Menu

My 1st day homeschooling...EVER!!!

I did it. I am a homeschooler. Public school started today and my kids were home. We had a wonderful day. I'm starting slow. One new subject every week. Today we did math. We went to the pool with some other homeschoolers. We did some reading. They were relaxed. They didn't hesitate to sit down and get to work. I know it won't always be like this, but for DAY 1 it was! I have 2 boys...4th and 1st grade. They are asleep. I'm exhausted. I'm relieved. I'm really happy right now.

I just wanted to share!

Emily in Tampa

I did it. I am a homeschooler. Public school started today and my kids were home. We had a wonderful day. I'm starting slow. One new subject every week. Today we did math. We went to the pool with some other homeschoolers. We did some reading. They were relaxed. They didn't hesitate to sit down and get to work. I know it won't always be like this, but for DAY 1 it was! I have 2 boys...4th and 1st grade. They are asleep. I'm exhausted. I'm relieved. I'm really happy right now.

I just wanted to share!

Emily in Tampa

I'm so glad you did! Way to go! :D

I just wanted to share!

Emily in Tampa

Go Emily and boys! Congrats.

They are asleep. I'm exhausted. I'm relieved. I'm really happy right now.

I just wanted to share!

Emily in Tampa

:party: I rejoice with you! I remember our first day of homeschooling, ten years ago now. It was first grade for my oldest and my youngest was 3yo. She christened the white board and the outfit she was wearing with a permanent marker in no time flat! :tongue_smilie: Despite that, it was a great day and I'm glad yours went well, too!

I just wanted to share!

Emily in Tampa

Way to go, teach!!!! :001_smile:

Thanks everyone!!! I was almost in tears when I read what everyone wrote. I wanted to share with my dh, but he thinks I may spend too much time on this message board...and he may be right. But what a great place to spend time. The encouragement and support is greatly needed...not to mention the advice!

Thanks again! You guys are great!

Emily in Tampa