Menu

Ignore this thread!

Typical day, Krissi?

Morning, all! I am down with a cold, which is a sad way to spend a Friday with everyone home.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   Have them fetch for you and pamper you.  I hope you get better soon.

• Like 1

Hey all. I have not ketched up since before Christmas... yikes!

I am still recovering from the people hangover, lol.

And yesterday and today and likely tomorrow are migraine days. I barely slept last night. Pain and nausea... yippee. I am a bit miffed, too, because yesterday and today are really the only two days this break that I have a smidgen of time to do what I *feel* like doing instead of what I have to do :(

Oh well, head down and stay the course. I am going to try to finish the Bonhoeffer bio today though. A good hour or two and I should be done. Knowing I am not in jail and waiting for execution is also good for putting things in perspective :D

I also need to get everything lined up for next week's school. I want to hit the ground running this term.

((Prairie))

• Like 6

My kids hated them. We switched to Galore Park Latin Prep (which is now out of print and discontinued). Ds did those all the way through high school. Dd switched to Japanese.

And it's an educational language booyah!

Booyah (alternative spelling booya): Interjection used on the famous ITT thread to show exuberance at having reached yet another page on our long unending saga of love and support and general silliness.

This is the post I am ketching up from, and I love, love, love this definition!

• Like 5

Hey all. I have not ketched up since before Christmas... yikes!

I am still recovering from the people hangover, lol.

And yesterday and today and likely tomorrow are migraine days. I barely slept last night. Pain and nausea... yippee. I am a bit miffed, too, because yesterday and today are really the only two days this break that I have a smidgen of time to do what I *feel* like doing instead of what I have to do :(

Oh well, head down and stay the course. I am going to try to finish the Bonhoeffer bio today though. A good hour or two and I should be done. Knowing I am not in jail and waiting for execution is also good for putting things in perspective :D

I also need to get everything lined up for next week's school. I want to hit the ground running this term.

((Prairie))

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

Collections - I think I can safely say I have a book collection.  I also have some of my Grandmother's china - so you might say I have a china collection.  And thanks to dh taking kids to chess tournaments every weekend when they were little we also have a trophy collection.  My kitchen table is still covered with trophies (not even half of the whole lot) thanks to the basement flood a month ago.  Today might be the day to find a new place for them.  

Sometimes bowling alleys have donated trophies to give out to children who do bowling leagues.

I have several collections, but mostly they come out at Christmas (Boyds Bears Nicks, Christmas plates, Nativities, Jim Shore figures, 12 Days of Christmas flotsam and jetsam). I used to have quite a few teapots, but I have lost interest in them...not in tea, you understand, but collecting teapots. :-)

• Like 7

I am going to strangle the neighbor dog soon if the kids over don't stop winding him up.  YAP!  YAP!  YAP!  YAP!  YAP!  YAP!  YAP!  YAP!  Very high and painfully shrill.  It's a big dog, playing with one or more of their kids.

Give it a rest, already!

• Like 4

I wanted to eat chocolate chip cookies for lunch but alas they were not gluten free.  I'm saved from more junk by the fact that they are not gluten free.

Ditto to that.

I had to apologize to Gymnast today about not being consistent with her school work and promised her I'd do better.

And that. :D

Don't some of y'all like Percy Jackson books? Will a 13 year old, who liked Harry Potter, like them?

My guys like them. They are not the same, but they are appreciated as fun reading.

It's 68 here with a high of 74 today. I really dislike living in the south.

Yes, when I wake up to negative digits, I can see how a balmy 74 would upset you, lol.

Oh, my. I am reading a paper that reminds me of the worst time of Dancer's dyslexic life as far as spelling. But, by this age (high school), she was much, much better. It's breaking my brain.

Did you know that the Spanish word for puzzle is "rompecabeza" which literally means "break head/brain"?

Yeah, that.

I am now incorporating the word rompecabeza into my everyday vocabulary...

Matt said that I'm getting really fat and then mooed at me. Well, actually he kindly told me that I was gaining weight. But either way I should do something about that.

Them's fightin' words. I think we need to rompe Matt's cabeza :lol:

• Like 4

:grouphug: Heather. Hopefully your migraine will go away and you will be able to enjoy some of today.

AMJ, I hope you don't get a migraine from the annoying neighbor dog.

They finally stopped.  Either they got tired, or cold (a cold front has come through), or someone inside their own house got tired of the piercing racket.

I'm not ready for our own winter break to end yet, but I AM ready for the neighbor kids to go back to school.

• Like 1

:lol:

And I am glad to see that Ellie has not given up on tea (snickering) Ahem.

Oh, of course she hasn't!  We all know how regal a beverage tea is, don't we?

