Menu

Ignore this thread!

I ran errands this morning.  Including the AFSA.  I picked up our late Christmas photo cards and 2 ornament storage boxes.  And ran other errands with oldest to lift license restrictions and deal with banking issues.  Youngest has practiced violin.  Now I need to reboot laundry and the to-do list.  itired.

We are all supposed to be on "break", right?

• Like 2

For some reason my nerves are all jangly this morning.  I have soft instrumental music on to soothe my fevered nerves.  It isn't stress  since I don't have anything that I'm particularly worried about and I don't have any particular deadlines.  Probably stoopid hormones. 

Could be weather approaching, or it could be a reaction to some shock waves going through the earth from a quake elsewhere.  Are others edgier today?  Are the animals behaving a bit oddly?

Ok, I'm freaking out right now! I just picked up my next Harry Bosch book. - "Lost Light". It's written in first person. All the others are written in third person. It is too weird. I had to put it down and get my bearings. Aaaack! I do not think I'm going to feel comfortable being inside Harry's head.

Thanks for the heads-up.  I'll adjust before starting that one.

• Like 1

I used to think this way -- preserve the book. I would carefully underline in light pencil when studying so I could erase it later, and not use highlighters in my textbooks.

I'm teasing, really. :D I'm not trying to preserve the books, I just never have any thoughts to write down while I'm reading. I have lots of thoughts to write down when I'm in my book discussion group, but it's just easier to write notes in my journal or on a notecard. I write inscriptions in all the books I give my kids.

It's a Book Writing Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eleven hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started s'venteen months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! (Heather)

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 8

I finished cleaning out the large basket in the closet and the general area. I found a sleeveless black turtleneck that I have been missing for two years, and also a nice fluttery-sleeved red blouse that I apparently purchased at the thrift store but have never worn, judging from the tag still hanging from the side. I washed all the bed and table linens and have made spare pillowcase distributions.

Tomorrow I may be persuaded to take dd10 to the petstore to buy a new hamster. I'll also see if I can get dh to brave the returns department at AFSA. :D

• Like 5

2,000 miles round trip and we are home again. We listened to 1.5 audiobooks. I had my van detailed today for $30 plus $10 tip as a Christmas present to myself and she hasn't looked this good for at least a decade.

Christmas was eventful--due to sick extended family we spent it in a hotel, unexpectedly, which happened to be undergoing remodeling. My family member decided that they will get married in our small hometown rather than at the international destination (to my relief). And, the usual squabbles over the usual issues all happened around me. I was not a part of that. I am happy to be home far, far, away.

Tomorrow shall be full of laundry, chocolate, and planning my backyard landscaping.

• Like 10

Well, it HAS been a year and half! It's about time you've come back and laid claim. :P

I was trying to kind of skim through and see if there was any coherence to it, and it's literally a thread about anything and everything! Possibly the best thing I've created beyond my children! [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 13

Good Wednesday Morning!  

Yay for the return of Mommy2BeautifulGirls! - you're going to need a shorter nickname.

Have we seem Isabel this week?  Did she get sucked into a Christmas vortex?  

Prairie - Welcome Home - let the chocolate consumption, lounging, backyard planning begin!

I hate the holiday swim practice schedule - early mornings -ugh!  We didn't go yesterday because it started at 6:45.  At least today is at 8:45, but still - yuck.  I mean if students are gone (at the university), why are we stuck with these crazy times instead of the normal schedule - surely no one needs the pool in the evening.  But coaches emails seem to indicate that these are the only times we can get the pool.  (insert more whining and complaining)

COFFEE!!!

• Like 7

Good Morning!

Swim teams need to have practice during lunch hour, and provide lunch for the drivers. A fancy lunch, with fruit sculptures and smoked salmon!

Toy tubs. I have to do the toy tubs today. After putting away the laundry.

Three cheers for The Founder! And Welcome!

How are you doing, Dawn?

Coffee!

• Like 7

I go away for a few months and come back to find THIS?!?!?

Lo!  The wondrous creation you have spawned!

Hark!  The truly astounding community that has grown!

