Menu

I want the new Kindle Paperwhite <sigh>

MIch elle

Can you listen to audiobooks on the Kindle Paperwhite?  I can't find audio listed anywhere.  I download audio books to my Kindle.

As far as I know, the Fire is the only Kindle that has audio. The Keyboard had it, and I think the Touch did (I'd have to ask ds).

And yeah, I want one. I have a Kindle touch.  I do love it, but I loved the paperwhite,

I was perfectly happy with my Keyboard, even though ds has the Touch. Now that I've experienced the Paperwhite though, I think I'm going to want each new version of it that they come out with.

I finally broke down and bought a Paperwhite from Best Buy last weekend. This thread is the first I had heard about there being a "new" Paperwhite. Now I'm wondering which one I got.

The model numbers on Amazon for both the original and the new model don't match any numbers I can find on the one I have, and I didn't keep the box.

It's not a big deal, but I would be pretty annoyed if I paid full price for a discontinued model. Any idea when these came out and when they stopped selling the old version? I bought mine on 8/30.

I finally broke down and bought a Paperwhite from Best Buy last weekend. This thread is the first I had heard about there being a "new" Paperwhite. Now I'm wondering which one I got.

The model numbers on Amazon for both the original and the new model don't match any numbers I can find on the one I have, and I didn't keep the box.

It's not a big deal, but I would be pretty annoyed if I paid full price for a discontinued model. Any idea when these came out and when they stopped selling the old version? I bought mine on 8/30.

You have the "old" one.  The new one is not shipping yet.  

I have a Kindle Keyboard 3G that is about 3 years old and love it to bits, but that new paperwhite is seductive.  I want it.  I read with the Kindle app on my iPad (for which I also have an indecent amount of love), but it does make my eyes tire more quickly than my Kindle.  I'd love to be able to read on a Kindle without a book  light (I have one in my cover).  My dad doesn't have a Kindle, but has entertained the idea.  He's not all into tech, so he would't care if it was the latest version or not.  Maybe I could give him my old one to justify buying myself a new one?  Huh?  Huh?  RIGHT????

I have the kindle keyboard and the case with light.  Glad to have the case but found I don't use it much, only when I am going somewhere.  At home the kindle is out of the case.  Easier to hold and switch hands.  The paperwhite would solve this problem.

I would love to have the new paperwhite and a Fire (while I am dreaming may as well dream big ;) ) 

I just looked at the Kindle Paperwhite in the shops today.  I didn't know there was a new one coming out.  The lady in the shop said that the Paperwhite had just been release a couple months back.  Do we have the newest version before you or did Kindle bring out a new version so soon after the first Paperwhite?  

I'm looking at getting a Galaxy Note 8.0 before the end of the year, but decided today that I'd like a Kindle Paperwhite as well for just reading.  I'm traveling "back home" middle of next year & with 2 really long (10+ hours) flights, I want to have a couple of options for entertainment as I don't think the Galaxy Note's battery would last that long & I've heard the the Kindle is easier on the eyes for long reading sessions.  I've about decided to reward myself when I have lost 2 stone (less that 5 lbs to go!) by getting the Kindle, but I don't want to get the one in the shop if there's a new model due out in a few weeks.