Menu

Ignore this thread!

The magician unloads on Molly Grue for telling the unicorn "I forgive you." He says that unicorns are for young girls, for beginnings." Old, beat-up, decidedly non-virgin Molly can touch the unicorn while he can't, and she says, "You don't know much about unicorns."

The movie wasn't that detailed.

"How dare you? How dare you come to me now? When I am this." Then she collapsed crying.

• Like 1

I think it’s going to be pizza for dinner. While I was at the store I got a call that DH had probably broken at least one finger. So we’ve been at the ER waiting, waiting, waiting. Fortunately MIL can stay with/Baby but I miss him.

• Like 3

Everyone must be off penning their masterpieces.

I'm working on #$%^&*@ medical insurance. Despite vowing to never do so, I think that I'm going to have to go with Kaiser.

I'm here.mspent half the morning at DS's school. They are having a big fund raising dinner tonight, so I helped cut fruit for the appetizer table. I also cut my finger.

Then I went to the Afsa. My sweet DH offered to go for me because #sinusinfection, but as I was writing out the detailed list, I realized it would be easier to just go myself.

Now I am ITTing, watching Clemson and NC State and baking French bread for dinner. I could make an entire meal on fresh homemade French bread and herb butter.

• Like 5

I didn't scream when I found a dead (drowned) body.  I thought it (the head and hair which is all I saw) was a turtle until I realized that it wasn't.  So I got a lifeguard. 

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   Still not pleasant, I imagine.

• Like 1

What’s for dinner? I’m going to the store in a few minutes w/ no plan. Not hungry except for moah chocolate! (Read it like more cowbell!)

I ordered pizza.  It should be here any time.

• Like 2

I can't do almonds.   :crying:  And raw fish worries me.  But mozzarella and avocado and cherry tomatoes are good!  

Add fresh basil to that.  Tear it by hand, don't snip it or cut it.  You will like it.   :drool5:

• Like 1

I need to go get my 2K in today. I used my downtime in between things to work on subplots, but I won't count that toward my word count. Then I went to the library, rented the rest of Baseball, the documentary, and collected more books for my 100 books list.

I have:

2013 Best American Poetry anthology

The Midnight Disease: The Drive to Write, Writer's Block (I've never had it) and the Creative Brain

1824 The Arkansas War (historical fantasy!)

The Pagan Knight (epic fantasy)

On Writing (Stephen King)

Two Ellis Peters: The Summer of the Danes, The Hermit of Eyton Forest

Reading Like a Writer

That should do to be getting on with.

That's a bunch of books!

• Like 1

:grouphug: :grouphug: Still not pleasant, I imagine.

This was 40 years ago. I never saw the face or the full body. So no trauma - lasting or otherwise. I literally thought “turtle “, then “no, that’s hairâ€, got the lifeguard and then they cleared the beach of all of us kids and teens. Later we found out that it was a local drunk who made a misstep on the way home from the bar and went into the ocean.

• Like 3

This was 40 years ago. I never saw the face or the full body. So no trauma - lasting or otherwise. I literally thought “turtle “, then “no, that’s hairâ€, got the lifeguard and then they cleared the beach of all of us kids and teens. Later we found out that it was a local drunk who made a misstep on the way home from the bar and went into the ocean.

Still--that had to be unpleasant.

I made chicken noodle soup for dinner, and bought some french bread to go with it. My bread baking efforts of the past haven't turned out well, but I may try again this winter.

I found a website called Rat Race Rebellion. Does anyone know it? It lists allegedly reputable work from home opportunities. I'm wondering that will be less stressful than leaving to work. It's an idea I'm pondering.

Tonight, after the kids are in bed, I'm finishing up my schedule planning, and filing their work samples from the last seven or eight weeks. After that, I think I will read. I'm reading "The Address" by Fiona Davis for my first challenge book. It's the one I picked because I liked the font the title was set in. It's slow building, but interesting. It uses a shifting narrative technique, one from a woman in 1884 and one from a woman in 1985.

I love reading your posts.

One thing to consider before looking at work opportunities is what child care opportunities you have close to you. Even working at home with young children can be challenging. Whatever you do, don't just jump at it because it pays. You will want to look around for a while.

• Like 1

SHE MADE IT WITH LOVE, YOU HEARTLESS, TASTELESS...*unicorn molts it’s fluffiness and screams in primal rage*

Slache and Spud start pulling each others hair and rolling around on the carpet until Mom makes them sit on the sofa and hold hands, whereupon they have the world’s quietest hand squeezing competition.

I steamed a potato.

This sounds quite yummy!

And no cooking.
  • Like 3