Menu

Ignore this thread!

Hi Gals! I'm back from Convention! Had a wonderful time. Ate very well (went to a British Pub last night), listened to some awesome seminars (I have struggled with writing with my oldest two and I went to 4 seminars from the same gal on teaching writing, it was very simple, straight forward and doable), and had a great time with BFF (spent the whole evening last night in our jammies watching Hawaii 5-0, going through our convention literature and solving all the world's problems!).

• Like 11

Caffeine, Baby! Yeah!

What a wild adventure last night--didn't get home until 10, because some family members of mine had to be rescued from under a bridge. The had been out attempting a float trip (you can't float little rivers over here in the summer), dehydrated from doing the portage all day and then they got caught in a torrential thunderstorm and almost froze to death after heat stroke all day. I need to check up on them this morning and make sure they are recovered. 

Did some writing yesterday, but not enough.

I have a patient from work at home with me. Best and quietest little dog ever--I've taken home a few that were pretty rowdy once they got to feeling better, but this one is a perfect angel. She's a bit tired of the whole sick dog thing and wants to go home. Thus the extra-good-doggie-pretty-please thing, I think. :D

• Like 5

(For the 2nd night in a row, our lovely cat has come to wake me at 2am meowing incessantly.  Not sure what couldn't wait until 6:00.)

She could see a bare spot in the bottom of the food bowl? That constitutes a 2 am emergency to one of my cats.

• Like 4

Good Morning!

Coffee!

Church!

Then, I don't know what. I really need to figure out the rest of my summer since it seems to be waning rather quickly!

Coconut milk ice cream tastes like coconut.  I don't know why this took me by surprise.

You know, if you take some coconut icecream and put it in a glass and pour some pineapple Fanta over it... It's really good.  

:iagree:   I'm finally home long enough to get something done, but I'm too tired now.   :laugh:

I can understand that feeling. That's when I take the iPad and lay down on my bed. 

Also, after surviving VBS and then a week of sick kids and insanely late nights doing upcoming school/tutor/PG prep, loser Duck has over 1000 notifications from this thread alone. :svengo:

Which means she will not be ketchupping.   :crying:

However, a hearty howdy hug to all y'all!   (Did you like that alliteration there?  Only the best for the ITT.)

awwww, don't worry about ketchupping up! Just get the Cliff's Notes. Renai is also good at providing period summaries. 

Jean, I really can't understand that ad at all.    

I spent almost all of my Saturday alone.  My husband, and my youngest and oldest went caving,  THey are on their way home and will bring me home my dinner.    My first post on this long lasting thread,

welcome, Chris.   

I don't know if this irritates you, but you may have killed a kitten.   :hat:  :D

eeeek, Jean killed a kitten!  

Good Sunday Morning!

Dog - check

Cat - check

Coffee - brewing! 

(For the 2nd night in a row, our lovely cat has come to wake me at 2am meowing incessantly.  Not sure what couldn't wait until 6:00.)

We often have a black Tom come wandering through our back yard in the wee hours loudly announcing his presence.
  • Like 5

Coffee!

yes,of course!

Caffeine, Baby! Yeah!

What a wild adventure last night--didn't get home until 10, because some family members of mine had to be rescued from under a bridge. The had been out attempting a float trip (you can't float little rivers over here in the summer), dehydrated from doing the portage all day and then they got caught in a torrential thunderstorm and almost froze to death after heat stroke all day. I need to check up on them this morning and make sure they are recovered. 

. :D

oh so! Now that sounds like a crazy day! People like to float in our river, too. But the biggest issue there is getting drunk, falling or the raft or inner tube and drowning. :(  

She could see a bare spot in the bottom of the food bowl? That constitutes a 2 am emergency to one of my cats.

My eldery cat throws a hissy fit if she doesn't get fresh food every day. And she eats dry food. And there's nothing wrong with it. Sometimes I just pick up her bowl, shake it a little, set it down and say, "here's some fresh food for you Nikki" and she's good to go.   

I am awake. It is too hot for coffee.

Iced coffee, then?
  • Like 5

I'm home!

I saw a dead armadillo on the side of the road.

Way to go, Critter!

Dd was awesome in her musical revue performances and I survived having to chit-chat, smile, and wave at three of my least favorite people - these are the ones from my past year of craptasticity. I was able to entirely avoid one of the parents who had been harassing me.

Krissi, I believe cats planted that facebook post as part of their diabolical plot to do whatever it is they are plotting to do. Don't get sucked into their psychological games!

I am desperately behind, but the juxtaposition of these two statements just made me go " :scared: ."

