Menu

Ignore this thread!

I think vacuuming up Legos is against the law.

I routinely throw away Legos (and marbles) that I find on the floor. Because no one will ever notice or care that we have one less.

When will that stupid squirrel give up? He will never get into that birdfeeder!

I have taken care of banking and entered semester grades/attendance and put in classes for spring semester and gone to the library and sent an email and printed out some free literature worksheets.

And socialized with a neighbor mom whose girls are over playing. She is very nice and has a cute little 11mo boy who found a delicious clump of hair/yarn/dust on the rug. The Horrors. I should have offered her some tea. I feel pretty certain that I am now exempt from socializing for the next 9 days.

• Like 9

I have paid bills, and pulled out frozen tomatoes for dinner, and gone to the market, and found clean undies. (not in that order.)

I am now attempting to organize my calendar.  I will not mention that I bought it last June and it runs August-August and so now I am five months behind anyway. 

• Like 10

Still konmari-ing the closet...

What am I supposed to do with my (deceased) MIL's stamp collection?  None of the kids want it.  (OK, I didn't ask the youngest two because they want Every.Thing.)  Dh doesn't have any siblings.  FIL gave it to us, so I know he doesn't want it.

I guess I am now a stamp collector.   :huh:

• Like 4

What am I supposed to do with my (deceased) MIL's stamp collection? None of the kids want it. (OK, I didn't ask the youngest two because they want Every.Thing.) Dh doesn't have any siblings. FIL gave it to us, so I know he doesn't want it.

I guess I am now a stamp collector. :huh:

EBay? Are there some stamps others might like?
  • Like 3

What am I supposed to do with my (deceased) MIL's stamp collection?  None of the kids want it.  (OK, I didn't ask the youngest two because they want Every.Thing.)  Dh doesn't have any siblings.  FIL gave it to us, so I know he doesn't want it.

Garbage.
  • Like 1

Booya/h?? Where is it?

Heehee! I got it!! Woohoo!

"Should auld Booya/h be forgot

And never brought to Booya/h....

Should auld Booya/h be forgot and days of Auld Lang Booya/h"

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

• Like 1

I have paid bills, and pulled out frozen tomatoes for dinner, and gone to the market, and found clean undies. (not in that order.)

I am now attempting to organize my calendar.  I will not mention that I bought it last June and it runs August-August and so now I am five months behind anyway. 

When the silly book (calendar) starts doesn't matter -- you just jump in where you are!  Just think -- you have 7 months to decide if you want to remain on Aug-Aug or switch to the calendar year (or any other format)!

• Like 3

E-bay. Craig's List. Salvation Army. Goodwill.

• Like 4

I editing, but that's not Konmarie-ing the manuscript because all of the culled material gave me joy. But it might not give the reader joy, so out it went. Still a good chapter for lightening the load.

Did a critique. 

Cooking dinner.

That's it.

Do you get to save the culled stuff in another document?  It gave you joy, after all....  And it might be useful later on down the line, right?

• Like 2

More than a week ago I came upon this http://www.thesimpledollar.com/getting-things-done-five-key-things/  when searching for I-forget-what.  I have now read the entire 14-post series, made notes, reorganized my notes, and come up with a task list to get started.  It's largely stuff I had heard before, but apparently something I needed to see written down right about now.  It will help me get certain stuff more organized.

I'm not going to take a full weekend to do the massive start-up collection, however.  I'm going to Flylady-ize it a bit and jump in where I'm at now.  I have a desk, and an inbox with some stuff in it (and other stuff requiring my attention strewn about my desk).  I will start with those, set a project for getting my journal up and running and add in the "next actions" for that, and add to it as I encounter stuff.  Just like the Konmari-ing I don't have the large chunk of time required to do the start-up as described, but I can at least do some, which is better than none.

Either tonight or tomorrow I will start setting up my journal.  I also need to talk to the mail-order pharmacy that wants to take over all of my meds, and maybe talk to my endo about one of the Walgreen's suggestions.

