Menu

Ignore this thread!

On homeschooling being protective, Slache. :grouphug: The protective part isn't the sheltering (although that can be a comfort at times). The protective part is the chronic exposure to love, values, beauty, truth and valor. That's internal shielding, and a weapon against darkness of all shapes and sizes.

That's beautiful!

Reminds me of my favorite (probably not actually G.K. Chesterton) quote about literature: “Fairy tales are more than true — not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be defeated.â€

• Like 8

I am home from work. It was my birthday, and we had root beer floats. I eat no GF cake that I don't bake myself, y'all. Picky, picky me. All my cabin mates at Camp NaNo wished me a happy birthday, and I had all my ITT birthday wishes, too. :001_wub: I got word that two of my kitty patients from last week went home feeling fine and doing well after treatment, and the day was light and didn't kill me today. My children are visiting with cousins, because my brother and his wife and kids drove up last night to surprise me for my birthday. And nothing bad happened so far (I have a long and well known history of having birthday bad days, so this is really good!)

On Pokemon Go. My kids get to play it when I get a fancy, schmancy phone for me. And when we no longer live in the hollow where the internet goes to die.

On McGyver-I approves.

On homeschooling being protective, Slache.  :grouphug: The protective part isn't the sheltering (although that can be a comfort at times). The protective part is the chronic exposure to love, values, beauty, truth and valor. That's internal shielding, and a weapon against darkness of all shapes and sizes. 

I wished you a pre-Happy Birthday, so now I will wish you a post-Happy Birthday!  Glad you had a nothing bad happened day!   :party:

The bolded is beautiful!  Thanks for posting that!

• Like 3

You know, if you guys took a little break from ITT you could put all your crap away.

Putting things away is not anywhere near the top of my priority list.  In fact, setting school stuff in a stack next to my desk IS put away from my point of view.  

Don't judge.  Or do if you want.  I don't care.  Except this is ITT where we're not supposed to do that.

• Like 6

I am really frustrated at life right now.  In the past 5 days I've only had two days where I got done what I wanted to get done.

I hear ya.  After a rather blah day yesterday today I slept quite late and woke with a rather unhappy tummy.

But I cleared most of my computer desk off this morning.  It was a good sit-in-one-place task I managed.  Now I have a full trash can, a to-file pile, a to-tend-to pile, and room to move the mouse AND type on the keyboard without having to shift stuff.  I feel so accomplished.

• Like 5

I am home from work. It was my birthday, and we had root beer floats. I eat no GF cake that I don't bake myself, y'all. Picky, picky me. All my cabin mates at Camp NaNo wished me a happy birthday, and I had all my ITT birthday wishes, too. :001_wub: I got word that two of my kitty patients from last week went home feeling fine and doing well after treatment, and the day was light and didn't kill me today. My children are visiting with cousins, because my brother and his wife and kids drove up last night to surprise me for my birthday. And nothing bad happened so far (I have a long and well known history of having birthday bad days, so this is really good!)

On Pokemon Go. My kids get to play it when I get a fancy, schmancy phone for me. And when we no longer live in the hollow where the internet goes to die.

On McGyver-I approves.

On homeschooling being protective, Slache.  :grouphug: The protective part isn't the sheltering (although that can be a comfort at times). The protective part is the chronic exposure to love, values, beauty, truth and valor. That's internal shielding, and a weapon against darkness of all shapes and sizes. 

Happy Birthday again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :party: :party:

Regarding what I bolded:  so very well said!

• Like 2

Putting things away is not anywhere near the top of my priority list.  In fact, setting school stuff in a stack next to my desk IS put away from my point of view.  

Don't judge.  Or do if you want.  I don't care.  Except this is ITT where we're not supposed to do that.

Oh, yeah, THAT'S where I put the homeschool stuff I started working on a few weeks ago.  *looks down to the pile on the floor next to the chair she is sitting in*

• Like 4

I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

Good morning all! We were supposed to get our deposit back from our apartment several days ago and never did and they aren't returning our phone calls. :( Now I'm off to the conference and can't buy anything. :crying: I'm so bummed.

I'm sorry Slache. It sounds like it's time to talk to the apartment manager in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, but he would have to be in the office for such things. He seems to find that difficult. He's actually the reason we moved. We haven't had a maintenance request honored in over 2 years.

Eta: One of the reasons. We had several.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 3

Oy my head hurts!

I have the TN state history binder ready and made extra copies for my youngest two for when they get to it in a couple of years. (Bonus points for planning ahead!)

I can't use the computer for a while (dh is turning off the breaker to install the kitchen table light) so next up is going through dd's history book and making a weekly history reading schedule for dd13.

It's an Oy Bonus History Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eleven hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 8

I have too much to do.  I don't want to do any of it.  It's my every day conundrum. 

There's that too. But I always feel that if I could just nap, I would either wake up and be all energetic and revitalized to do all the things, or it would turn out like Rip Van Winkle, and then I wouldn't care about any of the things. 

• Like 5

Coconut milk ice cream tastes like coconut.  I don't know why this took me by surprise. 

NadaMoo, which is coconut milk, doesn't taste nearly as much like coconut milk as ISO does. It also has a more ice cream-like consistency, and more flavors.

• Like 4

Also, after surviving VBS and then a week of sick kids and insanely late nights doing upcoming school/tutor/PG prep, loser Duck has over 1000 notifications from this thread alone. :svengo:

Which means she will not be ketchupping.   :crying:

However, a hearty howdy hug to all y'all!   (Did you like that alliteration there?  Only the best for the ITT.)  

• Like 9

My dad told me to tell him if I ever needed anything for school to let him know so I did and he gave me some spending money for the conference. I got 4 Usborne books, the RightStart games and RightStart place value cards. I wanted the Sonlight kindergarten Bible story book, but Sonlight wasn't there. :glare: I wanted the Amish readers, but Timberdoodle wasn't there. :glare: I wanted Singing Made Easy but the IEW guy couldn't figure out how to order it. :glare: Now I'm cranky. I'm hoping they'll all honor the free shipping I should have gotten at the conference. Most do in my limited experience. Alex has been sleeping on me since I got back. Matt couldn't get him to stop crying for about 30 minutes before I got back because he missed me. :wub: It was our first time apart.

• Like 5

Ds sent me this Craig'slist ad to look at:  "Im selling my project was running rally good, but i was thonking to made an electric car, so remove fuel thank , so is on trunk now".   :svengo:

Just to be clear, ds did not write this.  And as far as I know, a homeschooled person did not write it.  (It could be someone who does not have English as his first language, though, which would make me more charitable.)

• Like 4

Jean, I really can't understand that ad at all.    

I spent almost all of my Saturday alone.  My husband, and my youngest and oldest went caving,  THey are on their way home and will bring me home my dinner.    My first post on this long lasting thread,

If you thonk about it long enough it might start to make sense.  ;)

• Like 3

Jean, I really can't understand that ad at all.

I spent almost all of my Saturday alone. My husband, and my youngest and oldest went caving, THey are on their way home and will bring me home my dinner. My first post on this long lasting thread,

We are mightly pleased to swap howdies with ya!

• Like 3