It does put a different spin on all of those high teas and tea parties and so forth, doesn't it?

It does, lol. And you guys have invaded my irl world enough that I find myself silently giggling when a friend comes over and we talk about tea. So much material, so little time.

"Would you like some tea?"

"I really shouldn't."

"Oh come one, just a little won't hurt."

"Oh all right, as long as I get home in time."

A bad teeny bopper movie waiting to happen :lol:

• Like 5

Yes, when I wake up to negative digits, I can see how a balmy 74 would upset you, lol.

I absolutely love cold weather. I love the control it gives me. If I get cold I can put on more clothes, grab a blanket, or get moving. If I get hot all I can do is sit around and pant like a dog. We are outdoorsy people so being stuck inside because of the heat is it's own special form of hell. (From experience, we will hike in anything -10 F or above.)

• Like 2

And I ran out again. Use them as fast as I get them. Time for second cup. History planning requires a second cup.

I concur. I think I will be sending dh out to get me some. Maybe it will help kill the migraine so I can do some history planning, lol. I think coffee tastes better when someone else makes it... like most things :D

• Like 1

I absolutely love cold weather. I love the control it gives me. If I get cold I can put on more clothes, grab a blanket, or get moving. If I get hot all I can do is sit around and pant like a dog. We are outdoorsy people so being stuck inside because of the heat is it's own special form of hell. (From experience, we will hike in anything -10 F or above.)

Lol. I was totally kidding. Right now, it isn't bad. It is in an interminably long March and April that I long for balmy.

You are right though... no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing. He hee.

But, I get cold so easily that I can be piled with sweats and blankets and still be shivering. That's when I use dh as a heating blanket or employ Tabata. Jumping jacks help.

• Like 1

You are right though... no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing. He hee.

I don't know. 100F with 90+humidity is pretty doggone bad weather. Add mosquitoes, biting flies and an astonishing variety of ticks to give you everything from an infected bite to a serious illness...yeah, it's just pretty bad. 

• Like 4

After I called a mail-order pharmacy yesterday to cancel an auto-filled prescription I didn't need anymore I got an email that they have charged my card and are sending the next batch.  I called today to ask about this.  It turns out the order was processed the day before I called to cancel, and someone simply didn't put the shipping info into the computer until after my call yesterday.   :mad:   I now get to wait until the package arrives, call the pharmacy again for a return label, and wait for Fed Ex to pick up the return package again on the next business day (Tuesday or later).  Once it's returned THEN the pharmacy will reverse the claim on my card.

Customer service today gets points for handling an unpleasant situation (admitting the company's failure) with grace.  

• Like 3

I just remembered. We have no school on Monday. The boys have dentist appointments. This sort of throws off my plans that I detailed for six weeks. Hm. I shall adjust on the fly.

After I had so carefully reworked the year's plan a month or two back I now get to tweak every week again to fit in art classes and dance class.  They are worth it, though!

• Like 3

I don't know. 100F with 90+humidity is pretty doggone bad weather. Add mosquitoes, biting flies and an astonishing variety of ticks to give you everything from an infected bite to a serious illness...yeah, it's just pretty bad. 

I SO agree.

• Like 3

It does put a different spin on all of those high teas and tea parties and so forth, doesn't it?

It does, lol. And you guys have invaded my irl world enough that I find myself silently giggling when a friend comes over and we talk about tea. So much material, so little time.

"I really shouldn't."

Alas, most of my friends are not able to drop by for a cup of tea, because they're either old, work full time, or still have little persons at home who don't appreciate tea. :glare: Also, I have discovered that if I have hot tea with cream once or twice a day for several days, my hands hurt. So I have resorted to an herbal tea morning and evening, saving the tea-with-cream for actual Tea, which is a rarity [see above]. I think my next Tea will be in the spring. Unless I can do one for Valentine's Day. Is it weird to have a Tea on Valentine's Day?

• Like 2

Alas, most of my friends are not able to drop by for a cup of tea, because they're either old, work full time, or still have little persons at home who don't appreciate tea. :glare: Also, I have discovered that if I have hot tea with cream once or twice a day for several days, my hands hurt. So I have resorted to an herbal tea morning and evening, saving the tea-with-cream for actual Tea, which is a rarity [see above]. I think my next Tea will be in the spring. Unless I can do one for Valentine's Day. Is it weird to have a Tea on Valentine's Day?

Tea on Valentine's Day is a tradition with one of my friends. It's held mid-afternoon, and she has a Jane Austen theme.

I'm drinking Throat Coat and paying bills. 

