Menu

Who is starting school tomorrow?

For the first year ever, we are following the school calendar and starting school tomorrow. It feels early in some ways to me (we usually wait til after Labor Day) but we had a long summer, so we're ready.

We are going to start off with a few easier 3 hour days and hopefully it won't be as hard as I am envisioning!

It feels like we are starting school tomorrow since the public schools are, but we have been doing school since June1. I have to admit I will be privately freaking out since this will be the first year DS9 does not attend public school, but he has already made so much progress that I did not even consider changing my mind. 

We might do an afternoon field trip to the science museum to make the day a little more special.

Guest staciekb

We are starting tomorrow. It is a big day for us too, since my son is at official kindergarten age and we did not send him to school. I am so excited though. I feel like months of planning will begin to be fulfilled tomorrow.

We are. It will be weird bc my oldest joined the local school's soccer team which doesn't start school till weds. So he will have soccer practice 9-11 Monday and Tuesday morning then come home and have school. But my schedules were so pretty I didn't want to change our start date! 😉

We have an ENT appt in the city at 840am, so hoping to get that over with and make the 2hr drive home in record time so we can at least do school lite.  We were supposed to start last week but ds14 was having a hard transition after family camp, so we are trying for this week.  PS doesn't go back until Aug 28th and dd5 doesn't get home from her vacation until Austin 24th, so I am not too worried if tomorrow doesn't work out due to the appt.

We are starting tomorrow as well. We were going to go full-steam ahead, but I decided to spend this week doing "orientation" with the kids. Basically we'll do religion and literature read-aloud, math, and writing, leaving the afternoons free for me to finish planning, to meet with each boys (at least the older two) and go over their subjects for the year, as well as time for them to play with friends (our local school district doesn't go back until after Labor day!). 

We are starting tomorrow.  Last week we actually had "week zero" which was a prep week.  We finished everything on the list -which was minimal and included such things as "find the math books," finishing a read-aloud, and finding a few other materials we've had around but not used yet.  But we listened to a few history lectures too, and just generally got in the mindset.

My son has a doctor's appointment nearly every day this week, and we're hoping to maintain our weekly field trip by going to a garden on Friday, but we'll see how that goes.  I long to be a year-round schooler but somehow summer never works out for us. 

What do y'all mean by binding?    I mean, I know what the word means, but what and how do you bind at home?  :)

We are - sort of.  :)

We school year round, but we've just finished a break.  And tomorrow is the first day of PS here, so it seemed like as good a day as any to start back.  DS has a basket of goodies waiting for him, and he's planning to bake a cake to celebrate after school.  Win for me!  ... I do feel a bit bad because he asked if I'd decorate the house a bit, just for fun (the kid loves a party), and this is the first year I didn't plan that kind of stuff.  Oops.  So I am decorating his desk instead.  

What do y'all mean by binding?    I mean, I know what the word means, but what and how do you bind at home?  :)

Wondering here, too.  What are you binding?  I freecycled a comb binder a few years ago (it never got enough use).  Recently I have eyed the ProClicks, but wondered what exactly I would bind!

What are you binding?  Do your kids prefer to write in things you've bound?  Please share.  :)

Bean started back to school on Wednesday, so Buck decided that would be as good a time as any for him, too.  (I'd planned for him to start tomorrow).  I didn't give him a full load last week, though.  Tomorrow we start the full schedule.

We are. I have most of my master planner filled in, and we'll be fudging some of it as we go, but I'm excited. The kids are mostly excited.

We're short one history spine book, but we have so many in this house we can fill the holes until it gets here. The guide for it won't be released until October anyway. :P

The local PS has been running for awhile, but I don't watch their schedule or base anything on it.

We were supposed to start yesterday, but over the weekend I decided to switch up some of my curriculum, so I am waiting on a package to arrive. We are going to the state fair tomorrow, so I figure we will start Thursday and maybe do a couple half days and then start full days next week.