Menu

If this doesn't make you laugh. . . .

OK, folks I kid you not.

That's an eggplant.

My three-year old is sleeping with it.

I did. not. stage. this. photo.

We don't like eggplant. We don't even EAT eggplant. She's been asking for one for three days. So this morning - I bought her one. Best $1.50 I ever spent. Eggie has been to a birthday party, for a walk in a stroller, put nite-nite in a crib, and now this.

Made my day!!! :lol:

post-1085-13535082622172_thumb.jpg

post-1085-13535082622172_thumb.jpg

OK, folks I kid you not.

That's an eggplant.

My three-year old is sleeping with it.

I did. not. stage. this. photo.

We don't like eggplant. We don't even EAT eggplant. She's been asking for one for three days. So this morning - I bought her one. Best $1.50 I ever spent. Eggie has been to a birthday party, for a walk in a stroller, put nite-nite in a crib, and now this.

Made my day!!! :lol:

That is SO cute! Where'd she hear about eggplant?! Oh, my...that's a picture for the rehearsal dinner someday! How sweet!

Love it! This will be one of those photos/moments that ya'll will laugh at years from now!!

Do ya'll watch Veggie Tales???? Or, maybe it is just the nice cold feeling of the eggplant on a hot summer day that is soothing. What are you going to do when it starts to rot? :lol::lol:;)

Love it! This will be one of those photos/moments that ya'll will laugh at years from now!!

Do ya'll watch Veggie Tales???? Or, maybe it is just the nice cold feeling of the eggplant on a hot summer day that is soothing. What are you going to do when it starts to rot? :lol::lol:;)

We love VTs! We're on our second round of them - they don't have an eggplant, do they?

Oh, man - I had NOT thought about the "disintegration" of our dear friend. Sigh. Maybe I'll buy a new one each day and switch it. Or - more likely - in 24 hours she'll be on to something else new and unusual. This kid's a hoot, that's for sure!

I've had a tough week. The Lord knew I needed a laugh!

That's darling! A keeper for the scrap book for sure.

Reminds of the time I bought a small crate of oranges. My kids started taking them out and drawing all kinds of faces on them and playing games with them. I think they ruined over half of them b/c they played with them for about 3 days. Bunch of weirdos! :lol:

Eggplant went to church with us!

I guess I'm a baaaaad Mommy, but eggplant went to church. Thankfully, it's a big church, so most people probably just thought I let her carry it home after someone gave it to us. . . .

Little did they know - :D

Eggplant went to church with us!

I guess I'm a baaaaad Mommy, but eggplant went to church. Thankfully, it's a big church, so most people probably just thought I let her carry it home after someone gave it to us. . . .

Little did they know - :D

I hope you checked to see whether or not if they were taking food donations to feed the hungry today.:lol:

That would not be a pretty sight.

It is deeee-lish!

Baba Ganouj

4 Medium-small eggplants

Juice from two lemons

1 cup tahini

6 cloves of garlic

1 cup finely chopped parsley

2 teaspoons of salt

1/2 cup finely minced scallions

Black pepper

2 tablespoons olive oil

Cut off and throw out the stem-ends of the eggplants.

Prick the eggplants all over with a fork.

Place them directly on an oven rack (preheated to 400 degrees), and roast them slowly until they pop (about 45 minutes).

When they are sagging, wrinkled, crumpled and totally soft, they are ready.

Remove them from the oven and wait for them to cool enough to handle.

Scoop out the insides and mash them.

Combine will all other ingredients except the olive oil.

Chill completely. Drizzle olive oil on just before serving.

Serves: 12 (with pita)

Preparation time: 90 min (prepare a day in advance)