How long can you go without washing/putting away clean clothes  

1. 1. How long can you go without washing/putting away clean clothes

• Less than seven days
    • Eight to fourteen days
    • Fifteen to twenty-one days
    • Twenty-two to twenty-eight days
    • More than a month
    • Other

I say less than 7, but honestly it is probably right at 8-9 or so. But if I go more than 7 days, I am into the clothes that don't fit great....so I don't really count them. I do laundry once a week, on the same day each time, and when I do our closets are pretty picked over.

ETA: I reduced my wardrobe a few years ago. I have less at one time, but at the end of each season I toss several items. I don't carry over much from season to season that way. It keeps my wardrobe more up to date and fitting better. I keep one small tote of jeans/snug sweaters for seasons when my weight drops a bit.

Edited by Tap, tap, tap

Just me?

Does it include undergarments? If yes, then about 2 weeks. Then I would be out of panties. :tongue_smilie:

If not, then I could go about two months. I have a lot of clothes!

If this includes my whole family, then I could go about one week because the males in my house could care less about clothes and have about a week's worth.

Just me?

Does it include undergarments? If yes, then about 2 weeks. Then I would be out of panties. :tongue_smilie:

If not, then I could go about two months. I have a lot of clothes!

If this includes my whole family, then I could go about one week because the males in my house could care less about clothes and have about a week's worth.

I don't keep many clothes for the boys because they grow so fast. For me: I have four pairs of jeans and two pairs of lined jeans. That's pretty much all I wear, so I could last between four days (in cold weather) and eight days (the rest of the year).

Laura

Uh, how much do I weigh at the time? :lol:

As far as unders, I learned in college that 28 days of unders are essential gear. I've never wavered from that position.

If I'm mid-weight, I can go 3 weeks. If I'm heavy, I can go a week. If I'm smokin' hot (which at 47 is never), I could go a month.

My ds, who's 5, can still wear some 24 mo shorts, so he can go just about forever!

I really can't answer! I'd say on most clothes, about a week-ish. Then someone is out of something. But if I took everyone individually, some can go longer than others, and everyone can go longer when it's hot than when it's cold. We have very few cold weather clothes, due to where we live, so when it is cold, they run out faster.

is mine the only family that wears jeans or pants more than a couple of days (as in several days) before washing? I don't think we stink lol but maybe I am wrong.

We wear pants several times unless they get muddy or REALLY dirty. The kids play outside every day and I see no need to have clean jeans just to get 'em dirtied up again. I wear pants a few times because I can manage to keep them pretty clean.

We wear pants several times unless they get muddy or REALLY dirty. The kids play outside every day and I see no need to have clean jeans just to get 'em dirtied up again. I wear pants a few times because I can manage to keep them pretty clean.

Same here. I answered based on how far our wardrobes would stretch if we changed once a day, not on how we wear clothes or how often I actually launder.

I said no longer than seven days. We wash everyday, somedays twice daily. We hang dry our clothes and will only ise the dryer for emrgencies, i.e. my son special long jones and long sleve vests.

If not counting underclothes my husband probably has enough clothes for over a month but he wears several sets a day. I probably have enough for over a month but most are ill fitted and since I am still working hard on loosing weight I only bought a few fitted sets. So if I want to wear nice fitted clothes I have to wash every couple of days.

My daughter just grew out of many of her clothes but I think she could stil go over a week.

My son has enough clothes for over two weeks but we only have enough sets for his special underclothes for two days so we need to wash and dry these every day. He has extreme allergies and eczema and has to have two layers of special tight fitted cotton vests, long jones, special socks and hand covers changed twice daily. We cover him up with cream and oil, then a layer of wet special clothes, covers and bandages and then a dry layer. After this then we put on his normal clothes.

Therefore we have to wash daily...

is mine the only family that wears jeans or pants more than a couple of days (as in several days) before washing? I don't think we stink lol but maybe I am wrong.

We used to when we lived in the states but it is SO HOT here and everyone sweats so much that you HAVE to wash everything after wearing it once. It definitely wears your clothes out faster.

