Menu

Autumn is having her baby I think!

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last thing I saw was her with another giraffe. I'm pretty sure she said, "Joe! Joe! It's time to take me to the hospital. WHAT? You expect me to have this baby here?!"

Oh my goodness. She really is eating again. Someone offer her some ice chips and tell her to get on with it.

Edited by hana

The last thing I saw was her with another giraffe. I'm pretty sure she said, "Joe! Joe! It's time to take me to the hospital. WHAT? You expect me to have this baby here?!"

I think she is committed to a natural birth. She might be saying, " Joe, don't you dare come near me ever again, you basta*d."

Not sure I want to watch to watch that wall give birth.

We think it's Walter (her mate) but we're getting more and more confused. I thought that Walter was supposed to be getting ready to pass out the cigars?

Walter or Joe...doesn't matter. They both sound like cigar-passing out names. :)

I am thinking A is outside doing her thing. It makes sense to me she would have the baby outdoors.

Do you think that her labor has stalled? She seemed like she was in almost constant distress this morning and...now looks like she's enjoying a yummy lunch...JEEPERS...I need this baby to arrive so I can get something done. The kids are getting grumpy (all the excess screen time watching the giraffes) and..the house is falling apart! LOL!!! At least I remembered to make dinner...

Her tail is up, and there seems to be a bulge. Could be baby time or just last nights dinner. lol

ETA......and now she is back to eating again. lOLOLOL

ETA.....They just shifted her to the area on the right and closed the door. Does anyone know where that leads?

ETA....and now the poo team arrives. Maybe it was just last nights dinner.

Edited by Tap, tap, tap

Guest inoubliable

I call BS. Unless I'm looking at Walter (and I honestly can't tell since my feed never seems to match up with what others are seeing), she's calm and pigging out AGAIN on hay. No way any female in active labor is chowing down looking calm like that. :glare:

This needs to happen today. This is, by far, one of the most ridiculous things I've ever been obsessed with. :lol:

I call BS. Unless I'm looking at Walter (and I honestly can't tell since my feed never seems to match up with what others are seeing), she's calm and pigging out AGAIN on hay. No way any female in active labor is chowing down looking calm like that. :glare:

This needs to happen today. This is, by far, one of the most ridiculous things I've ever been obsessed with. :lol:

:iagree: This makes my initial Pete's Pond obsession (which kept me awake many nights so I could see the amazing "Pre-dawn visitors") seem tame.

Guest inoubliable
I just realized that if you click on the picture below the screen that says "Giraffe Paddock" you can see them outside. It looks like Walter pacing in a circle with no signs of a kiddie pool or cigars.

OMG. Now I have TWO cameras to switch between!

The camera angle I see is never quite aimed downwards in that direction. Or do male giraffes have some protrusion on their heads I'm not aware of?

It's underneath. He was walking around outside a few minutes ago. I put it on full screen and practically stuck my face onto the monitor until I saw "it".

Personally, I think Autumn looks like a pregnant giraffe, and that the males should wear underwear. And someone should brush their tails -- the hair is tangled.

Guest inoubliable
It's underneath. He was walking around outside a few minutes ago. I put it on full screen and practically stuck my face onto the monitor until I saw "it".

Personally, I think Autumn looks like a pregnant giraffe, and that the males should wear underwear. And someone should brush their tails -- the hair is tangled.

Well, sure, that makes sense. But, honestly, I never have a good angle to see. I guess I'll have to....stare harder. :lol:

And, about the tail? Yeah. That annoys me, too.

Do you think that her labor has stalled? She seemed like she was in almost constant distress this morning and...now looks like she's enjoying a yummy lunch...JEEPERS...I need this baby to arrive so I can get something done. The kids are getting grumpy (all the excess screen time watching the giraffes) and..the house is falling apart! LOL!!! At least I remembered to make dinner...

I have been watching for over a week and I have not seen any new behavior in the last day or two that I saw in all that time. I saw everything that was going on this morning before, quite a bit of it many times. If I had to guess I would say maybe BH.

Anyhow, it is quite frustrating to keep reading (not just here either) that oh my goodness, she is actually having her baby right now. Hurry, quick before you miss it and I go there and she isn't even doing anything new. Most of the time she is just still eating. I am pretty sure that she will stop eating hours before she actually goes into labor. I have described her daily routine somehwere on this thread but I don't feel like looking for it right now. In any case, I think it will be helpful in deciding what the chances are that she is in labor at any given time.

I am not trying to be snarky but I have had this giraffee on screen 24/7 for more than a week and not only am I getting frustrating waiting I am getting frustrated with people who are poping in for the first time in the last 24 hours and saying that she is definitely having the baby right now. I am going to take a nap. That will probably pretty much guarantee that she will have her baby. :001_smile: