Menu

What is your favorite way to make popcorn?

My favorite way to make popcorn is...  

1. 1. My favorite way to make popcorn is...

• Air popper
    • In the microwave in a bag/popper thing
    • I buy the microwave popcorn packets
    • On the stove
    • I have one of those movie theater style popper things
    • Whut? Popcorn?
    • I dislike popcorn
    • I just like polls
    • Other

I voted other because I just got a Whirley Pop about a week ago and I love making it on the stove in that now.

Either 2tbsp coconut oil with 1/2 c popcorn and then butter after it's poured in bowl or

2tbsp coconut oil with a couple tbsps sugar 1/2C popcorn and you have yummy kettle corn.

The kids still want their microwave orville reddenbacher movie theater butter variety.

Whirly pop (coconut oil since Canola is now out!), then add a little butter and salt.

I have made kettle corn in a big pot, but I'm too afraid to make it in my whirly pop for fear of the clean-up mess it might create. I hate having to use a big pop though, because it's hard on my muscles having to shake it the entire time, lol!

I hate to even bring it up, but I've read that the microwave popcorn packages are pretty much the worst thing a person can eat. Something about what the bag is coated in, I forget, but once I read that article, we haven't eaten microwave popcorn since.

Another couple came over last night, and the wife brought popcorn. Unusual, I thought, until I tasted it.

Oh. My.

It was white chocolate coated popcorn.

Dee. Lish. Us.

:svengo:

Wow, did she make it herself? I remember I used to order popcorn form this place - oh wow, was it decadent!

http://www.daleandthomaspopcorn.com/double-chocolate-popcorn.aspx

Wow, did she make it herself? I remember I used to order popcorn form this place - oh wow, was it decadent!

http://www.daleandthomaspopcorn.com/double-chocolate-popcorn.aspx

She did.

She popped microwave popcorn and melted the chocolate, then stirred the popcorn into the chocolate and spread it on a cookie sheet. Once it's hardened, you break it up.

She did.

She popped microwave popcorn and melted the chocolate, then stirred the popcorn into the chocolate and spread it on a cookie sheet. Once it's hardened, you break it up.

Nice. I'm going to have to try something like this for winter yummies :)

We just get the microwave stuff. Light butter flavour. (dh likes to cover his with nacho or bbq seasoning after) I have an air popper somewhere, but it's SO noisy! I'm not sure what "on the stove" means…. like that Jiffy Pop stuff? We've used that a few times but it usually burns…

We just get the microwave stuff. Light butter flavour. (dh likes to cover his with nacho or bbq seasoning after) I have an air popper somewhere, but it's SO noisy! I'm not sure what "on the stove" means…. like that Jiffy Pop stuff? We've used that a few times but it usually burns…

On the stove usually means in a big pot. Take a big pot, put it on the heat (med high) add 3 T of oil with 1/2 a cup of popcorn kernels. Shake it once you hear the first pop. Once popping slows down, remove from heat. Add melted butter and/or salt.