Menu

A wedding and a funeral

My eldest dd is getting married on Saturday. We are very excited and are in the midst of all of the last minute preparations.

But this afternoon we pay respects to my 21yo cousin who died unexpectedly on Sunday morning. Last weekend my aunt held a shower for my dd. Her 21yo grandson, who lives with her, arrived home from work during the shower, changed for a camping trip, came in the room and hugged all the ladies, told us he'd see us at the wedding, and left. He never came home. His friends found him unresponsive in his tent the next morning. My heart aches for my aunt and uncle, and my cousin (the boy's mom). Please pray for this family.

And now for the selfish part.....the little last minute wedding stresses are seeming small and insignificant at this point, but they are still there. Please pray that everything else falls into place and that we can have a joyous, beautiful, God honoring wedding despite this tragedy.

Specifically:

Dd#2 is making all the dresses (including mine). She just needs to hem 2 dresses and fix the sleeves and bodice on hers, but our week is much more hectic and sad since we travel 2 hours to the visitation this afternoon. Please pray that she can finish the last minute details before we leave at noon.

I'm almost 24 weeks pregnant and I don't have a lot of stamina. I need strength to get through the next three days. I've been up for 2 hours with an upset stomach - that needs to stop!

I keep waking up at 5am and can't sleep - I need more rest!

Dd #1 is breaking out on her face and we need to figure out a make-up fix....fast!

My cousin (aunt of the boy who died) was going to come stay here this weekend, fix my little girls' hair for the wedding, fix breakfast for everyone, and generally relieve our wedding morning stress. Now she's (understandably) staying with her family, but I'll miss her and her helpful hands.

Lots of out of town company will be here after the wedding. My dh wants me to entertain out of town family Sat. night after the wedding and more family again on Sunday night. Dh is an extremely helpful and competent host, and he says he'll do it all while I rest, but I know I'm going to be exhausted.

My pregnant hormones are brewing and I don't know how to control my tears. Please pray that I can keep it together during both the wedding and funeral.

oh, how sad. i am sooooo sorry.

praying for you. the last 48 hours before dd got married, i started calling all those folks who had said "let me know if i can help you do anything", and giving them jobs. it turned out that folks love to help with weddings (maybe it brings back memories? helps them feel included and part of the love?). one of my neighbors who had never met much of my family said it made her feel part of the family to be included in the folding of church bulletins, another said almost the same thing when asked to take another to pick up the wedding dress from the dry cleaners. i wish so much that i had asked some of them to help with the breakfast the day after the wedding.

:grouphug:

ann

My pregnant hormones are brewing and I don't know how to control my tears. Please pray that I can keep it together during both the wedding and funeral.

Many hugs to you! I read about your surprise pregnancy awhile ago, and I had a peek at your dress thread, too. You are going through so much! Praying that these next few days will be filled with restful, joyful surprises for you.

Post a pic of you in your dress in a few weeks, OK? ;)

oh, how sad. i am sooooo sorry.

praying for you. the last 48 hours before dd got married, i started calling all those folks who had said "let me know if i can help you do anything", and giving them jobs. it turned out that folks love to help with weddings (maybe it brings back memories? helps them feel included and part of the love?). one of my neighbors who had never met much of my family said it made her feel part of the family to be included in the folding of church bulletins, another said almost the same thing when asked to take another to pick up the wedding dress from the dry cleaners. i wish so much that i had asked some of them to help with the breakfast the day after the wedding.

ann

I am sure there are plenty of ladies who would be more than happy to come help with baths, tying bows and buckling shoes.

ABout the skin break-outs: Did she get a facial? Many brides get these to pamper themselves. While they are absolutely relaxing, they do stimulate the skin and can bring out all the toxins at once- resulting in breakouts. While it is *good* to get all of that out, it;s not best right at the wedding time.

Anyway, she will be a beautiful bride, even with a pimple or two on her wedding day. Photoshop will erase it all from the wedding pictures.

If you have a health food store near you, try Rescue Cream. http://www.nelsonsnaturalworld.com/en-us/us/our-brands/rescue-remedy/our-products/the-original-rescue-remedy/#rcream This stuff is a miracle in a tube!