Menu

"What kind of man drops his pants...

within seconds of walking into the house?"

I posed this question to my dh, who was in his boxer shorts literally by the time he had walked across the living room after work today.

His answer: "All men."

Yes, it is a hot day out there, but friends, do all men really strip off thier pants when they enter the home? Or am I married to a barbarian? A pantless barbarian... :glare:

I posed this question to my dh, who was in his boxer shorts literally by the time he had walked across the living room after work today.

Yes, it is a hot day out there, but friends, do all men really strip off thier pants when they enter the home? Or am I married to a barbarian? A pantless barbarian... :glare:

Pantless barbarian. :lol:

Bud doesn't leave our bedroom if he's not completely dressed down to his shoes and socks. Drives me nuts. Sometimes I'd like him to just :chillpill: with me!

Alas, I'm quite sure there is a reason you are married to yours and I am married to mine. Aren't you? :001_smile:

Italians, I think. :D

Um, well...I hate to be the one to tell you this, but...(cough, cough)...:D Can't say I know of a whole lotta guys who take that approach. Does he leer at you while standing in said boxers?:tongue_smilie:

Now, here in dairyland, things aren't the norm, either. Since dh's work clothes are covered with all manner of unmentionables, he strips in the mud room. And then just inside the house, he dons old jeans and shirt for house wear. Except sometimes, there's this time lapse between the stripping of the work clothes and the donning of the other stuff. During which time he's standing at the kitchen table in his underwear, looking through the mail or whatever. So be it if someone comes to the kitchen (our front) door at that moment. It's like he doesn't even realize he's practically naked. So your barbarian and mine might just get along fine.:bigear:

Pantless barbarian. :lol:

Bud doesn't leave our bedroom if he's not completely dressed down to his shoes and socks. Drives me nuts. Sometimes I'd like him to just :chillpill: with me!

Alas, I'm quite sure there is a reason you are married to yours and I am married to mine. Aren't you? :001_smile:

Mine must change the moment he gets home, but can only do that in the bedroom. So I say hello to the blur whizzing by, hear the door click, then he's pantless, I imagine, then he emerges fully dressed in "house casual" (shorts and tee or polo, usually). You should see the pain and agony this man suffers if the change from work clothes (which are usually pants and a polo - SO restrictive!) is delayed by 30 or so seconds.

They're all a little weird, I think.

I suppose it depends on what sort of pants he has to wear all day. Are they perfectly pressed Dockers? Cause I'd want to get out of those and into some sort of loungey shorts ASAP after work, though I'd draw the line at the unmentionables. My dh has an incredibly casual work "uniform"...strange t-shirts and carpenter shorts. So there's no great need to dress down after work.

Maybe get your dh some basketball-type shorts to throw on over the boxers? To take the barbarian edge off? :001_smile:

My man! He works in this awful heat and has to crawl around peoples attics and such......I don't blame him! yesterday he walked in and laid down on the kitchen floor cause the floor was cooler. :tongue_smilie: Poor guy!

ETA: Is it lay, laid, or layed??? I am having a brain fart.

Normally DH is a very pulled together guy, and I would have just chuckled when I read the OPs question.

But yesterday, he returned from a 10-day business trip to France, unloaded all the gifts he'd brought back, and then stripped down to his boxer briefs in the living room and headed upstairs for a shower, leaving his bags and clothing in the front hall. It was very odd and unlike him. I'm attributing it to jetlag and not some kind of pre-senile demetia. After the shower, he took all his stuff upstairs, unpacked and put the bags away.

Dear man brought me a bunch of completer pieces for our Villeroy and Boch china that he found at some discount mall. So a momentary lapse of propriety is completly forgiven!

Oh goodness!!! I thought you were talking about my dh. Maybe you read something I posted about this or something and were asking.

I would love it if my dh kept his pants on for at least 30 seconds after walking in the door.

DS6 and DS4 strip right away and one day, I said, "I wonder when Grayson and Gavin will start keeping their clothes on at home" and DS13 laughed and said "when Dad does." LOL

I suppose it depends on what sort of pants he has to wear all day. Are they perfectly pressed Dockers? Cause I'd want to get out of those and into some sort of loungey shorts ASAP after work, though I'd draw the line at the unmentionables. My dh has an incredibly casual work "uniform"...strange t-shirts and carpenter shorts. So there's no great need to dress down after work.

Maybe get your dh some basketball-type shorts to throw on over the boxers? To take the barbarian edge off? :001_smile:

Worst part is...My dh does not wear boxers..he wears whiteys. And he does have some great sweat short type things. He doesn't usually bother with them.

I am married to a pantless barbarian, too. His favorite days are work from home days. I get home from a full day of teachng, and he is still in his go boxers. But he has sexy abercrombie boxers, so I don't mind. He will follow me upstairs for a debriefing.

I've got one here. I sexy, hunky (albeit forgetful) barbarian. But hey, I rip my bra off as soon as I walk in the door. What's the female version of a barbarian???

Dear man brought me a bunch of completer pieces for our Villeroy and Boch china that he found at some discount mall. So a momentary lapse of propriety is completly forgiven!

