Menu

Which item of clothing are you happiest to take off at night?

Which item(s) of clothing are you happiest to take off at night?  

1. 1. Which item(s) of clothing are you happiest to take off at night?

• hat or outdoor jacket, coat or sweater, outer wear
    • indoor jacket/sweatshirt/indoor sweater (worn as an additional layer)
    • shirt/sweater (worn as primary layer)
    • pants/shorts/capri etc
    • undergarments (worn on torso)
    • socks/stockings/nylons/tights ect
    • shoes/boots/foot wear (not socks)
    • headcovering/hair accessories of any kind
    • other, something not listed (ie uniform, medical device, jumpsuit, lol)
    • I just want to see the results but not vote. LOL

At night, when the house is getting quieter, and you are settling in, what item of clothing are you relieved to take off? Specifically the one that gives you the 'ahhhhhh, I am finally off duty:thumbup:' feel.

Edited by Tap, tap, tap

Er...it's my bra and sometimes it comes off well before nighttime.

:iagree:I need to get a new one. I am down to 1 and the wire on one side broke, so I only wear it when leaving the house. If home I have decided that saggy is worth the comfort of braless life. Especially on the hot days :D

For me, it is my socks. LOL I wear wool high socks most of the time, but even taking off my lighter weight cotton socks in the summer, makes me very happy. LOL I wear wool snow board socks because I had vericose veins years ago and work on my feet. The compression from the socks helps my veins/legs and are much more comfortable than my prescription stockings.

For me I guess it would be pants. I live in shorts and tops inside the house and often sleep in them too so it's not a huge change from day to night, but I almost always wear pants when I go out of the house anywhere and the first thing I do when I come home is take them off and put my shorts on again.

:iagree:

I used to say "There are no bras in heaven, I just know it" to my husband. It just has to be true.

Edited by milovaný

This, and that. :001_smile: And to think in my youth I was happy not to be flat chested.

ETA: They policy results put me in mind of the Dragon's Den episode of The IT Crowd.

Edited by nmoira

I don't wear bras in the house. I wear very loose fitting/large T-shirts and Yoga type pants around the house.

So, when I get home I immediately take off my bra and jeans and put on my yoga type pants.

Clothing can be quite restrictive!

Definitely bra. If it were socially acceptable I'd ditch it altogether.

My In-Laws laugh...they are prone to stopping in fairly early on Thursdays and Fridays, and I can't tell you how many times I've heard "Where's Apryl?" And my dh answering "She went to put on a bra." :glare::lol:

I don't wear anything all day that I'm dying to take off. I do have a hard time with binding clothes, but I simply don't wear them unless I have to be presentable (e.g., I pull on jeans and socks when I go out). I can tolerate the jeans better than the socks with their binding elastic.

On days that I have to dress up for work - roughly 1-2 times per month on average - I am dying to take it all off. The heels, bra, pantyhose, and anything else that is tight, scratchy, or high maintenance.

I started reading the responses, then decided I was probably more safe if I skipped the rest.

For me it is my shoes/boots. After a long day at work it feels so good to pull my boots off. THAT is when I feel like my work day is over.

One of the most vivid memories of my father is helping him take off his boots at night. He wore Redwings that laced up the front. He had large fingers and it wasn't easy for him to unlace them to take them off. I would unlace and take them off for him, pulling so hard that I would just about fall backwards on my butt taking them off. LOL I have such fond memories of his boots. :0)

Well, that pesky undergarment for the torso, of course!

I must say, though, that I do my best to wear comfy clothing, go barefoot and avoid coats, hats & sweaters at all costs. I grew up in a very warm climate and can't stand having to wear winter clothes. My answer was based on the assumption that, most days, I am already wearing as light clothing as possible. So there's not much left to cast off by late in the day.:D