Menu

Surgery to remove ovarian mass tomorrow *Update in first post*

elfgivas

*Update*

"results were startling, but wonderful. initial biopsy of ovaries showed no cancer :). detailed biopsy results to come. the startling bit was the appendix, which showed signs of having been Very Unhappy. We slept better last night than we have in weeks."

original message:

surgery to remove ovarian mass, followed by surgery mid-april to remove kidney mass.

biopsies will be done after removal, to avoid potential spread of any malignancies.

this weekend will either be wonderful (benign ovarian mass) or truly dreadful (malignant ovarian mass). i am not so much an "either/or" person, but this morning that is the way it feels.

we have been doing a good job of finding some joy each day in our time of abiding, but this weekend that may or may not be a bit tougher to do.

either way, apparently i am giving up my ovaries for Lent.

(which is fine; i am in menopause, and i keep thinking that all they can do for me now is kill me. not altogether true, as even in menopause they appear to help in some small measure with heart health, but i am well and truly done with them emotionally.)

i'd like to give up cancer too.

we would love all good thoughts/prayers/hope/chocolate....

ann

:grouphug: :grouphug:

I had to have an ovarian mass removed while I was pregnant with my littlest. It was growing faster than him. The hardest part was waiting for the pathology report. In the end it was benign. I was told that ovarian benign masses are very common but had never heard of them before.

followed by surgery mid-april to remove kidney mass.

biopsies will be done after removal, to avoid potential spread of any malignancies.

this weekend will either be wonderful (benign ovarian mass) or truly dreadful (malignant ovarian mass). i am not so much an "either/or" person, but this morning that is the way it feels.

we have been doing a good job of finding some joy each day in our time of abiding, but this weekend that may or may not be a bit tougher to do.

(which is fine; i am in menopause, and i keep thinking that all they can do for me now is kill me. not altogether true, as even in menopause they appear to help in some small measure with heart health, but i am well and truly done with them emotionally.)

ann

(((((Hugs)))))

I'll be covering you in prayer all day tommorrow Ann.

My oldest daughter at age 19 went through something very similiar with a mass on her ovary.

She is now 25 years old ( with an almost 2 year old daughter) and doing great and had a wonderful and speedy recovery.

May God Bless you with HIS perfect peace !!

Please keep us posted !

ann

There are many "ovarian masses" that are benign. They go by weird names like chocolate cysts, etc.

Without ovaries, you can still balance your hormones with bio-identical hormone replacement, i.e creams or capsules.

Best Wishes to you.

ann

I pray you are fine and that it is benign.