Oy vey!  That's a BIG baby!

"Ignore this thread" -- we just couldn't resist!  Thank you so much!!!!

• Like 4

I was trying to kind of skim through and see if there was any coherence to it, and it's literally a thread about anything and everything! Possibly the best thing I've created beyond my children! [emoji12]

It has become a wonderful community of online friends who have been there for all the moments shared.  SWB even popped in herself once or twice to see what was up, and she hasn't shut us down yet!

All hail Mommy2BeautifulGirls, Mother of ITT!   :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

• Like 8

Good Wednesday Morning!  

Yay for the return of Mommy2BeautifulGirls! - you're going to need a shorter nickname.

Have we seem Isabel this week?  Did she get sucked into a Christmas vortex?  

Prairie - Welcome Home - let the chocolate consumption, lounging, backyard planning begin!

I hate the holiday swim practice schedule - early mornings -ugh!  We didn't go yesterday because it started at 6:45.  At least today is at 8:45, but still - yuck.  I mean if students are gone (at the university), why are we stuck with these crazy times instead of the normal schedule - surely no one needs the pool in the evening.  But coaches emails seem to indicate that these are the only times we can get the pool.  (insert more whining and complaining)

COFFEE!!!

We should just call her Mom.

• Like 4

If only I had time to go through and read over 3000 pages of babble!!!

76,000 posts and counting!!!!

Our Mom has checked in once again

to find her thread DID never end!

The growth and d'velopment of unexpected family

has, we hope, filled her heart with unbridled glee

All hail Mom of ITT!!!!

I forgot the most important part:  HUGS!!!!    :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 8

76,000 posts and counting!!!!

Our Mom has checked in once again

to find her thread DID never end!

The growth and d'velopment of unexpected family

has, we hope, filled her heart with unbridled glee

All hail Mom of ITT!!!!

I forgot the most important part: HUGS!!!! :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

You're gonna make me cry!!!

• Like 8

Ok, the caffeine is starting to take effect. I am waking up!

Boooo on early morning swim practice. Completely unreasonable.

Boooo on Lana getting sick!

Booo on improper grocery storage techniques,

Yay to the reappearance of "the founder of our feast" (was that a line from A Christmas Carol? I think so!)

Yay to planning the next six weeks!

I am getting my hair done this morning. Gotta keep those grays at bay. Dh has off today and then back to work tomorrow. We're taking the kids to a movie. We're gonna see "Sing", which I think will be good. Yesterday I got caught up on my budget and prepared my spreadsheets for next year (all expenditures are categorized and listed on an Excel spreadsheet, a technique o finally perfected for our family). I also want to work on my bullet journal.

• Like 10

Last night I ate meat for the first time in two months.  (Actually, I cheated once when I found gf supreme pizza at the grocery store.)  I was hoping that it would make a difference with regard to my arthritis and migraines.  It didn't seem to help, so I decided to add meat back onto my menu.

• Like 11

Someone in this house opened a box of cereal upside down and tore the inner bag nearly in half of a cereal that already had an identical open box in the cabinet. Why? No one in this house is blind! And socks! Would it kill anyone to unbunch their socks before putting them in the laundry basket? Humph. I need the Cranky Pantz!

• Like 10

Someone in this house opened a box of cereal upside down and tore the inner bag nearly in half of a cereal that already had an identical open box in the cabinet. Why? No one in this house is blind! And socks! Would it kill anyone to unbunch their socks before putting them in the laundry basket? Humph. I need the Cranky Pantz! 

I wish that people in my house would not refuse to eat the last spoonful of cereal in the box before opening another box of the same kind. As for the wadded up socks--I wash them wadded up and let the offender deal with the fallout. :D They eventually got tired of unwadding their own socks.

• Like 6

I wish that people in my house would not refuse to eat the last spoonful of cereal in the box before opening another box of the same kind. As for the wadded up socks--I wash them wadded up and let the offender deal with the fallout. :D They eventually got tired of unwadding their own socks.

IKR? If you simply CANNOT eat that last spoonful, at least throw it away!

• Like 4