Menu

Ignore this thread!

My young cat just jumped up onto the kitchen stove and hit a hot burner with one foot. Thankfully it was on low, and she is running around happily on the foot, but foolish cat! If somebody gave me a quarter for every time I've gotten onto her about getting up on the counters, I'd be a good hundred dollars richer than I am right now. I've checked it and she doesn't even seem sore, but it will bear watching for the next few days.

• Like 3

Hmm...

It seems that I wear more sweaters that the rest of y'all.  I currently have four sweaters drying.

I wear sweaters daily in this weather. But, since I'm so uncivilized with little flat space not already covered with something, I have nothing to offer.

• Like 4

My young cat just jumped up onto the kitchen stove and hit a hot burner with one foot. Thankfully it was on low, and she is running around happily on the foot, but foolish cat! If somebody gave me a quarter for every time I've gotten onto her about getting up on the counters, I'd be a good hundred dollars richer than I am right now. I've checked it and she doesn't even seem sore, but it will bear watching for the next few days.

Ouch.  How scary!  Did the kitty seem to know that it was hot? 

• Like 2

Ouch.  How scary!  Did the kitty seem to know that it was hot? 

She knew it when she touched it. But it was set so low that it was dark, and there wasn't anything to show it was warm. Then again, she might have just jumped up from the floor and landed on it. She's quite bad about counters.

She's been up on my lap and she's putting full weight on the hurt foot. Right now she's appreciating the ninja elephant blanket, a.k.a. "the blanket of heaven".

• Like 7

Dd14 and ds12 want to combine their Amazon gift funds to buy Dungeons and Dragons, which they have played with a neighbor. Having grown up in the 70 & 80's pentacostal movement, I have a deeply seated fear that playing this game will lead to Satanism and suicide. 🙄 Dh has assured me there is nothing inherently evil about the game.

My friends in college and I used to play that regularly!  We have no horns, as far as I can tell, and we are all rather determined to live for a long, long time.  I think it is safe.   :laugh:

• Like 4

I understand.  When my oldest was first introduced to magic cards I nixed it at the time.  Now all my kids (except 8yo dd) have magic cards and play, etc.  It's okay.  Trust your dh.  

I used to play Magic, too, though my BFF and I played according to adjusted, let's-prolong-the-game type of rules.

Now my family and I are rather hooked on Munchkin.  And Exploding Kittens (the card game, not actual kitties!).

Hey, it's a what-games-we-play booya(h)!

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 6

Laundry Question:  What do you lay your sweaters on to allow them to dry?  I have some stacking mesh racks and I hate them.

We installed a closet rod over the big garden tub in the master bath -- it was seldom used for bathing after the kids got too big to share it.  I had hanging mesh racks that we would hang from it.  Now I rarely need to lay something flat to dry, so when I do I lay out some towels on a bed and put it there.  If it's still damp at bedtime it goes onto a spot of floor that isn't in a pathway to a door.  I make sure to turn the item over from time to time to aid in drying fully.

• Like 3

DH and the kids tried to come home before certain other family's gift exchanges today, but they were told to stay.  Other family bought presents for our kids, in direct contravention of the agreement regarding inter-family presents.

I love my extended family, but now I feel extra bad!  Not only did we not have gifts to give in return, but I didn't even go today!  Phooey.

• Like 1

My friends in college and I used to play that regularly! We have no horns, as far as I can tell, and we are all rather determined to live for a long, long time. I think it is safe. :laugh:

Whew! Well, I will rest easy.

I got dd14 Exploding Kittens for Christmas, and the kids have had fun playing the past couple days.

I am a barbarian and dry sweaters in the dryer on low heat with the rest of the laundry.

• Like 9

DH and the kids tried to come home before certain other family's gift exchanges today, but they were told to stay. Other family bought presents for our kids, in direct contravention of the agreement regarding inter-family presents.

I love my extended family, but now I feel extra bad! Not only did we not have gifts to give in return, but I didn't even go today! Phooey.

That would drive me nuts!

Dh's family tried to regulate gift giving one year. It was a disaster. Essentially, everyone agreed in September that no gifts were to be given between the families. But a couple of the families DID get gifts for everyone. We gave Christmas cards with a tiny ornament taped to the card. We accepted gifts that were given and no one cared one way or the other, but the family that initiated the "no gift" idea refused to accept any gifts and sat sulking on the sofa all night. It was not a pleasant night!

• Like 4

I like big chunks as opposed to random selections.

It's okay. This is for those who like to have a free selection of random selections. :) Some are longer than others, because there is a range of those who will be doing the copying.

I'm having a hard time finding a nice cursive font. The ones I've installed, I can't figure out how to access them. I plan to do the four scriptures (one per week) in print and cursive. 

