Menu

Help name my babies!

NicAnn

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Before my husband knew what it was like to have one baby, he wanted to have boy triplets and name them Boris, Gleb and Igor. Because apparently there is a trio of Orthodox saints with those names that he's always liked.  I really can't stand any of those names, but you did say you wanted to be entertained, so there you go. 

I still love the Firefly references (and the offer for hats remain). But... What about Alexander (Xander), Riley and Angel? Or, if not Angel, Spike? Rupert? Daniel (Oz)?

I'm suddenly sad that I don't get to name triplets! I think if we have another I'll name him Joss. :thumbup1:

You missed my earlier post. I proffered the trio of Buffy boyfriends.

Or, Rupert, Oz, and Xander, for the friend zone trio.

You could always give them serious names (for when they grow up to be doctors and lawyers) and just CALL them Athos, Porthos and Aramis! 

Unless they're in trouble, then you can yell the real deal and no one but they will know who you are calling!

I can't resist the Three Musketeers names.  That's the best.

I'd go for Biblical, but they don't have to be over-the-top so:

Benjamin

Nathan

Michael 

Or

Seth

Daniel

Johnathan

Or

Really anything.  Though I would stay away from Adam for all my normal reasons I'd NEVER use that name in a billion years PLUS because with triplets, it seems silly...well, and he wouldn't even be your first child.  I also wouldn't name a child Cain.

Oh, and PLEASE don't put Ys in your boys' names.  Until I changed my son's spelling (adoption), I was constantly emphasizing "he" and "boy."

If I were naming three boys from scratch (and not worrying about the ones I already have):

Benjamin

Jeremiah

Caleb

Oh, one thing I was thinking of as I made my lists were having two with the same first letter.  Like is it okay to do David, Daniel, and John?  Or Isaac, James, and Joshua?  

How about ABC

Aiden

Brandon

Cameron

Alexander

Bryan

Caulder

I know twins named Eili and Levi.  Gets a bit confusing. 

If you want to go biblical:

Mathew

Mark

Luke

John

Paul

Timothy

David

Jonathan

Samuel

Adam

Noah

Jacob

Bejamin

Joseph

James

Peter

Just don't do the rhyming thing.

I was going to name my twins with the same 1st letter when I thought they were both boys(1st u/s). But I was set on one boy name (Yousuf) and could not find a girl "y" name I wanted to go with it, so I did not stick with that theme.

Although my MIL wanted me to name the twins: Yousuf and Yara, but I went with Ruquaia for the girl as Yara is 1.not a name with a meaning/family name and 2. it rhymes in Arabic with airplane (tiyara) and I could just hear teasing ("yara tiyara") in my head.

If I had triplet boys I would use either Adam, Sheth and Idris or Yaseen, Yaqoub and Yahya, obviously not names you would probably use  :laugh: . 

Haven't read all the replies, but I like pretty much all your classic names.

Your theme names I know are mostly just jokes... but I actually thinkg Jayne, Malcolm, and River could work. They're kind of original but not TOO far out there as individual names. People who don't get the reference will just think they're kind of original names, and people who do get the reference will break down in tears and demand your children star in another season.

Henry, Charles and Thomas.

Each is a nice solid name and can also be turned into cute nicknames if you are so inclined, but neither the full names nor the nicknames sound like the others, so you won't get mixed up when you're hollering down the street for them to come for supper.

From Wikipedia

Jasper is a given name. It is a variation of the Persian Kaspar. According to church tradition Casper (from the Persian "Gaspar" meaning 'treasurer or treasure bringer' ) is the name of one of the "Three Kings", who presented Christ gifts. Casper gave frankincense.[1] The name Gaspar or Caspar, along with the names of the other two legendary magi, appeared for the first time in two medieval Latin texts[2] and dates from the 9th century AD. The spelling of the name Jaspar is a French and English transcription of the Latin word Caspar

I so wish I could respond to each post! My DH and I are loving this thread!

I just finished a Sherlock binge, so Those names are looking good. Lol!

In serious, I think we've settled on Isaiah for baby C (likely the smallest). The other two I'm not sure. DH doesn't want them to all have obvious biblical names, so we might go a different direction with the other two.

Oooooh....that is right! I kept trying to remember where I saw it....

Try the priestly ephod, the tabernacle, the temple building (possibly restoration too?) and also the heaven/chariot scenes in Ezekel, Daniel and Revelation. I'm pretty sure it's in most/all of those.

Also, cross-check translations... Sometimes translators differ about Hebrew gemstone designations.