We had a tree removal service here yesterday. They took down 14 trees in our backyard. And, they left logs, etc. everywhere to clean up today.   They still aren't here yet today to finish up. Thankfully, I haven't paid them.  I'm calling at noon if they aren't here by then.

SaveSave

• Like 4

I am in customer service heck.  I received a letter informing me I have to switch over to mail order (one particular mail order pharmacy) for all of the "maintenance meds" -- basically everything my endo prescribed me.  I have called the number on the letter to ask why these meds, which continue to change with each endo visit, are considered "maintenance meds".  The guy who answered keeps asking the same questions over and over because I don't have a standard reason for calling and it doesn't follow his script.  After making me spell EVERY medication more than once he put me on hold to go ask.  Then he came back to tell me I'm supposed to switch over to mail order on those.  I repeated that these are NOT stable dosages yet, and he put me on hold again.  And came back to tell me I should ask my doctor why he keeps changing my medication, and get my medications through mail order.

I am now on hold AGAIN after I told him I KNOW why my doctor is changing my meds and I need to talk to someone ON THEIR END as to why my meds are labeled "maintenance" when they are not.

Shoot me now.

After more than 35 minutes on the phone the result is "you have to talk to your benefits office directly".

Instead I called my doc to ask for their help in handling my prescription refills between now and my Feb. appointment.  They have a way to do this, thankfully.  They have also asked me to email them a copy of the letter I received, and informed me that their office has been bought out by a hospital/medical juggernaut in this area.  She will be sending me the new paperwork all of their patients get to fill out.

Right now all this has me blinking.  At least I can stop banging my head and calling unhelpful customer service numbers.

• Like 1

I....I... I have no response to that! 

I know, this board has just put my mind in the gutter.

"I really shouldn't."

oh, no kidding! 

I read Old Man and the Sea the other day. Have I mentioned that I love Hemingway? Fur realz.

I'm sorry. I just can't handle Hemmingway. I read the first chapter of "Farewell to Arms" about 6 times, just didn't get what was going on and never picked up a Hemmongway novel again.  

I think a Valentine's Tea Party sounds wonderful!
  • Like 4

After more than 35 minutes on the phone the result is "you have to talk to your benefits office directly".

Instead I called my doc to ask for their help in handling my prescription refills between now and my Feb. appointment. They have a way to do this, thankfully. They have also asked me to email them a copy of the letter I received, and informed me that their office has been bought out by a hospital/medical juggernaut in this area. She will be sending me the new paperwork all of their patients get to fill out.

Right now all this has me blinking. At least I can stop banging my head and calling unhelpful customer service numbers.

And still... they insist on calling themselves Customer SERVICE. I can never figure that out.
  • Like 1

True. Come to think of it, I only use this phrase in winter, never in August, lol.

• Like 1

We had a tree removal service here yesterday. They took down 14 trees in our backyard. And, they left logs, etc. everywhere to clean up today. They still aren't here yet today to finish up. Thankfully, I haven't paid them. I'm calling at noon if they aren't here by then.

Save

Save

We've had some trees removed and it's like a field trip. But in our house. Those guys are amazing, they can take down a large tree, grind it up, grind the stump, sweep up and leave all in about 15-20 minutes. It's like clockwork!

I thinking having tea is pretty common on Valentine's Day :D

I like Republic of Tea Turmeric Ginger Green. I use almond milk, though. I got hooked on cream in tea when we were in Ireland for our honeymoon, but dairy is not good for me. So almond milk. It is not the same, but I will live, lol.

You are invited to my house for tea anytime. I will even give you some nice honey to go with it. And a comfy chair. And a blanket:-)

• Like 5

I have gotten dressed, started the d/w, started laundry, cleared off and dusted the top of a couple book shelves to put the shorter trophies there.  I have gone back through trophies to make sure we knew whose they were and marked them with a sharpie and then put the shorter ones on top of book shelf.  I now have half a kitchen table back - space enough to do the checkbook and bills which I plan to do soon.  We have also taken down the tree and put all Christmas stuff away and vacuumed the area previously occupied by said tree.  Yay!  Now I'm having a snack and some decaf.  Woo-hoo!

It's a gettin' things done BOOYAH!!!!!  

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 6

I....I... I have no response to that! I know, this board has just put my mind in the gutter. oh, no kidding! I'm sorry. I just can't handle Hemmingway. I read the first chapter of "Farewell to Arms" about 6 times, just didn't get what was going on and never picked up a Hemmongway novel again.

I understand. I don't know why I like him, but I do. Maybe it's because he lets me box all the feelings and not feel badly about it. I am not sure. I am weird:-)

I have sent the boy to the coffee shop in town to get me caffeine. On his skateboard. I will be taking bets on whether the coffee arrives home in the cup or on his person :lol:

• Like 6