Menu

I just watched Rowan drown

Flowing Brook

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone. I just hate this. Part of me keeps saying I should have gone out and got him. I can swim and even though the water was icy it was 40 degrees out.

Anyways Daisy is acting sick. I can't tell if she just misses Rowan or if something is wrong. The vet opens soon and I will call her to see what she says. Daisy is just extra clingy and keeps wandering around the house. I don't have the heart to take down Rowans crate yet. He just used it when I had to leave the house.  He slept loose in my room at night. She keeps sniffing his blanket and whining.

The day it happened she ran towards me in a panic. I have never seen her act this way before. My mom asked me what's wrong with Daisy? That's when I started calling for Rowan. He never before had gotten out of my sight at the lake. When he did he would always come right back. That's when I saw him in the lake.  I did not have the presence of mind to grab Daisy. It just did not occur to me that she would run in. Why  I don't know. Anyways she jumped in and swam right to Rowan. The whole time Ginger was trying to grab at the ice to jump out. Daisy never tried to get out. She just kept putting her paws on Rowan.  If he would swim away she would swim after him. At one point they both went under the water at the exact same time.  They both came up at the same time. It was not until after Rowan gave up the fight that Daisy jumped out.  It was weird because the whole time she was following him around and as soon as you could tell Rowan was just too tired she jumped out.  Maybe I am just crazy but it seemed like she was trying to save him. I find it ironic that once he was gone she was able to just jump out. 

I really appreciate all the kind thoughts I know a lot of people are going through a lot worse. I just miss my pup so much. I hate the circumstance which caused his death.