Menu

Is there not an Ebola in Dallas thread yet?

staceyobu

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://okscotfest.com/

I do not care for "meat soup" I put a lot of peppers and beans in my chili.

Messing with Texas is fun and cool.

Oklahoma has all the things.

I think you've gone delusional.  

To the first, THANK YOU.

To the second, I am from Ebola ground zero.  I remember a lot of things like cricket infestations in which the entire parking lot of my dorm at UNT was covered with crickets like something out of an Alfred Hitchcock movie, but I swear I do not recall flying roaches.  Maybe I am just lucky that way.  :D

Come south about 4 hours.  I'll introduce you to our special little nightmares! 

Oh No you didn't!   Them's fight'in words!!      KC  and St. Louis don't know BBQ.  TX is REAL BBQ

How do not remember giant flying roaches?  You must be from W. Texas where there's no trees to house those suckers!

Have you ever had BBQ outside of Texas "BBQ"? That reminds me, I picked up a bottle of sauce, what's your address? You are on your on for the hog, but I can send the sauce.

I envision all these WTM posters suddenly turning into stalkers at those Highland Games festivals so they can get kilt photos to post. :lol:

I wonder if I can get dh to take me to Scotland. For the Hive, of course. It's my civic duty.

Have you ever had BBQ outside of Texas "BBQ"? That reminds me, I picked up a bottle of sauce, what's your address? You are on your on for the hog, but I can send the sauce.

See, that's your problem... good BBQ doesn't need sauce!  

And yes I have.  Blech.

The bloody body of a squirrel fell out of the sky (true story) and landed right in front of my car as I was driving down my road this morning. So I should have grabbed it for BBQ later?  I'm actually a vegetarian, but hey. If the heavens are opening up and dropping squirrels on me, who am I to question?

Thank you.  I understand.

He still had contact with medical staff who did not know he had ebola.  I know they mentioned monitoring the EMT's.  Hopefully, they are doing to same for the other medical staff.  How sad is that... that they were exposed doing their jobs.  

That's not sad. It's part of the job. Medical personnel willingly and knowingly expose themselves to all sorts of contagion, with the best protective measures possible. 

How can one love all God's creatures equally when one does not BBQ them all equally?

BBQ turkey is delicious. BBQ chicken is delicious. BBQ mutton is delicious.

I grudgingly agree with you on the above points.  BBQ ANYTHING is delicious.

Is this the part when all the Texans and Oklahomans hold hands and start singing kumbaya?  :D

You said,

Um, if they want to partake in risky activities (such as flying into Africa in the middle of the ebola crisis), then no, they should not be allowed back in.  Travel should be closed in and out of Africa.  Period.  Everyone else shouldn't have to suffer because they wanted to go to Africa.

It was only *after* people said that was impossible that you said,

Okay, so maybe that isn't going to happen, but what about the countries affected? Why was this person free to fly into here to visit family? Do you feel it is fine for U.S. citizens to be exposed because of this one person?

Isn't it possible that the thread responses gave her a new perspective?  I would hope that's the point of these threads: that people who might start out with one position might modify that once they read other responses if those responses contain new information. 

Though my view aligns quite closely with yours in terms of the subject matter, the truth is that when I read the news this morning, other people have similar responses to Jinnah in terms of level of fear they think is warranted. We all have our "things", KWIM?

Isn't it possible that the thread responses gave her a new perspective?  I would hope that's the point of these threads: that people who might start out with one position might modify that once they read other responses if those responses contain new information. 

Though my view aligns quite closely with yours in terms of the subject matter, the truth is that when I read the news this morning, other people have similar responses to Jinnah in terms of level of fear they think is warranted. We all have our "things", KWIM?

I was addressing her saying I had reading comprehension issues and complaining about my posts (and other's posts) in the other thread discussing the size of Africa. I am not going to get crabby and start multiquoting unless someone says I cannot read.

From the CDC.gov web site,  Q&A on Ebola Transmission

www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/transmission/qas.html

It states that,

"Ebola can be killed with hospital-grade disenfectants (such as household bleach).  Ebola on dried on surfaces like doornobs and countertops can survive for several hours; however virus in body fluids (such as blood) can survive up to several days at room temperature."

I'm still reading through the thread, and have no chili bias.

Delusional.

Holy snarks, Batman! Is like...watching Russia and Ukraine spar.

Oklahoma and Texas are the same damn thing. Their grass looks the same, their ranch houses look the same, their very scenic views encompassing water towers, cell towers, and high power lines look the same, from atop their 30 foot mountains.

Nebrahomas, people.

-Grumpy native Texan

Oklahoma and Texas are the same damn thing. Their grass looks the same, their ranch houses look the same, their very scenic views encompassing water towers, cell towers, and high power lines look the same, from atop their 30 foot mountains.

Nebrahomas, people.

-Grumpy native Texan

You have a point

I was addressing her saying I had reading comprehension issues and complaining about my posts (and other's posts) in the other thread discussing the size of Africa. I am not going to get crabby and start multiquoting unless someone says I cannot read.

Fair enough.

Nebrahomas, people.

-Grumpy native Texan

No.  Texas is a WHOLE lot bigger.  And it has a cooler shape.

I'm confused about a couple things.

So now I'm wrong for having empathy for people who risk their lives for others?  WOW.  I can't win on here.  A certain group of people don't like me for whatever reason and nit-pick EVERY SINGLE THING I SAY even when I am correct or it is just a matter of opinion.  I give up.  Not responding to anymore negative posts directed toward me... there is just no point.

This seems quite the leap in logic. Responding to your comment in such a way that suggests disagreement (with reasons why) no more accuses you of lacking empathy than your post here accuses them of being psychopathic monsters who want people to die from a painful and gruesome death. Your comment about the transmission of disease being sad suggests to me the idea this disease is somehow much much worse than other deadly, communicable diseases. I'm curious what makes that so?

and...

The problem with beans in chili is quite simply...the beans.

Are you not talking then about the humble Sloppy Joe?

First of all, it's sad that this is such a serious issue, that the officials are now as good as admitting they mishandled, that we can't have a serious, respectful conversation about it.

Secondly, North Carolina has the best BBQ and anyone who says otherwise has clearly spent too much time out in the sun.

First of all, it's sad that this is such a serious issue, that the officials are now as good as admitting they mishandled, that we can't have a serious, respectful conversation about it.

Secondly, North Carolina has the best BBQ and anyone who says otherwise has clearly spent too much time out in the sun.

Only if we are discussing states with the best BBQ that border the Atlantic ocean.

Nebrahomas, people.

-Grumpy native Texan

Oh crap.....this made me snort my drink through my nose!

Thank you for that!

I envision all these WTM posters suddenly turning into stalkers at those Highland Games festivals so they can get kilt photos to post. :lol:

Well, this is awkward. I swear, I posted my kilts at the Scottish Games thread before I saw this.

I'm not a stalker. At least I don't think I am...

How many times do you have to go to a Highland Games event before you're considered a stalker again?

They don't even have burnt ends.