• Like 5

I done three loads of laundry. Two loads have been folded and put away. I helped the twins clean their room and put Christmas presents away. I cooked supper and cleaned up dishes. My kitchen sink is completely empty. :hurray: I placed three online orders: Amazon, old navy and Victoria's secret. My sense of accomplishment has been hanging around lately. ;) (It will most likely vanish completely in a couple of days and overwhelming despair will replace it.)

I usually dry sweaters on delicate in the dryer or toss them over a closet door.

• Like 8

We're back. Christmas 2016 is officially in the books. Had a good afternoon with DH's family. They're all good people. I always leave exhausted, but that's because my temperment does not like making conversation with people all afternoon. But my sisters-in-law are all pretty much "non-small-talk" people, so I have good conversations with them. And I ate waaaaaay too many of these chocolate mint thingies my sister-in-law had laying around. Now, I have to clean up the kitchen. Ugh!

• Like 8

DH and the kids tried to come home before certain other family's gift exchanges today, but they were told to stay. Other family bought presents for our kids, in direct contravention of the agreement regarding inter-family presents.

I love my extended family, but now I feel extra bad! Not only did we not have gifts to give in return, but I didn't even go today! Phooey.

I'm sorry. I hate it when people do that. We decided not to do anything as adults for DH's family and everyone stuck with that. They're all pretty good at that. Although I sometimes do things like give people baked goods. I don't feel like that counts. But this year I didn't even do that. Somehow, the time just slipped away.
  • Like 4

I take mine down.....when I feel like it. It's the one thing I don't put pressure on myself to do, or feel like there's some tradition involved.

Ikr? Here, there's no pressure. One neighbor kept their lights up all year. We did too, but we didn't turn them on - they did, though. Our lights were turned on until the end of January, maybe February...? Don't remember. It's somewhere in the ITT archive.

• Like 4

I need to decide on a useful project for tomorrow. I could get started on the pantry, which was tidy at the beginning of the school year but is now a disaster. Or I could organize the hated kitchen corner cabinet. Or I could sort through the large basket in my closet, toss stuff that should be tossed, and straighten the rest. Or I could do history and literature planning for the remaining chapters of SOTW.

• Like 3

There's a giant structure taking up my living room. There are these balls with holes used to connect little pipes. It's not as cool as pvc pipes, but a good in between with our limited space. Since we replaced the kids bedding we let them have the sheets to use on their structures.

• Like 6

I need to decide on a useful project for tomorrow. I could get started on the pantry, which was tidy at the beginning of the school year but is now a disaster. Or I could organize the hated kitchen corner cabinet. Or I could sort through the large basket in my closet, toss stuff that should be tossed, and straighten the rest. Or I could do history and literature planning for the remaining chapters of SOTW.

Do the one that bothers you the most frequently. Or have 7 cups of coffee and do all of it.

• Like 6

I think I would do the planning thing. I like planning. And drink the 7 cups of coffee like Slashie suggested. Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5

Dancer was showing dh how to sharpen the knives this morning. She got a knife sharpener (manual) from a friend in one of her baking classes).

My uncle used to carry around a stone with him and (seemingly, at the time) randomly sharpen people's knives. All I remember is a circular motion and a lot of spit!

• Like 5

Tomorrow I am going to the funeral of my old high school teacher. My BFF was supposed to go with me, but now she can't so I guess I'll go alone. I hate doing things alone. DH is off work tomorrow, so he's staying home with the kids. I wouldn't ask him to go anyway. He never even knew Mr. H and it's a vacation day for him. He's got things he wants to do. So, I'm thinking I'll just go to the service and skip the luncheon, unless I run into someone I can hang out with.

• Like 5

My husband got me two books for Christmas. I read them both today. He was a little surprised by that. I am not sure why.

I got a couple of books for Christmas, too. One of them is "The Heart of the Home" by Susan Branch, which I completely reveled in. I just love the way she views life. I want to go out and pick flowers to dry and then send them to friends. I want to build a little guest house thingie in my back yard and then have some guests.
  • Like 4

I love Rocky a lot. And I spend a lot of time trying to take care of him in the best way. But he has squatted and pee'd on my carpet for the third day in a row. Yes, I treat the spots with Nature's Miracle every time but grrrr. He's just been checked by the vet so I'm fairly sure that a UTI isn't the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I love Rocky a lot. And I spend a lot of time trying to take care of him in the best way. But he has squatted and pee'd on my carpet for the third day in a row. Yes, I treat the spots with Nature's Miracle every time but grrrr. He's just been checked by the vet so I'm fairly sure that a UTI isn't the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stress from Christmas. If I'm right it will stop soon.
  • Like 1