Menu

Ignore this thread!

Reason 126,381 why I don't get through my tackle list. Ds' employer decided to close two hours early making me have to suddenly change my schedule to go pick him up after dropping him off just two hours ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sure hope your Tackle List is shorter than your Reason List! :D

• Like 6

I have returned from town. Stopped by the library and stocked picked up a third fantasy novel to compare word counts. I've been dreadfully concerned that I won't be able to get my 200K monster into something reasonable, like 125K. So I checked some published fantasy novels. To be fair, I'm sure these are all published authors and second or third books. But they are all adult fantasy, like mine. Respective counts: 160K, 180K, 150K. 

I think I can manage those kind of figures. :D

• Like 6

John's watching Back to The Future. "Why did he say ' holy ****?'" Matt watched it on TV so many times that he'd forgotten parts. Oops.

Yep. That happened to us, too. Dd18, who was about 6 at the time said afterwards that she really liked that word, h***s***. Sigh. We suggested it was not a good word to repeat.

• Like 4

I'm back. Went to the grocery store, not the AFSA. I usually shop at the AFSA, but today I just didn't feel like it. But, the grocery store is a bit more expensive. Hmm. But I spent the greater part of the day on my bullet journal. This is fun. The setting up part is, at least. I made the mistake of looking at all the fancy schmancy ones for ideas. But I am surprising myself that I have a tad bit more artistic talent than I thought. I thought I had none at all, but I can make a pretty decent banner. So, it's fun. Hopefully I can keep it up.

• Like 5

Apparently I can have a graff made with my entire STD history. Maybe I'll have it framed and hang it above the fireplace.

I've never had an STD. And if you're wondering my blood type is B.

Well, that's really exciting. We can call it Medical Art. My blood type is A, so if you're ever in a wreck and need blood, I can't help you with that. Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3

Junie, glad you were able to find some meds to tide you over. Hope you can find a more permanent fix.

Slashie, glad the tests were fine.

Whitehawk, good to see you!

Prairie got the meds.  I have the same disease, but I'm too stubborn to take meds.

• Like 3

Thanks for the puppy pic. Hugs to all of you.

I am two days late for my injection and flaring. My right hip is flaring and my fingers are becoming stiff like I am wearing thick gloves.

My rheumy had no samples.

All of the Costcos were out, no ability to order..

All of the Walgreens were out.

Both Sam's Clubs were out.

All of the Walmarts were out. This is when I started to freak out. They have a secondary backup distribution channel and...nothing.

It has gone into the national drug shortage list. There is nothing available to order.

A little grocery store had ten vials on the shelf. I took my 90 day prescription in, and bought them all--it's a ten week supply for me. I paid cash for 6 of the vials as my insurance would only cover 4 of them (30 day supply). I have some breathing room now as my copay for the drug I would have to switch to is $$$. That may still have to happen, but my next rheumy appt is in feb, so I have time.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   I'm glad you found some.  I hope the supply recovers soon.  Any idea what happened to cause the shortage?

• Like 2

Reason 126,381 why I don't get through my tackle list. Ds' employer decided to close two hours early making me have to suddenly change my schedule to go pick him up after dropping him off just two hours ago.

You got a DH-gets-home-early booya(h)!

• Like 2

My inaccurate weather app is predicting three (3!) days of snow late next week. Lord have mercy, get your sleds, milk, and toilet paper now while you still can! :D

One dear nephew was skyping with DD12 earlier today, and he told her his Mom had said Thursday they are likely to have a snow day.  I wonder what sort of blizzard is supposed to hit northern Texas?

• Like 2

Well, that's really exciting. We can call it Medical Art. My blood type is A, so if you're ever in a wreck and need blood, I can't help you with that.

Dibs on Krissi's blood!!!!  (I'm an A, too)   :laugh:

• Like 4

Prairie got the meds. I have the same disease, but I'm too stubborn to take meds.

See, this is my problem! I am so distracted by my kids when I'm reading I get everyone mixed up! Sorry, Junie!

I go into my room to read a bit and then all of the sudden I am surrounded by my six year old, my 10 year old and my 12.....

And now it is an hour later because I had to break up a fight, and now my 6 year old is back in here, "mommy, I have something to say to you...."

So, I do apologize for my mistakes. I do try!😊

• Like 8

I have done most of the things that required phone calls during business hours on business days.

