Menu

Ignore this thread!

I can't decide what to do. Broccoli wants to type, and I promised I'd spend some time teaching him today. He also should take a shower. He also should go to TKD, and I could potentially get Celery a haircut at the same time. Celery also still should do math. All of the above is not impossible, but I just want to be done with the day. 

• Like 4

I have been in pain more than half of my life.  And it's not like I just reached the halfway point.  This is not a bid for sympathy but one of those facts that hit you while you are sitting over your oatmeal. 

Another fact that hit me before I made my oatmeal - I am sick of eggs. 

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  anyway.

• Like 1

Jean, sometimes I think we must be sisters.

I have thoughts like that sometimes, too.  I have been in pain for all of dd11, dd9, and dd7's lives.  And I don't think that the older ones remember me before chronic pain.  

I wish they could have known that person.  I liked her a lot more than the version they know.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 2

Internet is absolutely glacial this morning.  And it isn't just me since a neighbor just called to complain about it. 

I have noticed that, too, over here.  Yesterday evening and today.  Do you think the lines are freezing?   :laugh:

• Like 1

Ours are down from 7-7 but that includes up to an hour of reading for John. I don't care when people put their kids down. No two adults are identical so why should our kids be?

I stopped watching the news years ago.

I've been tired and mostly in bed for over 10 years. I was just crying yesterday because I had spent days in bed and not with the kids. I know it's different, but it still hurts me emotionally and makes me so very sad.

• Like 1

Part of me wants to run off to a crafts store for chipboard.  I really don't need it today or even tomorrow, and it can wait to be gotten some other time, when I am already going for something else.

I think part of me just wants to run away or run around for a little while.  Tomorrow is our day at Ren Fest School Days.  I must simply hold on until then, and we three will run about and have fun.  I must remember to take my stick, just in case my knees tire.

I need to write some more, but don't have much brain.  Maybe I can blather for a bit....

Oh, and Broccoli also needs a haircut, and I was thinking of doing that after his shower, but then that would get pretty close to TKD time. I've changed my mind though... I think I want to have someone else cut his hair this time, not DIY it. Which doesn't help timing-wise (probably even worse, since I can't control the speed at which a salon does it), but anyway... Celery is almost done with his math for today, and Broccoli had a shower. Now trying to decide whether to go to TKD or drag both kids to Supercuts or w/e. 

• Like 2

I did mop, but I also watched some Fortitude (on my tablet, with headphones, so I wouldn't distract studying DDs).  Then I came back to ITT and NaNoWriMo writing while my tablet charged up again.  Think it is charged up yet?  I finished today's quota, so I get to watch more, right?

I am SO ready to have a break from the whole scene tomorrow.

• Like 2

I’m old fashioned and poor. I didn’t say no when Dd asked for some hair color but said that she would have to pay for it. She decided not to and I am relieved. I don’t need one more thing to monitor (like touch ups). She gets her hair cut once or twice a year like I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I'm back from my Dr. appointment for the dreaded yearly squish. I fully expect to get called back. Blech.

Now I'm going to write for a while and finish the day's quota.

Do you normally get called back or are you worried about something?

Well done, on going to get squished.  I hate how they lie, "This won't hurt?" Um, lady, I had bruises left on my chest wall....it hurt.

• Like 2

I’m old fashioned and poor. I didn’t say no when Dd asked for some hair color but said that she would have to pay for it. She decided not to and I am relieved. I don’t need one more thing to monitor (like touch ups). She gets her hair cut once or twice a year like I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got it for $3 and it washes out after a few weeks. I actually got it months ago but never got around to it. It only took 10 minutes but now my hands are pink!

I shouldn't say it was $3. It was $3 because I already had the volumizer and tools. It would have been like $15.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 1

Well done, on going to get squished.  I hate how they lie, "This won't hurt?" Um, lady, I had bruises left on my chest wall....it hurt.

Actually, it wasn't so bad. I only threatened to bite and didn't even have to hiss.

I figure I'll get called back due to my caffeine addiction and three or more months worth of severe mastitis almost fourteen years ago. I suspect there will be plenty of scar tissue to evaluate.

• Like 2

The boy asked for golf lessons for Christmas. DH suggested one course--I shot that down in a hurry. The course he wants is an hour drive one way. :glare: No, no, no! I want it close so that I don't have to drive hours and so that practice doesn't mean driving hours to get to the driving range.

ETA: With ninth grade coming up, it would be good to have some specific sports education to count for the phys ed requirement. I've got some running planned, as well as some weight training, and they kayak, but it would be nice to put their golf lessons and practice as part of that credit, I think.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 2

I just discovered that there is an Andy’s Frozen Custard 15 miles from my house. 15 MILES!!

Friends and I used to go to the original stand in Springfield, MO when we were in college - late 80’s/early 90’s.

It is definitely worth a 15-mile drive for this frozen custard!

Booyah!

This booyah is dedicated to Andy, creator of the world’s most delicious frozen custard! ðŸ¦

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5

My kids won't let me (or anyone else for that matter) color their hair. :(

Weapon X said he wanted blue hair. I immediately said yes. As soon as he realized I was actually going to let him do it, he chickened out. It's probably for the best since he still does speech therapy through the school. I'm not sure they would approve of my 6 year old showing up with blue hair.

• Like 1

I am ticked off.  I bought this salad bowl kit thing at the grocery store for ds and dh to transport their lunch salads in.  It is missing the little container for salad dressing.  Now I have to go return it and see if they have one with all the parts.  I wonder if someone stole the dressing container out of it? 

#firstworldproblem.

#itwilltakeme15minutestopstotakecareofthis.

#Igettickedoffeasily.

#getoffmylawn

• Like 5

Mine never say that.  They always simply sympathize, apologize, and get it over as soon as practical.

• Like 1

I just discovered that there is an Andy’s Frozen Custard 15 miles from my house. 15 MILES!!

Friends and I used to go to the original stand in Springfield, MO when we were in college - late 80’s/early 90’s.

It is definitely worth a 15-mile drive for this frozen custard!

Booyah!

This booyah is dedicated to Andy, creator of the world’s most delicious frozen custard! ðŸ¦

I don't think I have ever had actual frozen custard.  Pudding pops don't count, do they?

ETA: With ninth grade coming up, it would be good to have some specific sports education to count for the phys ed requirement. I've got some running planned, as well as some weight training, and they kayak, but it would be nice to put their golf lessons and practice as part of that credit, I think.

Why? Do colleges care about that kind of thing?

We went to Great Clips and the kids got haircuts. Then we went to Aldi, and we had pizza for dinner (and the kids had carrot sticks as well, and Broccoli is also having a fruit cup, because he didn't like either of the pizzas... I don't entirely blame him - I wasn't planning on pizza for dinner, so the first pizza was pear and blue cheese (Celery liked that one), and the second one was mediterranean (which Celery ate, but didn't really like)). The kids are still watching the Goosebumps movie (which is supposedly leaving Netflix on the 11th... unless it gets renewed). The movie was interesting until it became apparent what the plot was, and now it's just too much action (i.e. boring). The kids seem to like it though.

• Like 2