Menu

Who feels like a kerfluffle? :P What is your favorite kcup flavor?

I've waffled about a Keurig for a while. I think all the back and forthing on the stolen kcup thread pushed me into the "yes" mindset :tongue_smilie: I've decided to explore the world of kcup coffee, and, possibly, increase the mountain of trash in my own little corner of the world ;)

So, spill, what are your favorite kcups?

Vermont blend. Donut house is okay. When we got ours we got a sampler box. Definitely worth it to try out popular flavors. They are too expensive to get stuck with a box of cups you don't care for.

If you do I've heard somebody's inlaws are pretty fond of them. :D

Did you do one of the samplers from Amazon?

Donut House Chocolate Glazed Donut

I'll second that one! :001_smile:

I also love Donut House Cinnamon Roll. :001_wub:

(Tell me more about the Gloria Jean's mudslide!!!)

I like a lot of other flavors, too, but those are my favorites that I drink every day.

We aren't coffee people at all, but reading the previous thread, I learned the k-cups make many other things besides coffee. My girls love hot chocolate in the winter and then we could keep some coffee on hand for the occasional guests!

We've kept a little coffee maker here before, but then the coffee would be old by the time someone would visit, or I bought the wrong kind, wrong filter, etc. Sounds like I just justified a Keurig purchase :).

Gloria Jean's Butter Toffee and Caribou's Mahogany are my favorites. I've only seen them online though- we order them right from Keurig.

The Green Mountain Wild Blueberry was a really surprising flavor. I like that one too- and I usually really dislike fruity coffees. This one tastes like you're having a good blueberry muffin with your cup of coffee.

I've waffled about a Keurig for a while. I think all the back and forthing on the stolen kcup thread pushed me into the "yes" mindset :tongue_smilie: I've decided to explore the world of kcup coffee, and, possibly, increase the mountain of trash in my own little corner of the world ;)

So, spill, what are your favorite kcups?

I don't understand why some people want to use these expensive machines to brew a cup of coffee at home...

(Just kidding! I think they are fantastic. Just trying to start a kerfuffle for you...)

Vermont blend. Donut house is okay. When we got ours we got a sampler box. Definitely worth it to try out popular flavors. They are too expensive to get stuck with a box of cups you don't care for.

If you do I've heard somebody's inlaws are pretty fond of them. :D

:lol::lol::lol:

If you are drinking donut house coffee, which flavor cupcake do you like to go with it?:lol::lol::lol:

Gloria Jean's Butter Toffee of

This is the one that made me drool and decide I probably needed to try Keurig!

I don't understand why some people want to use these expensive machines to brew a cup of coffee at home...

(Just kidding! I think they are fantastic. Just trying to start a kerfuffle for you...)

;)

We aren't coffee people at all, but reading the previous thread, I learned the k-cups make many other things besides coffee. My girls love hot chocolate in the winter and then we could keep some coffee on hand for the occasional guests!

We've kept a little coffee maker here before, but then the coffee would be old by the time someone would visit, or I bought the wrong kind, wrong filter, etc. Sounds like I just justified a Keurig purchase :).

Unfortunately, the hot chocolate K-Cups just aren't very good. I think we've tried them all, and much to our surprise the Swiss Miss are the best, but it's the best of a not very good lot.

Fortunately, I have ANOTHER single-serving brewer called a Dolce Gusto. Makes THE BEST lattes, espressos and hot chocolate! You know I'm an addict when you see the THREE coffee making machines on my countertop (I have a regular pot, too)!

Green Mountain Dark Magic!

I forgot about that one, I like that too!

My Keurig is dying on me. Has this happened to anyone else? Less water is coming through and the temp is cooler. So I am getting smaller, colder cups of coffee. (We have cleaned it, descaled it, made sure the needle area isn't blocked etc...) How long do most peoples machine's last.

Green Mountain's Double Black Diamond. Yummy, esp. with real cream and sugar! It's unavailable locally; I have to buy online (amazon) and it's pricier than most other brands/flavors.

I prefer Dark Magic, because it's readily available. But then, I usually buy regular coffee grounds these days and use my ekobrew cup. Pre-filled cups are for special occasions and really, really busy mornings.

Kailua and Donut House Coconut Mocha. It's a tie...don't make me choose :D. Seriously, if you haven't tried the Kailua...DO IT!

My dc love the hot chocolate. It is pretty rich so I water it down for them. Maybe they just have low expectations for hot cocoa. They just convinced me to buy apple cider kcups so we'll see how those are. And yes, it is still in the high 90's here in SA :tongue_smilie:

Dh and I aren't really gadgety people but the Keurig was a nice Mother's Day gift to me. Anything to make momma happy in the morning.

Hmmm...we don't have a Keurig. But, my sil bought one for mil who doesn't like the cost and packaging of dealing with K-cups. So, one a regular day, she runs folgers through it. On special occasions, she breaks out the Tim Horton's breakfast blend. :D

Of the two, Tim Horton's wins. :biggrinjester:

Faith

My kids also use the Kurig for hot water for their instant oatmeal. Even my 6 year old can do it. Puts the water right in the bowl with the oatmeal.

If you like hot chocolate, try Cafe Escapes Cafe Mocha k-cups. It has a little coffee in it I think, but it really just tastes like really good hot chocolate. I can't taste any coffee. I just bought those at the grocery store once when they were on sale, and now I always have my eye out for another sale. I personally like the Green Mountain Apple Cider, but I'm perfectly happy with just using the machine for a cup of hot water and adding one of those packets of instant cider too it as well. Not quite as good, but WAY cheaper.

Edited by mandymom

I forgot about that one, I like that too!

My Keurig is dying on me. Has this happened to anyone else? Less water is coming through and the temp is cooler. So I am getting smaller, colder cups of coffee. (We have cleaned it, descaled it, made sure the needle area isn't blocked etc...) How long do most peoples machine's last.

How old is your machine? We had this happen with ours a few weeks ago. DH called to talk to customer service, and they replaced our machine free of charge- but we were still under the one year warranty period.