The girls are cooking tonight -- they are supposed to be in charge of cooking supper, though they will have instruction from DH and me.  The girls have decided upon steak, peas, salad, and (at my suggestion) some rolls I would dearly love to get eaten up and out of my freezer.

• Like 2

Do you get to save the culled stuff in another document?  It gave you joy, after all....  And it might be useful later on down the line, right?

You bet. I've already been able to use some material culled on the first draft in the sequel where it was a better fit. I create a new document for every draft. Everything gets saved and backed up in multiple places.

• Like 4

You bet. I've already been able to use some material culled on the first draft in the sequel where it was a better fit. I create a new document for every draft. Everything gets saved and backed up in multiple places.

Yay!  

• Like 2

I have been collecting stamps for 50 years.  :svengo:

• Like 7

Why? Is it fun? I collect dust and calories, but that's about it.

I try to collect scattered thoughts, but they keep getting away from me.  I am devising new trapping methods to try....

• Like 7

I feel a vent coming on.  Yesterday I spent four stupid hours sitting in a auto shop waiting room while my brakes got fixed.  Today I was doing errands and my car died in the parking lot in downtown Newcastle.  Fortunately dh was home and could jumpstart the car.  He told me to take the car to Sears to have the battery tested/get a new battery since this was the second time in just over a week that my car has needed to be jumped.  Sears was populated by dozens of very nice brainless young men who wanted very badly to be helpful but knew even less about cars than I do.  And that's saying a lot!  After twenty minutes of them not being able to figure out what kind of a battery I need, I said "nevermind" and took my car to the auto supply store.  There a equally nice but very knowledgeable young man tested my battery and sold me the correct one for my car.  Ds will install the new battery for me.  This is why I don't get anything really done at this house.  I have my tackle lists but I can't get to half of it because of spending hours doing stuff that I didn't plan on doing.  Grump! 

• Like 9

I feel a vent coming on.  Yesterday I spent four stupid hours sitting in a auto shop waiting room while my brakes got fixed.  Today I was doing errands and my car died in the parking lot in downtown Newcastle.  Fortunately dh was home and could jumpstart the car.  He told me to take the car to Sears to have the battery tested/get a new battery since this was the second time in just over a week that my car has needed to be jumped.  Sears was populated by dozens of very nice brainless young men who wanted very badly to be helpful but knew even less about cars than I do.  And that's saying a lot!  After twenty minutes of them not being able to figure out what kind of a battery I need, I said "nevermind" and took my car to the auto supply store.  There a equally nice but very knowledgeable young man tested my battery and sold me the correct one for my car.  Ds will install the new battery for me.  This is why I don't get anything really done at this house.  I have my tackle lists but I can't get to half of it because of spending hours doing stuff that I didn't plan on doing.  Grump! 

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 2

I just asked who would volunteer to clean the kitchen and the boys said, "Me! Me!"

My evil plan is working. Bwahahahahaha!

DH says 13-year-old boys?  Kitchen cleaning?  Volunteering?  He says he's suspicious.  He's sure they are up to something....

• Like 6

Why? Is it fun? I collect dust and calories, but that's about it.

I find it fun.  Others would find it boring.  ;)  I "inherited" my collection when I was 3 years old from a sibling who had tired of it.  I've just kept adding over the years.  There is tons of history you can learn from stamps from the famous figures depicted, the famous events of all kinds etc.  And lots about geography.  I suppose that technically some of my stamps might be worth some money but that isn't my motivation. 

• Like 9

I find it fun.  Others would find it boring.  ;)  I "inherited" my collection when I was 3 years old from a sibling who had tired of it.  I've just kept adding over the years.  There is tons of history you can learn from stamps from the famous figures depicted, the famous events of all kinds etc.  And lots about geography.  I suppose that technically some of my stamps might be worth some money but that isn't my motivation. 

Now that's the kind of collecting I could get interested in!  I wouldn't be bored listening to you talk about your collection.  

• Like 4