That's the most remarkable thing I've ever read. That he would 1) think to buy china and 2) know what pattern to buy is just amazing.

My dh wears dockers and a polo to work. He normally has his shoes, pants, and socks off within 30 seconds of walking through the front door. He usually takes them off in the bedroom and stays in his boxer briefs for the remainder of the night. An amusing sight paired with a polo shirt, but after this long, it's starting to look normal :D

But hey, I rip my bra off as soon as I walk in the door. What's the female version of a barbarian???
Brabaroness??? :lol:

My dh tends to leave his work clothes (which are dockers and nice shirt and tie) on 'til bedtime! What's with that?! He has a wide comfort zone! There are some days I wish he WOULD do that, I'd be ready for a business meeting to discuss options! ;)

I am married to a pantless barbarian, too. His favorite days are work from home days. I get home from a full day of teachng, and he is still in his go boxers. But he has sexy abercrombie boxers, so I don't mind. He will follow me upstairs for a debriefing.

LOL..that is so funny. I think I will go buy some of those for my dh. My dh works from home too 2-3 days a week and will stay pantless while taking business meetings. Fortunately, it is not a video camera.

Dh comes in from work, takes off his shoes at the door, goes to the kitchen and rinses out his coffee cup, unloads his pockets in the bedroom, then goes straight into the bathroom and takes a shower. Sometimes he comes out with nightpants, but most of the time he comes out in boxer shorts and that is what he is in for the rest of the night.

That's the most remarkable thing I've ever read. That he would 1) think to buy china and 2) know what pattern to buy is just amazing.

I did not even think of that. You are right..that IS amazing. My dh probably doesnt realize we have "good dishes" and "the usual dishes."

Yes, within a few seconds inside the door.. hot Levi 501s are off. Funny, we had a friend stay with us over the weekend. He now lives in France. He came down for breakfast in his boxers. Both my girls were like, "Mom his is not wearing any pants!" I told them they were like shorts, and really they were. So maybe it's not just dirty & hot US men. :lol:

Okay, I'll amaze you even further - my dh has always bought ALL of my dishes. And no, he never asks me which ones to get. And this is a man who builds rock walls for fun. :001_smile:

Um, no, none of the men in my house run around in their underwear, LOL. My husband in past has taken his pants off in the garage after mowing because they were covered in grass. He did this while the garage door was open (no one was around, says he). After some chastisement, he has not done this in recent years, so far as I know....

But I must say that I do tend to keep my house freezing cold, so perhaps I discourage nakedness....

Actually, I'm certain my DH would prefer to be completely NAKED the moment he walked into the house. Heck, he'd probably prefer to be naked most of the time even outside the house! And I'd bet he would say most men feel the same way.

Not to say DH IS naked most of the time, unfortunately. He's quite hunky, but usually clothed. :001_smile:

Michelle T

Italians, I think. :D

Hmmm, dh is only 1/4 Italian, so maybe that's why he doesn't quite drop them at the door. His mom and sis are going to the family reunion for the Italian side. Should I have them poll everyone?:lol:

Dh works outside in the heat. He comes in and takes a shower and then walks around in either boxer shorts and a T-shirt or comfy gym shorts and a T-shirt. He has a hard time getting cool in the evenings after work. He does the same in the winter except he may occasionally substitute a pair of pajama pants for the boxer shorts or shorts. He does put on something more than the boxers if we have company:D

From reading the responses, it seems that the husbands who strip in the living room have no daughters, but that husbands with daughters change in the bedroom.

Perhaps the key to getting a man to keep his pants on in the living room is to spend some time with him in the bedrom with the pants off (and hope for a girl) ;)

What kind of guy would do that?

The guy who pours concrete all day in the 90-degree and spends the majority of the time in a 9-foot deep hole where there is no breeze. Between the hole in the ground and his diabetes, he's really putting himself at risk for heatstroke...he nearly accomplished it last week.

Of course, this guy has no little girls at home and needs to strip off as soon as possible to get the concrete off him--concrete burns are not fun.

Now, the fact that he slumps, freshly showered and in boxer briefs, into the recliner with the fan blowing on him is all barbarian. The contented sigh as he sinks into the upholstery tells us that all is right with the world.

:thumbup1:

He doesn't always disrobe right away. He does disrobe in the bedroom in order to hang up his clothes etc. He wears boxers. We have daughters. He sleeps in the raw.

I swear my husband would go grocery shopping naked if it was allowed.

Maybe I shouldn't submit this!

I really can't imagine him doing that, not that there is anything really wrong with it. It's definitely a personality/style thing. I think that even if my DH lived alone, he probably would change into shorts when he got home, but I can't see him in underwear. Certainly not in the 15 years we've been married, but I'm NOT saying there is anything really wrong with it. Just that not all men do it.

But I bet my DH is 20 years older than yours, and that's possibly part of it.

But that's a good point. While I'm sure that there are many men who just wouldn't walk around their homes in underwear even without daughters, I'm sure daughters make that even more unlikely.

I remember spending a night with a girlfriend whose step father walked around in underwear. Yick. It horrified me!