I lost count of the loads of laundry done these past two days.  I'm not done, either -- still have a bunch of clothes to do, after DD15 washes her bedding.

I did take some time to go through that Getting Stuff Done set of posts from simpledollar.  I set up some project files for myself, and tidied up my desk area.  I did several things from my inbox and labeled other items so I know what to do on them when I pick them up again.

I zested and juiced about half of our lemons.  I need to do some more tonight before going to bed.  With luck I should finish sometime New Year's Day.  The next batch of calamansi are getting riper, so NEXT weekend I will likely be dealing with at least some of them.

Tomorrow I need to finish my .xls of monthly calendar grids for my journal.  The grids are made and printing right; I just want to pre-populate them with birthdays and locked-in company holidays.  After that I want to note down in my current journal what all I have gotten done these past few days.  There's other stuff, too, that I was going to type, but it's slipping from my head now.

Time to juice more lemons.

• Like 2

I have done most of the things that required phone calls during business hours on business days.

I lost count of the loads of laundry done these past two days. I'm not done, either -- still have a bunch of clothes to do, after DD15 washes her bedding.

I did take some time to go through that Getting Stuff Done set of posts from simpledollar. I set up some project files for myself, and tidied up my desk area. I did several things from my inbox and labeled other items so I know what to do on them when I pick them up again.

I zested and juiced about half of our lemons. I need to do some more tonight before going to bed. With luck I should finish sometime New Year's Day. The next batch of calamansi are getting riper, so NEXT weekend I will likely be dealing with at least some of them.

Tomorrow I need to finish my .xls of monthly calendar grids for my journal. The grids are made and printing right; I just want to pre-populate them with birthdays and locked-in company holidays. After that I want to note down in my current journal what all I have gotten done these past few days. There's other stuff, too, that I was going to type, but it's slipping from my head now.

Time to juice more lemons.

We get lemons from my in-laws. I juice them, but them in ice cube trays and freeze.
  • Like 3

Yep. That happened to us, too. Dd18, who was about 6 at the time said afterwards that she really liked that word, h***s***. Sigh. We suggested it was not a good word to repeat.

My late, super-duper awesome, much-lamented grandmother was an amazingly cool and fabulous woman.  She would on occasion, however, lose a bit of temper.  On such an occasion, she would put her hands on her hips (clothed in her "house dress") and exclaim, "Sh*t!" with a very precise inflection.

One time when DD was about 18 months old, we were at my grandmother's house.  DD dropped something, put her little hands on her Pull-up covered hips, and exclaimed, "Sh*t!," with PRECISELY the same inflection as her great-grandmother.  I thought my grandmother was going to pee herself.  The rest of us merely almost choked to death to hide our laughter so as to not encourage the little monster.

It's one of my most treasured memories.  :001_wub:

• Like 13

Booyah

Not quite.

• Like 1

So I finally granted dd6 what she had been begging for all day.

We just finished another chapter of Beast Academy. Dd8 came along for the ride.

It's a wild Friday night around here, let me tell you. :)

Seriously? :LOL: I can't get DS to do anything. He's on vacation - NO SCHOOL, MOM!!!!

• Like 3

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   I'm glad you found some.  I hope the supply recovers soon.  Any idea what happened to cause the shortage?

Accord and Mylan didn't give reasons for the delay.  Teva says "manufacturing delays".

There have been on and off shortages of this drug for quite a while.  

Usually it's contamination of an ingredient or a bad batch coming off of the manufacturing line that causes the delay.  Sometimes a drug is too inexpensive to profit from and only 1-2 manufacturers are left making the drug (and this is why one of my other meds went from $25-$300 this past year).

Drug shortages are a fact of life for me.  IMO, I think the FDA is to blame in part.  They could fast-track approval of alternative supply (bring in drugs from Canada!), they could stockpile critical drugs (both of my meds prone to shortage are on the WHO essential drugs list), and they could sure as heck communicate a lot better--especially in terms of demanding answers and timelines from manufacturing companies.

SaveSave

• Like 4

We need a basement. With a door and a lock. Not a musty, nasty basement. A nice, finished basement. Where I could send a certain 13 year old boy who is absolutely going bonkers. And he can bounce off the walls without disturbing anyone.

We need an ITT basement gym where we can send our kids while we sit up stairs with our drinks and snacks.  Climbing wall, crash pads, swings, slides, foam pit with swinging rope---we need the full setup.

• Like 7