Menu

Would you eat chicken & dumplings that were left out all night in a ~68F kitchen?

Nope, being sick isn't worth it to me.

I'm terribly forgetful when it comes to things like that and so now I set the timer on the stove. Works like a charm.

Hugs to you though! I know how involved my chicken and dumplings are to make (I just finished eating a bowl from the ones I made last night) and I'd be just sick if I left them out all night too.

Remember...set the timer. :D

No, absolutely not. Neither a microwave nor boiling will save them.

True. For several common food-borne pathogens, what makes you sick the is the toxins they produce as a by-product, not the pathogens themselves. While re-heating will kill the pathogens, it's much harder to eliminate the toxins.

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/extension/poison.html

I'm terribly forgetful when it comes to things like that and so now I set the timer on the stove. Works like a charm.

Remember...set the timer. :D

That is a great idea!!! :001_smile:

(And I'm glad you're throwing the food away. Why do we always forget to put away something that's a nuisance to make? Why can't we forget things like toast or something that came out of a can that cost 99 cents? :glare:)

No, absolutely not. Neither a microwave nor boiling will save them. I took a foods course in college, the first unit of which was food-borne infection, and it was eye-opening. So no, don't save them.

Sorry.

I agree, my food science classes make a BIG impact on me.:001_huh: