Menu

Rugrats TV Show

I hate Rugrats! They are whiny and annoying, in my opinion.

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

I used to work as a nanny, and Rugrats were huge back then. I *HATED* that show! Fortunately, we don't have cable/satellite so it's not an issue for our family.

My olders watched it back in the day. We tried to watch an episode recently so my 5 and 7yo would know what it was all about. We barely made it through said episode it was so loud, grating, and whiny. And my younger girls thought the animation was so ugly.

Strange how 15 years can make such a change in my ears. :)

I hate the show! DSS used to watch it a lot, especially the movie. I find it more annoying than objectionable (like Dragon Tales...I used to secretly wish a knight would come and slay the dragons). My DDs watched an episode or two on Netflix and didn't care for it. Whew!

No. I am so annoyed by that show that I can't even say if I object to the content. Thankfully, my dc agree so it isn't an issue. We feel the same way about Sponge Bob.

This. But we don't allow much tv. Maybe 2 hrs per week is all we watch/have time for.

Thanks for all of the replies. Today is very HOT here (high of 103!) and I have no plans to leave the house. Dh is out of town and I am working on deep cleaning. We have Netflix and I was looking for something new for the kids to watch. I remembered thinking Rugrats was funny way back when in my pre-kids days, but couldn't really remember the details. Just curious to know the Hive's opinion! :D

Btw, my kids watched a few episodes and enjoyed them. Thanks again!

My olders watched it back in the day. We tried to watch an episode recently so my 5 and 7yo would know what it was all about. We barely made it through said episode it was so loud, grating, and whiny. And my younger girls thought the animation was so ugly.

Strange how 15 years can make such a change in my ears. :)

:iagree: My 20 dd watched it some when she was little but by the time the twins came along (10 years later) I banned it. Along with Caiu (sp?) and any other whining, disobedient cartoon children. I just couldn't stand listening to it at that point.

Um ... DD has never seen the show (we aren't TV people) but I used to watch it as a kid. Don't remember anything objectionable but kids normally don't. :tongue_smilie: