Menu

Anyone started listening to Christmas music?

GreenKitty

Yup. :)

I have already heard Dominick the Donkey and the Chipmunk Christmas song, and am waiting for Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer.

It's all about the classics for me. ;)

Whenever I'm in the car, I keep flipping back and forth between the Love station and 40's on 4, because both are playing Christmas music all the time now.

Yes and no.

I don't start playing Christmas music around the house for casual listening before Thanksgiving.

I do pull out my vocal and piano music and start practicing the stuff for Advent well in advance of the season.

(I'm not as bad as one of our pianist though; Advent music is his favorite and he pulls it out in July to start working on it!)

Noooooo! For the love of all jingle bells and rooftop reindeer, no Christmas music before Thanksgiving. After Thanksgiving! To each season, its own holiday.

Of course, this only holds true in the US. I have no idea for any other country. Perhaps the beginning of Advent?

I have been listening to jazzy Christmas music every single day for more than a month as both kids here at home are having concerts in the next few weeks.  Practice, Practice, Practice!   It gets stuck in my head and then I find myself humming and singing it all day.

I have been holding back on the Christmas music, but will admit to having started listening heavily to my "winter" instrumentals - Turtle Island, Kenny G (DD12's current favorite), some organ and piano music.    A few songs are technically Christmas, but for the most part I am waiting another week.

Son is working on Silent Night and Come All Ye Faithful as his piano pieces at the moment.

We also listened to a recording of Dorati conducting Tchaichovsky's The Nutcracker (which I associate with Christmas) the other night. So we are dipping our toes in the water.

Bill

Yup. I'm waiting until Thanksgiving night to break out the MP3s and the sheet music, but I can't tune out my five year old's beautiful, clear boy soprano singing the wrong words for "Jingle Bell Rock" and I certainly wouldn't want to if I could. :)