Menu

funny comment of the day?

Mandylubug

DS10: "Mama, can we pleaseeeeeee get hamburger helper at the store? Just once. Like the olympics! Once every four years!!! PLEASE!!!"

I just shook my head and walked away. In our house hamburger helper is a delicacy! Where did I go wrong?!

What funny comments have been said in your home lately?

One of mine has a loose tooth. She is telling everyone how she can't wait to get a whole nickel from the tooth fairy. The recession must have hit fairy land, because she paid better than that when I was a kid!

We might be having hamburger helper for dinner too, but it's a new fancy flavor. Is there high-end hamburger helper? Goodness between saying that we eat hamburger helper and drink koolaid, folks probably want to stage an intervention for the sake of my children. I serve a salad with it though. That cancels out the bad stuff, right?

Last night during supper my son was pretending to be his imaginary dog and eating his food off of his plate accordingly. However when I noticed that he was picking up his cup and drinking from it normally I said that he had very good use of his front paws for a dog.

My oldest piped up and said, "Yeah, you shouldn't be drinking that way; dogs don't have disposable thumbs like humans do."

:lol:

One of mine has a loose tooth. She is telling everyone how she can't wait to get a whole nickel from the tooth fairy. The recession must have hit fairy land, because she paid better than that when I was a kid!

We might be having hamburger helper for dinner too, but it's a new fancy flavor. Is there high-end hamburger helper? Goodness between saying that we eat hamburger helper and drink koolaid, folks probably want to stage an intervention for the sake of my children. I serve a salad with it though. That cancels out the bad stuff, right?

Ha ha! I'm not a hater. We can't eat many prepackaged products due to half of us having soy allergies. I think the salad definitely balances it out ;)

Well this mind is better educatated now.

I had to look up Hamburger Helper.

I don't think we have these products here...yet.

However one of my sisters refused to buy minced meat (hamburger?) for years after moving out as it was such a cheap staple growing up.

Ds6: 'Mom, what was I wearing when I was born?'

Imagine the rate of episiotomies and C-sections we'd need if we had to contend with buttons and zippers and hoodies on the way out!

Again, ds6, rolling around on his bed wrapped in his duvet: 'I made a burrito'

Dd12: 'What?'

Ds6: 'Forget about it. I don't know what a burrito is.'

This is classic Ds - watches too much TV (burrito reference is clearly from a US TV programme, probably Scooby Doo), aversion to exotic food (we do in fact eat burritos but I'd have to call them something like 'pancakes with beans' for them to qualify as food) and insecurity when faced by what he perceives as a challenge from one of the older members of the family (he has a great vocabulary, but if you ask him to repeat a word he gets insecure and won't repeat it because he thinks he might have got it wrong).

My daughter told us the other day that we were richer than dh's parents because our store receipt was longer. Today she said she wanted to eat a fish mushroom and if we found one the first one was hers. (We met a mushroom hunter in the woods and he told us the one mushroom tasted like fish which really excited my fish loving daughter.)

At Goodwill today we had two cute things:

5 year old kept asking if we could buy an Algebra textbook. Dude cannot read and is just getting solid with adding single digits. He just loves DragonBox and liked the plane on the cover. He was bummed that I wouldn't get it, "Fine. I guess you don't want us to learn algebra anyway."

7 year old told the checker, "I'm pretty sure you might have been a liiiittle bit off in your pricing because this diamond necklace is so pretty it MUST be real."

Last night at dinner, my dd12 told me, "If I were normal, I'd be on a date or up in my room instead of sitting here being weird with you." I had just lamented the fact that my mom will never want to eat with us again because we are so weird. The kids were dipping their hot dogs in tapioca pudding because we were out of fish sticks and custard. I thanked her for being weird with me.

This afternoon we started reading Sir Gawain and the Green Knight; my 16 y/o read a line about Queen Guinevere, paused a second and said "well, that just ruined it for me!" It took my 15 y/o about 5 more seconds to groan in agreement. We were outside, I started looking around - like, what? what happened that ruined something? I had no idea what they were talking about. They've been watching Merlin on Netflix and Guinevere is a maid who likes Arthur, now it's spoiled for them because they know they're going to get married! They were both kind of bummed. I thought they would at least remember Arthur and Guinevere from "Quest for Camelot". My poor boys, reading classic books is spoiling their enjoyment of BBC programs.

DS19 when unloading groceries: "Ooh, cake. Which one is ours?"

Mom: "Whichever one you're cutting for me." All 4 cakes are the same. :glare:

DS19 erased work schedules from the board (they're off the rest of the week) and wrote the new schedule on it:

Friday rehearsal 5pm

Saturday wedding

Sunday cards w/ guys 2pm

I was :huh: 'cuz it's HIS wedding and DH and I are hosting all of it. :laugh:

"Please get your pencils out of the freezer" (I always find random things in my side by side freezer if I forget to lock it)..to DS9, he wanted to see what would happen to the lead. (so, sci for the day, I guess???)

