Menu

Cleavage Skin

Jean in Newcastle

I use Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash on my face and décolletage area in the shower. I got a huge pump bottle at the Nordstrom Annual Sale that will last 400 years, but it's on sale at QVC or HSN fairly often. Then face and neck/chest get sunscreen. I'm ghostly pale and my family has a significant history of skin cancer, but it helps you look younger too. Bonus. :)

I use Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash on my face and décolletage area in the shower. I got a huge pump bottle at the Nordstrom Annual Sale that will last 400 years, but it's on sale at QVC or HSN fairly often. Then face and neck/chest get sunscreen. I'm ghostly pale and my family has a significant history of skin cancer, but it helps you look younger too. Bonus. :)

I love that stuff!

Do you mind my asking what type of rash? What have you tried in terms of treatment?

Pretty sure its yeast, but I actually always forget to ask about it when I'm at the ob-gyn or at the dermatologist.  Occasionally I put some of the external cream from a monistat 3-pack and it helps some.  But i take an anti-fungal pill every month or two and it doesnt seem to make a difference for the rash.  (clearly i have chronic yeast issues)

lotion does not help.  I was only sometimes wondering if it could be rosacea there, too

My hair is old and graying but my skin has always been youthful - until now. . . it was quite a shock getting dressed this morning.  

Oh my goodness!  What did you do last night?????

(This is not an episode of Don't Ask, Don't Tell.  Do tell!)

I hope it isn't shocking, because I'm about to clean the kitchen, and I don't need another excuse to sit down and rest at my computer.

Oh my goodness!  What did you do last night?????

(This is not an episode of Don't Ask, Don't Tell.  Do tell!)

I hope it isn't shocking, because I'm about to clean the kitchen, and I don't need another excuse to sit down and rest at my computer.

:svengo:   I think I have vapors from being asked such a question.  

It's all about the sun, baby. Sunscreen hairline to braline every. single. day. Backs of your hands as well.  And UV rays can get through a regular t-shirt so even if you are covered you still need some protection there.

Anything you use on your face can be used on your neck and chest as well.

My skin has almost never seen the sun, so I'm good!  I'm incredibly pale and mine looks FABULOUS. ;)

My hair is old and graying but my skin has always been youthful - until now. . . it was quite a shock getting dressed this morning.  

Aww, I think you look lovely.  Of course I haven't seen your cleavage.

I call it decolletage.  It makes it sound fancy.

Yes!  Plus, you can use it in public and almost no one knows what you're talking about.

I have the same problem. 

Nightly Retinol helps.  The only one I have found over the counter that also keeps my skin clear is the Acne Free Severe kit.

So does a weekly scrub with Neutrogena rejuvenating puffs and battery operated scrubber.

Professional chem peels help too, but they're expensive and money is tight right now.  They have decent deals at our local AZ Skin and Cancer Center. When finances are better I'll be back for more.

My...and all this on the heels of the P*&n thread...tsk, tsk. I think instead of cleavage, we should discuss vapors a little more. Who can claim them? What exactly happens when you have an attack of the vapors, does the smoke alarm go off?  :svengo: Is it like this?

My shocker was upper lip crinkles that I noticed last week. I don't have any extra advice except: turtleneck shirts do not make you look younger, even if they do cover the aging of your upper chest. They will emphasize the cheek and chin sagging that you won't realize you have until someone posts a picture of you in public. This is the voice of experience.

My solution to my (many) little signs of my age is to dress well and keep my hair decent.

No more cheap/trendy/poorly-made clothes.  No more letting my hair go until I can barely stand it and call the salon in desperation.  

I don't believe much can be done about skin damage once it's there.  I had no concern whatsoever about sun damage in my youth and there's no undoing that now.  And I'm not willing to spend lots of money on 'magic' middle-age skin solutions.

I just buy clothes instead.  :)

Coconut oil applied at bedtime helps. I notice "creases" if I've slept all crunched up on my side. Trying to sleep on my back helps.

Honestly, I think the best thing (ime, anyway) is to stay hydrated and take my vitamin D and EFAs, tackling the issue from the inside out. And ditto on the sunscreen. True, damage from years past cannot be reversed, but as I get older I am more concerned about brown spotting and freckling, which didn't seem to happen in my youth.

I was watching a bit of the Kelly Clarkson Christmas special last night and there was Kelly, Reba McIntire and Trisha Yearwood displaying their cleavage skin in all it's glory.  I started to giggle.  I've never checked out another woman's cleavage skin before. . .

Well you know what their secret is...camera angle and on the printed page, airbrushing. And if someone comes too close they may fake the vapors...