Menu

Another Prayer Request

mom31257

Update in #28. 

My sister and special needs nephew have another need. He has been feeling terrible the last couple of months and has had bad behavior as a result. She took him to the ENT today, and they were able to bribe my nephew in getting him to open up well for the doctor to see his throat. He says it looks horrific and the tonsils need to come out. Surgery is scheduled for tomorrow. The doctor says the recovery will be rough on a patient like my nephew, but the long-term benefit could much improve how he feels as well as his behavior. My sister really needs that right now. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to pray! Watching my sister go through so much has been very difficult! 

Thanks for all the prayers! He made it through the procedure just fine. The doctors said the tonsils were very infected and full of tonsil stones. She plans to keep pain medicine in him regularly so hopefully the recovery will go well. He left the hospital singing and asking for something to drink, but she knows he still has anesthesia in him. 

Thanks again for all your prayers! I wanted to update the situation.

My nephew had a fever over 102 during the night. The doctor doesn't put patients on an antibiotic following surgery anymore. He's on medicine now, but they are in an area getting lots of snow next week. She's concerned about getting out or help if he had complications.