Menu

Ignore this thread!

:seeya:   Howdy!  And a belated Merry Christmas to you all!  I was sooooo intent on Merry Christmasing the ITT first thing in the morning, but then I was up until 3am wrapping gifts while watching A Christmas Story marathon.  So I was a zombie until, well, today.

So, Merry Christmas, Everyone!  And especially our Great ITT Founder!

And because I know you all are dying to know: as of 15 minutes ago, my garage is now clean.  Remember how it has been not-clean since something like MAY?? When our faucet leaked a small pond into the crawlspace? Well, Dh spent three months of weekends building a shed, allowing me to dump the overflow from the garage into the new shed so that I could dump the overflow from the now unreliably-dry crawlspace into the garage.  And now I can park my van back in the garage where it belongs, just in time for a potential snow storm tomorrow.  Plus, I've konmaried a whole ton of stuff that just wasn't bringing me the joy.  :thumbup1:

• Like 13

If you go long enough without making dinner everyone just eats cereal. It's science.

Actually, apart from Christmas turkey, I haven't made dinner since...... December 13th, I think??? 

I'm pretty sure that's when the stomach bug started.  The Epic Four-Day-Worse-Than-Death-Stomach-Bug.  We all got it in the end.  7/7: Stomach Bug.  A sweep.  So for two weeks no one wanted to eat anyway.  

Gosh, it makes me green again just thinking about it.   :ack2:

• Like 7

Actually, apart from Christmas turkey, I haven't made dinner since...... December 13th, I think???

I'm pretty sure that's when the stomach bug started. The Epic Four-Day-Worse-Than-Death-Stomach-Bug. We all got it in the end. 7/7: Stomach Bug. A sweep. So for two weeks no one wanted to eat anyway.

Gosh, it makes me green again just thinking about it. :ack2:

Congratulations on your weight loss!

:party:

• Like 8

:seeya:   Howdy!  And a belated Merry Christmas to you all!  I was sooooo intent on Merry Christmasing the ITT first thing in the morning, but then I was up until 3am wrapping gifts while watching A Christmas Story marathon.  So I was a zombie until, well, today.

So, Merry Christmas, Everyone!  And especially our Great ITT Founder!

And because I know you all are dying to know: as of 15 minutes ago, my garage is now clean.  Remember how it has been not-clean since something like MAY?? When our faucet leaked a small pond into the crawlspace? Well, Dh spent three months of weekends building a shed, allowing me to dump the overflow from the garage into the new shed so that I could dump the overflow from the now unreliably-dry crawlspace into the garage.  And now I can park my van back in the garage where it belongs, just in time for a potential snow storm tomorrow.  Plus, I've konmaried a whole ton of stuff that just wasn't bringing me the joy.  :thumbup1:

HI, DUCKY!!!!   :seeya:  :seeya:  :seeya:

• Like 3

I'm pretty sure that's when the stomach bug started.  The Epic Four-Day-Worse-Than-Death-Stomach-Bug.  We all got it in the end.  7/7: Stomach Bug.  A sweep.  So for two weeks no one wanted to eat anyway.  

Gosh, it makes me green again just thinking about it.   :ack2:

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 2

Hi Quackers! Our garage has not seen clean since the day we moved in almost 8 years ago. I won't go in there unless it's an emergency. :D

AMJ freezes the fancy juice. Could be an episode of Veronica Mars.

I was doing much better (with cranky pants and special chocolate) and accomplished a few things until some neighbor kids came to play. They were playing nicely but just loud and exuberantly for a very long time. I tried to get some work done but then one of the moms came and was chatty and then dd10 came home with a new Hamster ("Snowball") and that extended the crazy beyond what my nerves could handle.

Then it was after 5pm and people started asking what was for dinner. Like they hadn't eaten just a few hours ago. I wish I'd thought of the cereal option. Dinner was made and eaten and now I have banished everyone to watch the boobtube so I can sit and listen to ds21 practice his bass and look up books on the library website.

• Like 8

Oh! You mean we're supposed to do it more than once????

Not if you're a single woman living in a 600 square foot apartment.

I did it once as perscribed and got everything put back by category and that was life changing, but I still do individual categories as needed which is super easy because of the original Konmarie event.

Hah!  Tonight we watched the Disney live(ish) action Alice Through the Looking Glass (which is NOTHING like I remember the book being).  DH was saying afterwards he preferred the Johnny Depp Hatter to the guy who played it in this movie.  I got to point out Johnny Depp's name in the ending credits.  Roll reversal!  Usually it's DH telling me instead of me telling DH.

Now it is bedtime.  The kids will peruse the cookbooks with me tomorrow and decide what THEY will fix for supper, then we will shop for any ingredients we don't already have on hand.  I like this plan.

Though I still have to clean out the fridge.

Goodnight, my dearies!  Have a good day, Isabel!

• Like 3

Hah!  Tonight we watched the Disney live(ish) action Alice Through the Looking Glass (which is NOTHING like I remember the book being).  DH was saying afterwards he preferred the Johnny Depp Hatter to the guy who played it in this movie.  I got to point out Johnny Depp's name in the ending credits.  Roll reversal!  Usually it's DH telling me instead of me telling DH.

The only similarities between the book and the movie are that there are some of the same characters and there are mirrors. Otherwise, nope. Nada. Nil.

Also, you get points for pointing.

• Like 4