Menu

Ignore this thread!

The place where I lived from 6-18yo has on average 291 days with precipitation annually, according to weer.nl. Buffalo ranks really high in days of precipitation/year for the US, but nowhere near that high (168 or something).  :svengo: Also, Buffalo has a significantly higher percentage of snow days as part of those days with precipitation. 

(Where I lived in Thailand had 258 days with precipitation = rain days in 2016, but I didn't see an annual average)

Thanks for your thoughts! And odds are that some people do scream when they find a dead body. 

Yeah, but not usually as much as Madame Oliver was writing.   :laugh:

Unicorn

I saw a unicorn today.

I saw the white shimmer of its mane in the water of a far-off lake,

The wind whipped its mane into folds on the sides of the mountain.

I heard the thunder of hooves in the beat of a duck’s wings across a wind-torn lake.

I saw the fabulous horn reflected in the shadow of silver stone on a dark river inlet.

And it laughed, laughed like children beneath the clear, bright sun.

I captured a unicorn today,

And drove home under a harvest moon,

Happy.

Pantser. I make it up as it comes.

:blush:  :wub:

• Like 6

What’s for dinner? I’m going to the store in a few minutes w/ no plan. Not hungry except for moah chocolate! (Read it like more cowbell!)

We have like no money but lots of food including random leftovers from a church thing so summer sausage, quinoa and mixed veggies. Probably for three days. I think we have canned apples we can sautee in cinnamon for dessert.

• Like 2

What’s for dinner? I’m going to the store in a few minutes w/ no plan. Not hungry except for moah chocolate! (Read it like more cowbell!)

I think if I were going to the store I would have an avocado and some almonds because I don't feel like cooking.
  • Like 1

Not sure how to square "write what you know" with not turning it into (partially fictionalized) memoir. Not that NaNoWriMo requires you to write what you know, or w/e. It's just common advice. Maybe I should write what I don't know. 

There are many ways of knowing.

#fantasywriterwhodoesn'twritehumanprotagonists

• Like 2

Fun fact: Wikipedia also says you have to be a virgin in order to capture a unicorn. 

(and yes, I know what "creative license" is)

If you haven't, read Peter Beagle's The Last Unicorn. There's a quote in there by Molly Grue that brings tears to my eyes every time I read it.

• Like 3

What if we accidentally smooch like on Lady and the Tramp?

Sorry to disappoint you.

As it turns out, of our 26 boxes of pasta, not one is actually spaghetti.  Rotini, baby.  Which means one of us is going to get dizzy if we try to smooch, and it's not going to be me.  

#aintnobodygottimeforthat

• Like 6

I need to go get my 2K in today. I used my downtime in between things to work on subplots, but I won't count that toward my word count. Then I went to the library, rented the rest of Baseball, the documentary, and collected more books for my 100 books list.

I have:

2013 Best American Poetry anthology

The Midnight Disease: The Drive to Write, Writer's Block (I've never had it) and the Creative Brain

1824 The Arkansas War (historical fantasy!)

The Pagan Knight (epic fantasy)

On Writing (Stephen King)

Two Ellis Peters: The Summer of the Danes, The Hermit of Eyton Forest

Reading Like a Writer

That should do to be getting on with.

• Like 4

The magician unloads on Molly Grue for telling the unicorn "I forgive you." He says that unicorns are for young girls, for beginnings." Old, beat-up, decidedly non-virgin Molly can touch the unicorn while he can't, and she says, "You don't know much about unicorns."

• Like 1