to bed.

However, they are not allowed to get up before 8 a.m.  I am totally not a morning person.

• Like 6

Y'all, it is so hot, I'm melting. I've got windows open, fans on, and I've been shedding clothes, and I cannot get cool. The high tomorrow is supposed to be 63F.

Southern autumns are crazy.

Come on over.  You won't be hot.  Trust me.

In other news, I am tired and sad human. 

• Like 2

Bedtime around here is between 8 and 10 pm. Any earlier, and DH and I both wake up at three. Any later and we don't go to sleep until midnight. At some point after 10 my second wind kicks in and I won't sleep. 

I don't know about the boys. They go to bed  around 9 to 9:30 now and sleep sound until around 7. That seems to work for us all. If they are tired, they tend to go to bed earlier rather than sleep later.

• Like 1

Good Monday morning!

Our screen fast is coming to a close. It's been good for us, I think. I got the school/playroom purged and reorganized this weekend. It's so nice we actually want to spend time in there. I also made a new chore chart and rethought my homeschool plans. From here on out, we all have screen limits but they are no longer banned.

I messed up and made speech appointments on no-commitment Monday for the next couple of weeks. And we all are in desperate need of haircuts.

But first, coffee.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 8

I'm awake. I was just up, but then I walked the dogs and the sky fell on me. What with the cold shower, the thunder growling at me and the lightning out to get me, I don't think I'm asleep anymore.

I also have no pantz. 

I'm waiting for them to dry.

:grouphug:

Where was Chicken Little when you needed her?

• Like 1

Warm and dry in the chicken house, with the other birds.

:toetap05:  :toetap05:  :toetap05:   She was supposed to sound the warning first.   :toetap05:  :toetap05:  :toetap05:

• Like 3

Best I've been able to tell, Fall flood warnings are generally not a big deal. Spring flood warnings are generally not real problematic either, but have more potential to (melting snow, frozen ground, rain, ice in rivers blocking the flow of the river until they suddenly break loose and then release a whole bunch of water). 

• Like 1

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

I think I'm getting a breast infection because my letdown is still not working. Baby is getting fat b/c he has plenty of drip, drip, drips but something is not working right on my end.  :thumbdown: I actually have a call in w/my doctor now (so no need to nag me) and I almost never willingly go to the doctor. 

My DD(10) is growing too fast. This summer I was buying her size 7-8 clothes and size 13 shoes. Now she's wearing her sisters' size 12 clothes and wants to wear my size 3 shoes and says they fit. I'd be much sadder if I didn't have Baby. She's probably going to start her period soon and be all moody preteen, and where is my baby? She says she's almost as tall as me and it makes me want to throw a tantrum and say, "No. Nobody is allowed to get taller than me ever again!"

• Like 9

First off a Layoff

It’s gonna be a week of Mondays here.

I can tell it by the slightly trembling tear,

Exclamation point upon the fear,

That nothing that we’ve studied stuck this year.

Stubborn feet refuse to load the gate,

We got up early and we started late,

While waiting for the brain-fog to abate,

Turned out that gray was the steady state.

It’s gonna be a week of Mondays plain.

I figure we will muddle through the pain,

Grouse and grumble right on through the strain,

When nothing’s lost, there’s nothing left to gain.

Random Musings

• Like 7

I'm awake. I was just up, but then I walked the dogs and the sky fell on me. What with the cold shower, the thunder growling at me and the lightning out to get me, I don't think I'm asleep anymore.

I also have no pantz. 

I'm waiting for them to dry.

Aaack!!💦⚡ï¸â˜”ï¸ðŸ’¨ðŸ˜±

((JJM)) hope your day is good.

:grouphug: for tired and sad.

I am dreaming of cold, snow, evenings by the fireplace and hot chocolate. The rain is cooling things off this morning.

I want cold and snow. It is cooler now. We never get snow. Sometimes we pretend we have snow when we get a hard (for us) freeze. I did make the kids hot chocolate this morning.

DD9 was telling me the plot of her book yesterday and she said, “and then, she used her fem-Nine willies!†And I almost peed laughing.

😅  

I have decided to dedicate this month to teaching multiplication to my three youngest.

I am insane.  Or if I'm not now, I will be by Thanksgiving.

I need to teach my kids fractions. Fractions have been the bane of our existence.
  • Like 2

I need to fill the bird feeders. And sweep the carpet of leaves off the deck. But it's raining now.

We brought in the last of the tomatoes to see if they'll ripen inside. Weather is taking what looks to be a permanent temperature dip tonight.

The goat has been banished and orchestra music practiced. My head and face are hurting a bit. Maybe barometric pressure issues?

• Like 2

My DD(10) is growing too fast. This summer I was buying her size 7-8 clothes and size 13 shoes. Now she's wearing her sisters' size 12 clothes and wants to wear my size 3 shoes and says they fit. I'd be much sadder if I didn't have Baby. She's probably going to start her period soon and be all moody preteen, and where is my baby? She says she's almost as tall as me and it makes me want to throw a tantrum and say, "No. Nobody is allowed to get taller than me ever again!"

