Menu

Just for fun: what famous person do you resemble?

unsinkable

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was young people used to tell me that I looked like Drew Barrymore. My friends even nicknamed me Drew. I worked in a grocery store and I had this creepy old man stalker who would come in and stand there with Drew Barrymore magazines and books and just stare at me.

Then I got old. And fat. Me no looky-like her anymore.

The only person I've been told I look like is Mara Wilson of Matilda. I was the spitting image of her in my childhood pictures, no so much now. She is in her early twenties and I am almost 50. I do still have the same hair and eye color, and general face shape. I just look a lot older. :-P

she is a cutie!

When I was young people used to tell me that I looked like Drew Barrymore. My friends even nicknamed me Drew. I worked in a grocery store and I had this creepy old man stalker who would come in and stand there with Drew Barrymore magazines and books and just stare at me.

I can totally see it! The resemblance, not the old and fat!

When I was a girl and teen people told me I looked like Brooke Sheilds. I was 15 and in South America once and someone came up to me in broken English, and asked "you ever see the movie 'Blue Lagoon'?"

I do not have crazy eyebrows!

Do you have the beautiful thick hair? I loved her hair!

Once, when I had recently lost weight, a couple of people told me I looked like Jodie Foster. I think my cheekbones were looking a bit sculpted then, lol. Otherwise I can't account for it.

Oh, and my father was the absolute image of Richard Long, who played Jarrod on Big Valley, for those of you are old enough to remember that!

Once, when I had recently lost weight, a couple of people told me I looked like Jodie Foster. I think my cheekbones were looking a bit sculpted then, lol. Otherwise I can't account for it.

Oh, and my father was the absolute image of Richard Long, who played Jarrod on Big Valley, for those of you are old enough to remember that!

It's interesting trying see what others see!

Jodie Foster was one of my 70s idols...

You look just like her ! (And neither old nor fat!)

Back in the 90s I was told by DOZENS of people that I resemble(d) Martina Hingis.

They'd say if they saw her on TV, they say, "OMGosh! It's unsinkable! When did she become a tennis pro?!?!" :rofl:

Did you find that neat or creepy?

My first reaction was "I look like who???" I was OK with it, but I was surprised.

Angelina Jolie.

Oh wait. This is reality. When I was a teenager I was told by 1 or 2 people that I looked like Sarah Jessica Parker. But then I think I kindof grew into my face and I haven't been told that since.

I must say that every time I see your avatar, I think of SJP. I believe (for me, at least) it's your hairline & the way your hair looks, even though it's darker than SJP's. I always liked SJP's hair back in the day (Footloose, etc). I so wanted her hair back then!!

back in my 20s I had sort of a Gillian Anderson look. Then I gained weight, my front teeth grew apart, and the baby hormones made my hair nearly impossible to style.

:grouphug:

I had a hairdresser tell me once that no matter what I did with my hair, it was just going to "hang there."

Which Gillian: Red haired or blonde?

I must say that every time I see your avatar, I think of SJP. I believe (for me, at least) it's your hairline & the way your hair looks, even though it's darker than SJP's. I always liked SJP's hair back in the day (Footloose, etc). I so wanted her hair back then!!

That is interesting!! I guess I can still see a resemblance (although I don't have a mole on my chin). I had long, wavy hair back then and I think that really added to it.

Did you find that neat or creepy?

My first reaction was "I look like who???" I was OK with it, but I was surprised.

I thought it was neat. I guess because I think Martina Hingis is attractive and it fed my ego! :hurray: Yay me! LOL.

I love women's faces and bodies and voices, tho'. I'll point out women to DH and he'll be like, "Didn't even notice her."

And I'll be like, "Mr. unsinkable! How did you miss those big brown eyes?" Or whatever caught my attention. And he shrugs.

So do you all think you look like the person/s that others think you do?

I do not think I look like Connie Chung. First I'm not Asian! Weird thing though is the Chinese lady who works at a restuarant we used to go to all the time asked me if I was Asian! Hilarious to all my family because no, I do not look Asian.

Guest inoubliable

When Titanic came out, people were forever telling me I looked like Kate Winslet. They still do. I don't see it.

Last year I had a creeper (mutual friend who turned out to be a creeper) who insisted that I looked like Olivia Wilde. I had no idea who that even was. I had to google her. I don't see that one, either, but after I told some people they said, "Oh yeah! I can't believe I never saw the resemblance before!".

I used to look like Lisa Welchel, and I would probably look like her now if I dropped a bunch of weight. Actually I think I looked more like her older, plainer sister. My husband has been told many times that he looks like Kiefer Sutherland. Frankly I think K.S. is kind of ornery looking and my husband is very sweet.