• Like 6

I suppose what he's after could also constitute a valid cat emergency at 2 am.

ok, my initial thoughts on this would be highly inappropriate for a family message board. ;) Suffice it to say all my kitties are spayed, so he just continues on his way! Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2

I've listened to way too many Hank the Cowdog audiobooks. Whenever we see a dead armadillo, the usual response from the vehicle is, "Wallace and Junior need to get on that." :laugh:

ETA: It's a Critter on roadkill Booyah! I guess I do have an opinion on everything...

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 8

This may be sacrilege to say so, but cold coffee just doesn't sound appetizing to me. But, thanks. It's a good thing I can live without coffee.

You are a better woman than I am! But I actually don't mind drinking hot coffee, even when it is hot outside.
  • Like 3

I'm off coffee until our Whole#? is up because I can't put all of my horrible things in it. Tea!

Go Critter! Go Critter! Go! It's your birthday... wait, no. Um... Go Critter! Go Critter! Go!

I downloaded TickTick, a daily task manager. I can set reoccurring tasks on different schedules, due dates, priorities and it syncs with Google calendar, and Matt's phone.

• Like 6

Good morning (almost afternoon), everyone.  I must have eaten something that didn't agree with me -- or else I caught a stomach bug -- because I spent the bulk of yesterday either resting or tending to matters.  Today I'm putting away the clean dishes no one put away, cleaning up the dishes no one cleaned up, roasting jicama to try it out, and generally taking it easy because I'm fatiguing quickly.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

Good morning all! We were supposed to get our deposit back from our apartment several days ago and never did and they aren't returning our phone calls. :( Now I'm off to the conference and can't buy anything. :crying: I'm so bummed.

Hmm.....

Rocky slept like a puppy last night. I still don't know what the other night was about. We did have a thunderstorm a couple of hours later. I wonder if he sensed that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could very well be.  I used to get a bit wild as storms approached, too, though that has either died down or I moved away from the weather patterns that triggered it.  Animals are even more attuned to weather changes, so I do think it quite likely that Rocky picked up on the approaching storm.

I'm sorry Slache. It sounds like it's time to talk to the apartment manager in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, but he would have to be in the office for such things. He seems to find that difficult. He's actually the reason we moved. We haven't had a maintenance request honored in over 2 years.

Eta: One of the reasons. We had several.

Sounds like time to:

• threaten legal action -- perhaps talk to a lawyer or legal aide to see about getting a letter sent to the offender
  • report the problem to the BBB and any other agency that might influence the business
  • go online and start leaving negative reviews of the place everywhere you can

I'm not usually the litigious type but I have found that sometimes that IS what it takes to get someone to do what they should.  And I've also discovered the value of getting rather LOUD when I am displeased.

• Like 3

Oy my head hurts!

I have the TN state history binder ready and made extra copies for my youngest two for when they get to it in a couple of years. (Bonus points for planning ahead!)

I can't use the computer for a while (dh is turning off the breaker to install the kitchen table light) so next up is going through dd's history book and making a weekly history reading schedule for dd13.

It's an Oy Bonus History Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eleven hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This is the thread that never ends....

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:   Applause for all of it!

Except the hurting head.  Gentle hugs for the head ache.  :grouphug: :grouphug:

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 1

Coconut milk ice cream tastes like coconut.  I don't know why this took me by surprise. 

So does coconut yogurt.  Do NOT expect it to taste like yogurt.  Instead, expect a kind of coconut custard.  If you expect the right thing going in it tastes better.

• Like 2

NadaMoo, which is coconut milk, doesn't taste nearly as much like coconut milk as ISO does. It also has a more ice cream-like consistency, and more flavors.

A frozen treat many online seem to swear by is frozen bananas put through a food processor.  Instructions I have read (but not yet tried):

• peel ripe bananas
  • freeze ripe bananas
  • break up frozen ripe bananas and put into a food processor
  • pulse frozen bananas in a food processor (do NOT run it continuously, just keep pulsing)
  • Keep pulsing the frozen bananas
  • Just keep pulsing, just keep pulsing, just keep pulsing, etc.
  • eventually the frozen bananas go past the chopped up look, through the mashed mush look, and eventually start turning rather ice-creamy in texture
  • when it reaches this stage dish it up with whatever ice cream accompaniments you want/have/can eat.
  • Like 1

Ds sent me this Craig'slist ad to look at:  "Im selling my project was running rally good, but i was thonking to made an electric car, so remove fuel thank , so is on trunk now".   :svengo:

Just to be clear, ds did not write this.  And as far as I know, a homeschooled person did not write it.  (It could be someone who does not have English as his first language, though, which would make me more charitable.)