My oldest DD (11'years old)'is growing up quick, too. She hasn't gotten AF yet, but she's definitely developing and she's just tall and leggy and beautiful. Fortunately, she's still pretty innocent in her interests, which I totally attribute to homeschooling. Her BFF is also homeschooled, and they're in the same tumbling class and Sunday School class.
  • Like 3

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

I think I'm getting a breast infection because my letdown is still not working. Baby is getting fat b/c he has plenty of drip, drip, drips but something is not working right on my end.  :thumbdown: I actually have a call in w/my doctor now (so no need to nag me) and I almost never willingly go to the doctor. 

Liked for the growing kids.   :grouphug:  :grouphug:  for the rest.

• Like 1

First off a Layoff

It’s gonna be a week of Mondays here.

I can tell it by the slightly trembling tear,

Exclamation point upon the fear,

That nothing that we’ve studied stuck this year.

Stubborn feet refuse to load the gate,

We got up early and we started late,

While waiting for the brain-fog to abate,

Turned out that gray was the steady state.

It’s gonna be a week of Mondays plain.

I figure we will muddle through the pain,

Grouse and grumble right on through the strain,

When nothing’s lost, there’s nothing left to gain.

Random Musings

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  as well as the like.

• Like 1

Aaack!!💦⚡ï¸â˜”ï¸ðŸ’¨ðŸ˜±  

((JJM)) hope your day is good.

I want cold and snow. It is cooler now. We never get snow. Sometimes we pretend we have snow when we get a hard (for us) freeze. I did make the kids hot chocolate this morning.😅   I need to teach my kids fractions. Fractions have been the bane of our existence.

Pie!  Pies make good manipulatives for fractions!

• Like 4

I'm being good and mopping the kitchen floor somewhat.  I'm also writing a bit more, and contemplating whether to go reserve a storage unit now, or wait until next week, when I am more likely to actually be ready to start loading it.

• Like 2

DD13 is enjoying the fact that she can now bite into an apple instead of having to cut it into pieces.  A week or two back she got her brackets taken off for a few months.  She'll get more brackets put back on when the Herbst comes out in March, but I think until then she gets a reprieve, right in time for Thanksgiving and the Christmas holidays!

Saturday I automatically cut corn off of the cob for her, before I remembered she could eat it off the cob herself.  Woohoo!

Now she wants Skittles.

• Like 3

:seeya:

I ended up finding my iPad late last night. A house key and a couple of other things are still missing. I think my 4yo has been busy.

I painted my garage door this morning, and the boys' room was painted over the weekend.  We still haven't made it to the school room, but I'm getting closer!

D4YO, hunt-fetch!

My ILs used to have a dog, Copper, who would find missing things when requested.  He was especially good about MIL's wallet -- she was constantly losing track of that.  He got very proactive about it.  When he found it just lying about in odd places, like in her purse, he'd take it into his kennel for safe-keeping so he'd know right where it was when she wanted him to go get it.  Copper has been gone a long time, but we all still call out "hunt-fetch!" when we are missing something.

• Like 4

:grouphug: Jean.

I remember deciding one day that I was sick of peanut butter sandwiches as I was making one. I have not eaten one since then. I like peanut butter, but not on sandwiches.

ETA: It's a startling revelations Booyah!

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 4

I have been in pain more than half of my life.  And it's not like I just reached the halfway point.  This is not a bid for sympathy but one of those facts that hit you while you are sitting over your oatmeal. 

Another fact that hit me before I made my oatmeal - I am sick of eggs. 

Jean, sometimes I think we must be sisters.

I have thoughts like that sometimes, too.  I have been in pain for all of dd11, dd9, and dd7's lives.  And I don't think that the older ones remember me before chronic pain.  

I wish they could have known that person.  I liked her a lot more than the version they know.

• Like 4

Jean, sometimes I think we must be sisters.

I have thoughts like that sometimes, too.  I have been in pain for all of dd11, dd9, and dd7's lives.  And I don't think that the older ones remember me before chronic pain.  

I wish they could have known that person.  I liked her a lot more than the version they know.

You have a J name so you fit right in with me and my sisters! 

• Like 1

Good morning!

Bedtime is 7:30 for my younger 2 and 8:00 for the middles. I have been told recently that that is too early to send kids to bed. Today we have Lessons, music lessons, children's choir, and orchestra rehearsal for me. I should probably practice the music.

Coffee!

Ours are down from 7-7 but that includes up to an hour of reading for John. I don't care when people put their kids down. No two adults are identical so why should our kids be?

Good Friday morning! Oh, wait...it's Monday. Well, good morning, anyway.

I made waffles, and the kids are watching Pete's Dragon while I drink copious amounts of coffee. In about 5 minutes, while they finish their movie, I will do the cleaning things and preparing things, then we'll work on some lessons.

DH and I read about TX last night. Then we watched Baby Driver. The juxtoposition of violence was too much for me. I'm not usually squeamish, but I was almost actually ill. I think I'm taking a Hollywood break for awhile.

The getting-laid-off stress storm seems to have faded now, and we're looking at making plans. My DH is such a good man. His struggles with his illness just kills me. Thanks for all the hugs and prayers and good thoughts and unicorn/giraffes.

I stopped watching the news years ago.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

I have been in pain more than half of my life.  And it's not like I just reached the halfway point.  This is not a bid for sympathy but one of those facts that hit you while you are sitting over your oatmeal. 

Another fact that hit me before I made my oatmeal - I am sick of eggs. 

I've been tired and mostly in bed for over 10 years. I was just crying yesterday because I had spent days in bed and not with the kids. I know it's different, but it still hurts me emotionally and makes me so very sad.

• Like 3