DS9: "Mom, what would happen if you had 7 babies at once?" He wants more lil bros and sis (loves the twins to pieces) and is hopeful that next time (HAHAHAHAHA :001_rolleyes: ) it will be 3,4,5,6,or more babies at once :blink:.

DS19 when unloading groceries: "Ooh, cake. Which one is ours?"

Mom: "Whichever one you're cutting for me." All 4 cakes are the same. :glare:

DS19 erased work schedules from the board (they're off the rest of the week) and wrote the new schedule on it:

Friday rehearsal 5pm

Saturday wedding

Sunday cards w/ guys 2pm

I was :huh: 'cuz it's HIS wedding and DH and I are hosting all of it. :laugh:

He's getting married on Saturday? AND playing cards with the GUYS Sunday afternoon? :scared: :smilielol5: :nopity:

DD(21), still weepy and loopy from anesthetic, watching a video of her ACL repair surgery on the large screen tv: "What's he(doctor) doing? Is that fat? Is he sucking the fat out of my knee? Well, God bless him! Keep going!!!!"

"Please get your pencils out of the freezer" (I always find random things in my side by side freezer if I forget to lock it)..to DS9, he wanted to see what would happen to the lead. (so, sci for the day, I guess???)

DS9: "Mom, what would happen if you had 7 babies at once?" He wants more lil bros and sis (loves the twins to pieces) and is hopeful that next time (HAHAHAHAHA :001_rolleyes: ) it will be 3,4,5,6,or more babies at once :blink:.

You've got quite the scientific child.

...7 at once, oh dear... :lol:

Girl, I'm sending you some tater tots to go with your HH!

No shame.

( and Tang. The astronauts drank it.)

DD(21), still weepy and loopy from anesthetic, watching a video of her ACL repair surgery on the large screen tv: "What's he(doctor) doing? Is that fat? Is he sucking the fat out of my knee? Well, God bless him! Keep going!!!!"

Too funny!

Nothing funny, but super sweet from my wild, rambunctious ds4. He brought me a blanket this morning and asked, "Mom, don't you want to cuddle and sing me the sunshine song? " (You Are My Sunshine)

Sweet! My niece lived with my parents when she was little, Mom would make her a fried egg and when they cut into it (and the yolk came out) mom would sing "You are my sunshine..." . Niece is 25 and still calls them "sunshine eggs".

My 4 year old ran his forehead into a door knob and hurt himself pretty badly. After he was done with getting love from me he went over to his 4 month old brother still screaming saying...

DS4: "Percival I need you. I need a kiss and hug from my cute brother."

4 month old starts smiling and laughing in excitement at the sight of his brother

DS4: still crying and screaming "Why are you smiling and laughing at me?!?! Why?" he get more upset "Mom!!! Percival is laughing at me. Percival, why are you smiling? I hurt myself. I need a hug. Don't laugh at me."

A few days ago, we were driving to a friend's house and to get there, we have to drive through a cemetery.

DD11: "Quick, we need to duck!"

DD8: "Uhh, why?"

DD11: " Because you duck in a cemetery; it's a game!"

DD8: "Hm. That doesn't sound like fun."

a few seconds of silence, then dd8 yells, "ZOMBIE!" and laughs herself to pieces over dd11's reaction. DD14 and I were in tears after listening to the exchange because dd8's responses were utterly deadpan! :rofl: :rofl:

He's getting married on Saturday? AND playing cards with the GUYS Sunday afternoon? :scared: :smilielol5: :nopity:

Yes, yes he is. DD compromised by saying he has to be back home within 4 hours and she's not making a bigger fuss about it ONLY because his BFF (who is also the best man) is only here on naval leave Fri night - Wed am. Sunday will be the only chance BFF and DS have to gather with the rest of their guy group. So he's calling it a a post-wedding bachelor party even though they'll only be hanging out at the card shop. LOL But once BFF returns to SC, he'll get his ship assignment and we have no idea how long it will be before we see him again.

4-yo had the 3-yo in a headlock, tackling her because she was trying to take something back from her. Amazingly the 3-yo wasn't crying yet but when I told the oldest to stop tackling her sister, she looked up most sincere and innocent and asked "I can use my words?"

Yes - please do use your words to solve problems Guess they do listen to me.

4-yo had the 3-yo in a headlock, tackling her because she was trying to take something back from her. Amazingly the 3-yo wasn't crying yet but when I told the oldest to stop tackling her sister, she looked up most sincere and innocent and asked "I can use my words?"

Yes - please do use your words to solve problems Guess they do listen to me.

A school teacher friend was working at a rough local school and there was a reception (kinder) child who had already been kicked out of two schools. She saw him about to start thumping another child and loudly reminded him to, "Use your words!"

The child immediately stopped, "Sorry Miss X." Turned to the other child and let fly with a stream of very bad swears.

My friend had to keep a straight face.

Within the last couple of weeks we were riding in the car and I was giving dh a hard time, just picking on him and we were laughing. Dd said that mommy and the name of our dog were being rotten.

The poor dog was in the back of the truck not getting into trouble and we have often joked about him being rotten, we don't say that dd is rotten or being rotten though. We just cracked up that she through the dog under the bus with me.