I spent almost all of my Saturday alone.  My husband, and my youngest and oldest went caving,  THey are on their way home and will bring me home my dinner.    My first post on this long lasting thread,

So far as I can tell the seller is likely not very fluent in English.  He (generic-don't-know-so-use-he "he", could be she) apparently pulled the fuel tank out of a car, intending to convert the car to electri-powered.  He has now abandoned this attempt and wants to sell the car.

I'd steer clear of this car, unless one is VERY good at reconstructing cars and has plenty of time and money to spend.  No telling what else he has done to it....

• Like 1

Hi, Chris!  Welcome here!  Welcome to the fun!

We used to try to get all newbies to read the entire thread, but at 1100+ pages I don't think we are that mean now....

:D

Expect silliness.

• Like 4

I'm home from work. I have started piling stuff on the dining table, which needs to be packed for the beach! One more day to work before we leave!

I trimmed the other half of the dog, and dc will bathe both dogs tomorrow.

Slache, glad your dad came through!

I just ate my supper. Peanuts.

Going to put clothes in the dryer. I forgot.

Why are you taking your dining room table to the beach?  (jk)

Yay, Slashie's dad!

For some reason I pictured you swallowing up Snoopy, Linus, and Schroeder, but only for a second (maybe even just a half-second).

*think think think*  nope, no wet things in our washer here.  Woohoo!

Hold on a sec -- that means no one did any household laundry yesterday when I wasn't feeling well, either.  Hmph, more for me to do when I'm on the mend.  How irritating.  I will ignore it instead and rest up while catching up here.  And eating roasted jicama.  Turns out roasted jicama is yummy!

No, spell check, I did not mean Jamaica.  *adds jicama to the spell check dictionary*

• Like 3

On homeschooling being protective, Slache.  :grouphug: The protective part isn't the sheltering (although that can be a comfort at times). The protective part is the chronic exposure to love, values, beauty, truth and valor. That's internal shielding, and a weapon against darkness of all shapes and sizes. 

This should go into the ITT Hall of Fame.

• Like 8

I don't know if this irritates you, but you may have killed a kitten.   :hat:  :D

Jeannie has a magic shield that comes into play whenever she is not quite up to par.  This shield prevents any unfortunate calamities from befalling upon kittens as a result of Jeannie's punctuational accidents due to being worn out.

This was a prudent safety precaution so Jeannie can focus on getting better and not be dragged into doldrums and isolation for fear of harming felicitous felines.

• Like 5

Good Sunday Morning!

Dog - check

Cat - check

Coffee - brewing! 

My cat had to be kept inside for a while this morning.  DH sprayed RoundUp on the persistent and spreading weeds taking over the crevasses in our driveway, and he caught her licking it up.  He tried shooing her away, but she kept sneaking back, so he carried her inside and told the rest of us why she couldn't go out for a bit.

• Like 2

More like the food that was there was more than 2 hours old and "tasted stale".  "Mom, I can't EAT this crud.  I'm hungry NOW."

• Like 3

ok, my initial thoughts on this would be highly inappropriate for a family message board. ;) Suffice it to say all my kitties are spayed, so he just continues on his way!

Mine is spayed, too, and old enough to be the across-the-street-neighbor orange tom's grandmother (or great-granny, even).  It doesn't stop him.  He's a sweety and we tolerated him just fine until he decided to bedeck our doorsteps with the aromatic element of his ardor.  That's when the spray bottles (water only) and squirt gun were deployed.

• Like 3

Woohoo, all caught up, and just in time!  The kids have now come into this room to play Just Dance.  Time for me to vacate for a bit to quieter surroundings.

Hmm, I need more lunch.  Time for protein....

• Like 1

Jeannie has a magic shield that comes into play whenever she is not quite up to par.  This shield prevents any unfortunate calamities from befalling upon kittens as a result of Jeannie's punctuational accidents due to being worn out.

This was a prudent safety precaution so Jeannie can focus on getting better and not be dragged into doldrums and isolation for fear of harming felicitous felines.

:cheers2: Hear, Hear!  I concur!

• Like 2

After two days of a liquid diet (due to tummy upset apparently caused by gluten), I almost fell on my face while singing in the choir.  Thankfully, I made it through the song and found the vending machine for peanuts and a 3 Musketeers.  Neither upset my stomach, so I was able to eat a light lunch!  Hooray for food!

• Like 5