Menu

Could you pray for my sister?

I will pray. For her to permenantly move out, and get healthy, it is imperative that she understand the abuse cycle. If you/she don't already know, I can recommend some material.

Also, please know that, statistically, she will be MORE at risk after she leaves. He is likely to either rage or go into a frenzy of looking like he's getting help.

Having the number for the local domestic violence shelter/safe house is important.

I will pray. For her to permenantly move out, and get healthy, it is imperative that she understand the abuse cycle. If you/she don't already know, I can recommend some material.

Also, please know that, statistically, she will be MORE at risk after she leaves. He is likely to either rage or go into a frenzy of looking like he's getting help.

Having the number for the local domestic violence shelter/safe house is important.

Agree with all of the above. Also, consider editing your post. You all will need to be cautious.

Are you sure you want so many identifying details given what is happening? :grouphug:

ETA: I am praying! (I'd just hate for him to find out at the last minute.)

I agree with the others suggesting you edit the post or ask for it to be removed.

I'll be praying for strength, courage, and safety.

If others think this detail is too much or too frightening to include, please tell me and I will remove it. A very dear friend of mine disappeared the night she was signing divorce papers with her abusive (ex)husband. He had all of her personal items (phone, wallet) and she was never found. He gained custody of the one year old child she was devoted to. Going back to or being alone with or being found by an abuser can be deadly. I know you can't protect her if she decides to go back, but please help her stay safe. :grouphug:

Edited by beaners