Probably about 5 days. But maybe longer for my son, he has a lot of clothes. My dd needs some more outifts, she has grown so fast the last year she is a little short of clothes and tends to completely run out after 5-7 days though she might go a little longer in a dry hot weather as she can make use of all the summer tops and thin dresses she has (not that that happens very often).

Well for me, not to long since my booKs have recently grown in the past year and I have only one booKshelve I can run around in. (As in do anything other then sit without one book escaping the shelve)

As for my boys, they have only two or three shorts they like to wear, but they are happy to wear them till the dirt of them grows intelligence. But I suppose that is not something to encourage.

I do, my husband does when possible.

(He bikes to work and sometimes gets a dirty line of spray on his pants if there are puddles out. In that case he sometimes needs two sets of pants for the day)

My boys would wear the same outfit for weeks. I do make them change more often then that, but they can't really fathom why.

Definitely less than 7. I only have 4 pairs of pants and 2 of those are pants I won't wear outside the house. I have about 5 shirts that are presentable. The rest are old shirts I sleep in. I have the smallest wardrobe in the house, but no one has a lot. Our closets are small so we don't own a lot of clothing.

Wow, I cannot even remember the last time I bought clothing for myself. Hm..

I have 2 pair of jeans that fit right now and one pair of threadbare yoga pants. Dh has junk jeans for work, but probably 6 pair of those with 2 pair of out-of-the -house jeans. As for the children it depends on age and size. Younger two have tons of shirts, but dd only has a few pair of pants that fit. Ds, 13, keeps outgrowing EVERYTHING. Ds, 15, is just hard on clothes. Dd, 18, has quite a bit of clothing, and ds, 20, buys his own these days, so he waits until they are falling apart to replace anything. (Car parts are MUCH more important than mere clothing. LOL) :lol:

Well for me, not to long since my booKs have recently grown in the past year and I have only one booKshelve I can run around in. (As in do anything other then sit without one book escaping the shelve)

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

(I wasn't going to mention my undergarments for fear I'd sound pathetic!)

we are minimalist in the clothes dept. Dh has the most b/c he works outside the home. Coming up on summer my kids have 4 outfits each that are presentable for public viewing :lol: There are some other random things they could wear on day 5 if we were home...

I do laundry every 3rd day.

Reasoning is, in winter it's when the basket is full.

But summer reasoning is simply b/c the kids and I literally have 4 outfits each.

I have no interest in having more clothes. Laundry is just something we are used to here. Everyone can do it, so it's not a burden to just one of us. I will say that once my ds was tired of putting up his 3 outfits so he was allowed to do his own that week. He figured out pretty quick how naked he would be if he didn't put up his clothes :tongue_smilie:

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

(I wasn't going to mention my undergarments for fear I'd sound pathetic!)

Humph! (Pretend mad face):mad:

I'm not pathetic. I have lots of nice booKshelves. All a size D or DD which I bought 2 years ago, at least 10 nice booKshelves.

The problem is I grew. :glare: Non pregnant, have breastfeed for 4 years and I grew! I think I'm a E or F on one side and a D or DD on the other side.

No, you are not...We do this as well, but still can't go for a week without washing clothes because of underwear, tops, and socks...

As for my boys, they have only two or three shorts they like to wear, but they are happy to wear them till the dirt of them grows intelligence. But I suppose that is not something to encourage.

You mean there is still a chance my books will finish growing! :lol:...They have never "escaped" from any shelf :tongue_smilie:

I put 8-14. I always make sure each person owns enough shirts for 2 weeks without washing just in case, I tend to wash once a week, but want to have back ups in case of spills.

We also all own about 4 pairs of jeans and yes we'll wear them 3 days or so before we change them unless they get spilled on or we're playing in mud or something.

I had to laugh at the lady who's dh has a multitude of underwear. I'm that way with my dh. I always send him with a 2 month supply when he goes for deployment because I never know how crazy the ships laundry could get. I also refuse to let that stuff come back into my house when he returns. By the time the ships laundry is done with them over the course of deployment, well let's just say I have garage rags that look nicer than what he'd bring back. He always has a 30 day supply of fresh underwear when he gets home from deployment. It's now a running joke that the underwear fairy always visits his drawer right before they pull into port.