Menu

Ignore this thread!

I think I could spend $10,000 on children's books and still want more. If not for the library I think I would have driven us homeless by now. We're actually on our way to the library now. :D

I have just realized you are in a very different time zone than me. It is 10 here so this post took me a moment to figure out.
  • Like 4

In the children's picture books I will keep How Fletcher was Hatched, McBroom's Ghost, One Monster After Another, and Verdi. I have a few others, but those are my favorites.

ETA: It's a never surrender your picture books, Booyah!

Brambly Hedge.  Especially if you can get the larger format books, so you can see all of the detail in the pictures and borders.

• Like 2

I have had the same copy of Bunny and Me and Guess How Much I Love You since my twenty year old was born. They are tattered but very much loved. Every time we whittle down our book collection all three children insist they stay.

Any book by Sandra Boynton!

Especially Philadelphia Chickens.

• Like 2

Okay, the kids have gone to bed and DH is spraying hair spray all over (to treat the bed of his 3D printer).  I'll sign off and head towards bed myself.

Goodnight, everyone!  As DD15 said, there's only 2 more days until next year!

• Like 2

In the children's picture books I will keep How Fletcher was Hatched, McBroom's Ghost, One Monster After Another, and Verdi. I have a few others, but those are my favorites.

ETA: It's a never surrender your picture books, Booyah!

I gave all our picture books away to a poor family of 5 kids. No regrets. Konmari.

• Like 9

I'm working on my bullet journal. You people did this to me, you know.

The girls are spending the night at Grandma's. It's relatively quiet here. The boys are still pretty tired from their All-Nighter. And I am also drinking peppermint tea. I'm running out of tea. I need to get some more. I should go to the grocery store tomorrow, but I don't feel like it. I actually had some plans for some fun little projects over vacation, but I am just so tired I don't want to do anything.

• Like 7

Oh, at lunch today I asked if anyone wanted to go to the library with me and ds12 started waving his hands (like we do when Queen Ellie stops by) and yelling, "YOU'RE GOING TO THE LIBRARY? TODAY? CAN I COME CAN I COME CAN I COME??!?!?!"

Guess it's been a while. :D

We've been staying away from the library for a while. We owe them too much $$.
  • Like 6

I feel a vent coming on.  Yesterday I spent four stupid hours sitting in a auto shop waiting room while my brakes got fixed.  Today I was doing errands and my car died in the parking lot in downtown Newcastle.  Fortunately dh was home and could jumpstart the car.  He told me to take the car to Sears to have the battery tested/get a new battery since this was the second time in just over a week that my car has needed to be jumped.  Sears was populated by dozens of very nice brainless young men who wanted very badly to be helpful but knew even less about cars than I do.  And that's saying a lot!  After twenty minutes of them not being able to figure out what kind of a battery I need, I said "nevermind" and took my car to the auto supply store.  There a equally nice but very knowledgeable young man tested my battery and sold me the correct one for my car.  Ds will install the new battery for me.  This is why I don't get anything really done at this house.  I have my tackle lists but I can't get to half of it because of spending hours doing stuff that I didn't plan on doing.  Grump! 

nice brainless young men :cursing:

nice and knowledgeable young men :001_wub:

Jean :grouphug:

• Like 4

Good Friday Morning!  

I was gone all day yesterday, home shortly, and then gone again to have dinner with friends.  We also drank grapes together.   :D   

But you guys talked for 3 or 4 pages!  Wow!  I am mostly ketch upped.  Today I hope to ketchup on things around the house and maybe get the tree down finally - LONG overdue!  

Collections - I think I can safely say I have a book collection.  I also have some of my Grandmother's china - so you might say I have a china collection.  And thanks to dh taking kids to chess tournaments every weekend when they were little we also have a trophy collection.  My kitchen table is still covered with trophies (not even half of the whole lot) thanks to the basement flood a month ago.  Today might be the day to find a new place for them.  

I was not effected by Landry Academy closing, except to be sad for those who were.  And sad to know that something of quality in the homeschooling community is gone.  And also concerned that the situation may have left the Landrys (whom I don't know at all) in a difficult financial situation personally.  

Time to get moving.....

COFFEE!!!!!

• Like 8

Captain Mal is having a colossal meltdown because there is no chocolate milk. Apparently running out of chocolate syrup is the same as hitting him repeatedly with a blunt object.

*I only imagine this would be his reaction to being beaten with a blunt object. It's never been tested.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 8

I have been prodigal with my likes again, and so ran out before I could like the post where Slache smooches Susan. I guess I'm going to have to get TWTM 4. My current copy is in pieces from being read and highlighted so much.

I've got to plan history, science and logic today. Then I'll be done with the six week overview plans that will go in my notebook. Tomorrow I type up a week's worth and that ought to do it.

More editing today, too.

First, caffeine.

• Like 6

Good morning!

Such a lazy morning. I am looking through recipes to collect good/cheap/easy meals for the freezer. My sister got me a recipe book from the Six Sisters which has some yummy ideas. I have to leave in an hour to bring dd14 to the birthday party. Rats - that means I need pantz.

The rest of the day will be spent making spring semester math binders for ds12 and dd10 (Math Mammoth, grades 6 and 4) and since it is payday, ordering ds21's and dd18's books for college classes. I need to go to the grocery store, as people around here get nervous when there is no cheese. You know we are getting low when we've been out of cheese for a couple days. :D I think I'll go tomorrow.

Coffee!

• Like 5

I am going to see if dh will drop off dd14 at the party tomorrow so I don't have to visit with people. He'll have to pick her up, too. Now I need ibuprofin. and a bed.

I have been reminded why I don't venture out into the sea very often.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

Good Friday Morning!  

I was gone all day yesterday, home shortly, and then gone again to have dinner with friends.  We also drank grapes together.   :D   

But you guys talked for 3 or 4 pages!  Wow!  I am mostly ketch upped.  Today I hope to ketchup on things around the house and maybe get the tree down finally - LONG overdue!  

Collections - I think I can safely say I have a book collection.  I also have some of my Grandmother's china - so you might say I have a china collection.  And thanks to dh taking kids to chess tournaments every weekend when they were little we also have a trophy collection.  My kitchen table is still covered with trophies (not even half of the whole lot) thanks to the basement flood a month ago.  Today might be the day to find a new place for them.  

I was not effected by Landry Academy closing, except to be sad for those who were.  And sad to know that something of quality in the homeschooling community is gone.  And also concerned that the situation may have left the Landrys (whom I don't know at all) in a difficult financial situation personally.  

Time to get moving.....

COFFEE!!!!!

What CAN be done with old trophies? 

So would this be a trophy Booya(h)?   :w00t:

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 5

I have been prodigal with my likes again, and so ran out before I could like the post where Slache smooches Susan. I guess I'm going to have to get TWTM 4. My current copy is in pieces from being read and highlighted so much.

I've got to plan history, science and logic today. Then I'll be done with the six week overview plans that will go in my notebook. Tomorrow I type up a week's worth and that ought to do it.

More editing today, too.

First, caffeine.

Hooray for correct usage of the word "prodigal"!!!!   :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

• Like 3

More editing today, too.

First, caffeine.

It is all too easy to be prodigal with likes on this thread, isn't it?

Hmm, I seem to have dystypia today....

• Like 3